150 Watt HPS in a 48" x 24" x 60" Tent

Re: 150 watt hps in a 48"(L) x 24"(W) x 60"(H) (4ft x 2ft x 5ft) tent.

Ok I am back. I am down to 2 plants now. They have been in flower starting today 3 weeks. I started them off in 3 gal pots and transplanted to 6 gal pots.
Tycals_wk_3_Flower_011.JPG
Tycals_wk_3_Flower_009.JPG
Tycals_wk_3_Flower_007.JPG
Tycals_wk_3_Flower_005.JPG
Tycals_wk_3_Flower_003.JPG
Tycals_wk_3_Flower_001.JPG
Tycals_wk_2_Flower_012.JPG
Tycals_wk_2_Flower_013.JPG
Tycals_wk_2_Flower_016.JPG

I may run out of room even with just these 2 plants. I have the 150 HPS as high as the tent will allow. The larger plant on the right I had to flush due to nute burn and what I thought was too much phosphorus. After 2 days it bounced back and even shot up 2 inches on the main branches. I have been using a tea that I made from FFOF and Molasses. Any and all help would be greatly recieved.

Been quite busy the last few weeks on the Job Hunt. Laid off again!!
Had to put a hold on getting some supplies until things pick up. Just going with the basics.

I am on the case Wiz. I forgot to mention my Biodiesel Mass Auto.
Three_the_Hard_Way_004.JPG
Three_the_Hard_Way_001.JPG

She is 2 weeks old from seed. Can you LST an Auto?
I did some LSTing of the Bagseeds because they are getting to large I think.
Is it true that a plant will double or triple in size during flower. If so does that refer to bud formation or in height?
I really wish I had went on and purchased a 400 watt HPS! My electric bill is super low!! 67 buck for the whole month and that is running the AC and the 150 plus 2 cfl's on the 14/10 GLR you told me about! Man you guys are a well spring of knowledge.

Like I stated I went with the 6 gal pots since I only had 2 female from the bagseeds. I read the bigger the pot the bigger the root system thus bigger plant growth. Although I will not be using bag seed again, I did a little research on bag seed and found that most bag seed is proberly Mexican. From the look of the leaves they are Sativa dominate so I believe they will have to be in flower a little longer than an Indica. The Fan leaves are huge!!

The one on the right is the largest one. If I did not LST it, it would be touching the light. The one on the left was the runt.
tycals_bagseed_grow_2_002.JPG
. After I flushed them both she went Banana's!
I was thinking of using some MG with a NPK of 18-18-21 on them. I have heard all sorts of mixed reviews about MG but want to give it a try on the bag seed. I just added some molasses to it and they seem to be doing ok. I am using the FFOF Tea with Molasses on the Biodiesel and will do the same for my 2 Afghan seedling starting next week.
Afghani_Babies_003.JPG
Afghani_Babies_001.JPG
. I figured if I am going to experiment I should do it on the bag seed and not my known strains.

Now I know most start the seedling in cups or smaller containers but I figured if they were out in nature they would be planted directly into the ground so why not go straight to the pot that it will live in anyway from the start. Any one have any knowledge of the Afghan Kush strain. I have read that it is good for beginners. I am a Sativa kind of guy but figured I may as well get experience growing both types.

What up 420 Fam. Heading into week 5 of flowering. One bad report to announce. My girl jumped the gun and watered my ladies this weekend. I had just watered them 3 days before she did. Plus she left the lights off for a whole day! Here is what they look like.
BAG_SEED_WEEK_4_FLOWER_028.JPG
BAG_SEED_WEEK_4_FLOWER_028.JPG
BAG_SEED_WEEK_4_FLOWER_026.JPG
BAG_SEED_WEEK_4_FLOWER_024.JPG
BAG_SEED_WEEK_4_FLOWER_022.JPG
BAG_SEED_WEEK_4_FLOWER_020.JPG
BAG_SEED_WEEK_4_FLOWER_019.JPG
BAG_SEED_WEEK_4_FLOWER_018.JPG
BAG_SEED_WEEK_4_FLOWER_016_-_Copy.JPG
BAG_SEED_WEEK_4_FLOWER_015.JPG
BAG_SEED_WEEK_4_FLOWER_014_-_Copy.JPG
BAG_SEED_WEEK_4_FLOWER_013_-_Copy.JPG
BAG_SEED_WEEK_4_FLOWER_012_-_Copy.JPG
BAG_SEED_WEEK_4_FLOWER_010_-_Copy.JPG
BAG_SEED_WEEK_4_FLOWER_007.JPG
BAG_SEED_WEEK_4_FLOWER_005.JPG

I know it is hard for anyone to see the white hairs but they are there! The one on the right was the runt of the two. She is catching up rather fast. As a matter of fact she has more white hairs showing then the bigger one. The one in the middle is my one Biodiesel Mass Auto.
I did have some droopy leaves but they have since started perking up again. I am getting the bushy look that I wanted but man these ladies are still growing vertically. The tent is 5 feet tall and I only have about 1 foot of space from the top of the light to the top of the tent. Will they get that tall?

Forgot to say that I pruned some of the lower branches. Some of the leaves were just falling off so I cut the stem off. I figured they were not getting much light down there anyway. I could have cloned some of them but the strain is unknown from bag seed and I will not be messing with them again after this. I have to make room for my 2 Afghan Kush ladies.

Down to 1 bag seed plant. The larger of the two turned out to be a hermie. The Runt has taken off but I need to know what is wrong with the leaves. It looks like these have been nibbled on by something.
Tycals_017.JPG
Tycals_020.JPG
Tycals_019.JPG
Tycals_018.JPG

Here is what I have going on in the tent.
1 Bag seed
1 Bio Mass Auto
2 Afghan Kush

I am using MG Tomatoe food on the Bag seed with molasses every 7 days and water in between as needed(wk 5 Flower)
Tea made from FFOF and Molasses for the Auto every 7 days and water in between as needed(wk 5)
Molasses and Water every 7 days for the Afghans. They are will be on wk 4 of veg in 2 days. I will introduce the Tea next week.

Here is what they look like
Tycals_016.JPG
Tycals_015.JPG
Tycals_014.JPG
Tycals_013.JPG
Tycals_012.JPG
Tycals_011.JPG
Tycals_010.JPG
Tycals_009.JPG
Tycals_006.JPG
Tycals_007.JPG
Tycals_008.JPG
Tycals_005.JPG

Does it look like they are budding correctly? I figured the Bag seed is a Sativa due to the leaf size. I figured it would be further along in the flower process(wk5) and it looks kind of skimpy.

They are both showing pistols. They have been slowly filling in. Yea I noticed some gnats yesterday. Will this cause a problem?
I was thinking that the slow budding was from a Phospheros def. Because I have been low on funds I have been using a tea made from ffof and molasess. I have not been able to find the NPK of FFOF. Do you think my tea is enough for flowering. I have nothing else to use beside MG Tomatoe food which has a NPK of 18-18-21. I know I need to raise the P and lower the N.

Teas will do just fine. I seen growers use nothing but teas for there whole grow. Should come out pretty darn good. But I never made a tea from soil. If you can come up with 10-15 bucks hydro stores sell Liquid Kool Bloom which is 0-10-10. Or you can go to home depot and they should have Alaskan Marble Bloom for $10 or less. which is also 0-10-10.

Or find a nursery in your area that sells Jacks Ferts. Its a powder form that is super great and super cheap. $5 per pound. The ratio is like
0-28-35

Back
Top Bottom