PacificNorth's 400w Hempy Hybrid Strawberry Haze ScrOG

Thanks, I think its all good now, seems like everything is turning around, will know better tomorrow, I dropped my Aerogarden down too. Will do a double check of PH in the am then update here with some pics that I took tonight. Definetly one thing I am loving about Hydro, nearly instant results when changes are made.

More to come
-Pacific North

Hey folks, alright so sorry, been a few days since a photo update, things are looking up so heres a couple quik shots. I am sorry for the poor quality, new camera to come soon.

2012-02-01_13_27_33.jpg

Getting crowded, going to figure something out for those test babies in the rockwool, they sure dont mind th PH, can use more Nitrogen though.

2012-02-01_13_27_25.jpg

The Haze ladies are quite shocked from the PH problem but are pulling through now, will update later as they seem to progress hourly. The growth on the test babies has been substantial so I feel the Haze's will soon catch up affter recovering from this PH hangover. I tried to tell them to slow down but had to bring the lemon in. GH PH down to come soon along with Cal/Mag and a liquid sweetener, just cant figure out which flavour yet.

Thanks for checkin in!
-Pacific North

Just a added thought, if looking back to the midnight posts of January 27 the growth is shown then on the test baies in rockwool in comparison to pictures just posted now, 4.5 days later. Hope these Haze ladies can catch up and do the same as they are 4 days younger.

-Pacific North

Just did a quik check, things are progressing, slowly, with that said there is only one plant which I am concerned about. Although it continues to grrow, the first set of leaves affter the guard leaves have almost completely wilted, not sure if they will regenerate or not with the first set being so badly damaged.

Just working right now on Foil taping some 24oz containers to convert for Hempy, will get the coco soaking and this will be the new home for the test outdoor babies.

Dissapointed with this PH problem occuring and with the shock and comparing the Haze ladies to the Test babies, I think I have lost about 4 days due to stunting, making the haze ladies now 8 days behind in growth. With that said one who has always been the strongest is continuing to thrive so at least I am able to determine a super strong mother out of the batch. Just not going to get the immediate yield I was hoping for, back to the highly limited supplies and options at the local Bud Club, thats alright, just dont have the same quality get up and go uplifting buds I prefer to use to treat my condition.

Who knows though, maybe with the Strawberry Haze being a high of a yielder as they say, along with the ScrOG maybe things can pull through and keep me going till the nest turn around, I am thinking Strawberry Haze and Kalashnikova. Or perhaps Super Critical. Any one have any preferances?

Thanks for checking in and photos to come as soon as I see my wife off to work.

-Pacific North

Hello PN, Great grow you have going here! I'd love to step up to a fogger or some type of hydro system but I'm way to burnt for that! It looks like you've put a good bit of time and effort into this grow. I'm subbed and along for the ride. Good luck!

Thanks for checkin in and thanks for the compiments, long ways to go hopefully, Amazon.com has great deals on pumps, I am just fortunate to haze boxes and boxes of irrigation and gardening equitment from my time spent landscaping. Thanks again and will be back at yours frequently.

Cheers!
-Pacific North

Alright so heres a quik photo update, I am sorry, been strapped for time this week.

2012-02-03_10_26_12.jpg

The Family, as you can see 3 of the ladies are mediocre although will pul through I think, the closest one severly burnt, not sure why exactly but had to do with my PH, this is my only concern so I am now just flushing her daily. Great growth on the larger ladies, and still under 2" tall but 4" across. Hempys tonight for them, (I hope)

2012-02-03_10_25_56.jpg

A little more cheerfull of a shot.

Last night I had found that the GH Flora 3 part recipe had been revised, this is alright as I now changed my res to 50% of what this called for, I also increased my Aerogarden to 100% late veg formula, need that Cal/Mag though, hopefully tomorrow along with some B-52 or else Jump Start for my next go around and cloning.

-Pacific North

Hey everyone, so I'm sorry again, once things get worked out here I will be able to update alot more. The Haze ladies are still struggling although 2 are thriving, amd one is just small from being stuck shut. I have some photos and will take more to upload tomorrow.

Did a little transplanting and am trying my first go at Hempys, 3 test babies are now in 1 liter containers with coco and peralite. Affter a quik check I may have over fed a little for them adjusting to the 400w MH. We will know in the monring, hopefully not though. Need to order a couple more timers and my pumps, at least the test babies are growing like, well, weeds. Have a couple more strains comming to test with, excited to see how these work out.

