18 plant T5 12 bulb setup! OG Kush and LA CON Check it and leave feedback!

SoCalMedGrowe

Here it is...I have a grow journal on another website but there is an abundance of knowledge on here too... You guys are great and I just joined yesterday...lol Here's my current legal medical grow...18 plant T5 setup. 12 LA Confidential and 6 OG kush. So far these were planted last wed. would be feb. 24th 2010. The clones were well rooted but the og's were on the small side...This is my first grow using t5's and I am kinda surprised with the developement these things have already in a week under t5...lol Well I potted in 1 gal growbags using FFOF and am going to transplant to 3 gal grow bags before flowering. I am watering with no nutes yet just ph balanced water.
First 2 pics are of all 18, 2nd is LA CON, 3rd is OG Kush...

Leave feedback please...Any tips?? Tricks?? Anyone with prior expierence with t5's??
IMG_00384.jpg

IMG_00366.jpg

IMG_00412.jpg

IMG_00425.jpg

Re: 18 plant T5 12 bulb setup!!! OGG Kush and LAA CON Check it and leave feedback!!!

Great strains and clean setup.

What kind of T5 lights are you using? How many watts?

My experience with CFL's and T5's is that they work best at 2-4" off the canopy, maybe a bit higher if you need more coverage, but try to keep them pretty close.

thanks for sharing your grow on 420Mag ;)

Re: 18 plant T5 12 bulb setup!!! OGG Kush and LAA CON Check it and leave feedback!!!

The one in the pic is a sunblaze 4' 8 bulb...On the sidelines is a sylver star 4' 4 bulb...I believe these t5's use about 54 watts per bulb...So with 8 it is 432 watts and 12 bulbs would be 648 watts. Im currently using 8 bulbs and will switch to 12 when they get a bit bigger and spread out...The thing I like about these t5's is you can keep them close and they dont create that much heat at all...

im sure it will rock, your in the right place if you have any issues...unreal support here, people are great and know their shit..I knew nothing coming in (still dont) but what ive learned seems to be working so far...I was on a few forums before settling in here, good vibe here for sure!

The one in the pic is a sunblaze 4' 8 bulb...On the sidelines is a sylver star 4' 4 bulb...I believe these t5's use about 54 watts per bulb...So with 8 it is 432 watts and 12 bulbs would be 648 watts. Im currently using 8 bulbs and will switch to 12 when they get a bit bigger and spread out...The thing I like about these t5's is you can keep them close and they dont create that much heat at all...

You got enough lumens to rock this grow.

I like growing with T5's a lot too. In addition to the low heat and closeness to the canopy, it's also nice to be able to change the spectrum by using different tubes.

Yes, 60,000 lumens, but 4" or less off the canopy. That makes a huge difference in efficiency.

You might not want to veg them as long as you vegged with HID, because IMO you'll get better penetration and coverage on shorter plants with T5's.

Yeah I was planning on keeping these 18 a lil smaller so light can penetrate canopy... I am thinking of vegging for a total of four weeks...what do you think? I am in day 11 of veg...

2.5-3 weeks

INteresting...What I saw on them BAd boy t5 seem to be as good as any hid `s for budding.... I am about to get some gear now that I have ruled out any LEDS its in the air between t5`s and hids now good luck with the grow will be chewing my popcorn and watching thanks...!

wow,
my fav. plants....looking good...lavendar

Looks good to me!!

I have some WWs under T5s. No idea how to link photos, but check out my gallery.

I started low stress training for 4 of 5 seedlings, 5th growing as mother, when I transplanted into 5 gallon Smart Pots.

Two are nearly trained across the pot, so the four will go into flowering in 7 days. For flowering, I have HPS.

Peace

Back
Top Bottom