110 to 220v upcoverter

wizgrow

Sorry if this is an already old question - I did "Search" first with no luck.....

So i have a room on a 15 amp circuit that is shared with 2 others rooms - Obviously going to run out of amps real quick! I am using 1 mars II 1200w and 2 96x3w reflectors but would like to add another 1200w - maybe even another down the road. Pretty sure that will be too much on the circuit. If I get a 110v to 220v upconverter off Amazon and run the lights off that will it actually reduce/half the "amp" draw from the house circuit?

Thanks in Advance!
Wiz

Damn it! Knew that solution had to be too easy or it would have googled! Unfortunately, re-wiring is not option as I am in a rental. I guess I can just use grow tents and run them at different times........................ unless some one know of a different option :)

Thanks for confirmation Throwayay...... Appreciate the quick response.

Wiz

You can always have two flower rooms on the same circuit. But where would be your grow room ?

Also, don't forget that you need not to exceed 15 Amps on the 110V breaker. Running exactly 15 amps is not recommended either.

Are you able to change the breaker for a 20 amp ? Or even better, get a 220V breaker ?

Good news - I got the renter to upgrade the room with 220V! Never messed with 220 before - Do I need special power strips or do the 110v ones work just as well?

Back
Top Bottom