1st Grow - Advanced Seeds Biodieselxmass - Hempy Style

nico piff

So after lots of lurking and research I finally decided to seriously pursue growing my on MJ. I picked an auto strain to keep it simple the first time around so I can just get the feel for what I have to do before doing any bigger grow so ill just be doing 1 plant for now under a 150w hps light in a 5 gal hempy bucket with all perlite. I used such a big bucket because according to herbies this auto can get from 2-3 feet tall so I thought it would be better for root growth.

Right now the seed is just germinating in a paper towel but I have everything setup and ready to go, im just waiting on my nutes to come from Blue Planet Nutrients which I decided to use because people here seem to be having good results with them, so I picked up the 2 part system for myself. The owner was also helpful in giving me some advice on the grow since I couldnt really find a nute schedule for autos:thanks:. I have some pictures of my materials but no plants are growing yet so nothing exciting. If anyone has some advice or tips i would appreciate any help:thumb:
IMG-20120225-00001.jpg

breeder pack
IMG-20120225-00004.jpg

5 gal hempy wrapped in reflective tape to keep light light out ( I made it reflective before I picked the second bucket for the runoff, im probably just gonna switch to some sort of tray anyway)
IMG-20120225-00003.jpg

runoff bucket for now (The 5 gal fits inside of it)
IMG-20120225-00002.jpg

germination

Re: 1st grow-Advanced seeds biodieselxmass-Hempy style

thanks gt.

once the seed sprouts i plan on putting it into a jiffy peat pellet and then placing that in the perlite, but i have heard that peat is too acidic. is this a bad idea?

thanks guys. i just checked on the paper towel and the little white tail is just barely starting to poke through now so tomorrow morning im gonna throw it in a jiffy pellet, i would do it now but i want to run to the store to grab some distilled water first

IMG-20120227-00006.jpg
Minor update- i put the seedling in a jiffy pellet which is in a tupperware container with a little bit of water on the bottom to keep moist and put in on my cable box to keep warm,BUT the taproot was curled in complete circle so i didnt kno how to put it in, is this ok?

how long should it take to see it sprout through the peat, i only put it about 1/4 inch in

Usually sprouts take 1-3 days. so long as their not to deep. A friend of mine whose helping with my grow told me that seeds can detect gravity so you dont have to worry about which side is up its just if the tail is facing up it may take a bit longer to push through the soil. Im subbed in! good luck on your grow!:thumb:

thank you princess. last night i put the peat in the center of the perlite and dug it out a little so that everything is level, just waiting on that sprout to show its face now.

light came today so i put everything in its permanent place.
IMG-20120301-00008.jpg

still waiting on the sprout so when it does poke through im gonna raise the bucket up so its only about 8 inches under the light.

:lot-o-toke:

The nutes came today from bpn, very fast shipping, from order to my front door in 5 days.
The sprout finally poked its head above soil! nothing picture worthy tho, so ill keep you updated.

stupid question... when it says at "x"ml's of nutrients to one gallon of water does that mean i need to water with a full gallon of water everytime?

No, that is just the mixture ratio. Water with just enough to fully wet the entire root structure, most water until they see runoff. Hope that helps.
GT

Gonna pull up a seat and watch brodda.:thumb: I try to mix a little more anyway. Saves mixing twice. Just soak them till they start leaking out and wait for em to dry out before watering again. I usualy lift the pot. If its heavy, I leave it alone. If its light, I water. It takes about a week in my tent before its time to water again. :peace:

ok thanks for the help guys :bravo:

not much growth since yesterday, maybe a cm if any change at all. cant wait for this little one to take off so you all actually have something nice to look at instead of just pictures of my setup:blunt:

IMAG03606.jpg

its 15 days from the night i put it in the paper towel and maybe like 10 or 11 since it sprouted above soil i dont remember. why are the leaves lighter at the tips? and is it a good size for its age? its only maybe an inch tall maybe a little more...

Back
Top Bottom