Photos to come soon!
-Pacific North

Alright, so sorry folks, it had been a few days and I keep promising photos, my they are just of such poor quality I feel bad wasting space and time with them. But things are greatly looking up, and going great. Test babies are now in their Hempys under the 400 watt MH, the Strawberry haze ladies are all pulling through and looking great now today, the 3 weakest went through a full range of coulors with the PH imbalances although the strongest and by far healthiest of the Strawberry Hazes has been decided for my mother and hopefully the rest can give me a little bit of smoke once I get them under a 600 watt HPS, need to purchase her in the near future.

So that was just a quik written updatem PH now balanced and comfortable at 5.5 for Haze ladies and 5.8 for the test bag seed babies. Running nutrients ar full strength for everyone with the addition of Growtek Cal-Max, seems to be working wonders already and only introduced yesterday. Cab temperatures are 27 celcius for Haze ladies and 25 celcius for test babies.

Soon to come this week, adding to my personal strain stable-
Feminised Himalaya Gold
Emerald Gold

Both strains will be started simply on Cal-Max, never used it before untill yesterday. Really enjoying Coco medium growing

Thanks for checking in!
-Pacific North

Hey everyone, been a while, took on a project helping a friend with some renovations and construction and havent had much time for anything else. With that said, things are looking pretty nice, wish I had photos as of this moment but am waiting on the new set up.

After a great deal of research I decided I am interested in giving T5 lighting a shot for flowering, now I know HPS is considerably better as far as statistics go but I have a theory, and this is only a theory, but if I were to upgrade to my new Cabinet, which I am now thinking should be 4' x 2' out of the avaliable 7' x 2', in the 4 x 2 space I can run a 8 bulb HO T5 system producing around 40 000 lumens, within this 8 square foot cab this will give me 5000 lumens per square foot, which is on the minimal side of recomended light but with using ScrOG light penetration is less of a concern. With the T5 evenly distributing the lights acros every budsite I fell I may be onto something here but only time will tell.

I love the Quantum BadBoy system although I have opted for a Sun Blaze HO, $210.00 including 6500K blue spectrum bulbs, for another $100.00 I have ordered Quantum 2900K Flower bulbs, so for under $350.00 I now have lighting required for a full grow rather than purchasing a 600w HPS with Cool tube and seperate exhaust fan, which will be well over $500.00 and will not distrbute the light quite as evenly and require a great deal more of head room.

My theory fells that using the T5 lighting I will require my cab to only be about 3.5 feet tall where as the HPS I will have to use aty least 5 of the avaliable 7 feet of head space. With the T5's I can tier my Cab and have 2 seperate chambers allowing me to have a more perpetual harvest. This is alright for me as my medical licence allows me to have a higher plant count than even what the 2 chambers with a seperate "Strain Stable" for my mothers.

With sectioning this space off and tiering I alos have 3 feet of the avaliable 7 feet of cab length to eventually purchase a HPS system and play with it experimenting with T5's against HPS for flower, side by side.

I am certainly not saying T5's are better for flower or even comparable to HPS, I just feel that in my application it may be the better route for me to go, and is more cost effective at the moment.

I hope to record my findings and results at great length on here. I also hope nest time around to purchase a VHO T5 system and compare them side by side, although HO 54w systems are the most efficient in the 4 foot catagory when you compare watts to lumens produced

54w HO- 5000 lumens - 92.6 lumens per watt
95w VHO- 7200 Lumens - 75.8 lumens per watt

As well the VHO systems are well over double the price, and I can barely find bulbs. Maybe in a few years or if I was a commercial grower, but for my meds I think this may be the best route.

With all this said, the ladies are looking amazing! Hempy is truly a great style of growing, I have just found the the dry out period is key, the second day affter waterings the growth is explosive.

The Strawberry Haze ladies are looking beautiful and smell great, were switched to Flower 4 days ago, 36hour dark shock switch, one lady has already began to show her hairs. I chose my mother and have been performing extensive LST on her.

The Himalaya Gold and emerald wonders are also doing well, comparable to the Strawberry Haze ladies and are on the exact same feeding and transplanting regiment as of now, the Himalays will be ready to flower in about 10 days and the Emerald wonders will be sexed at this time.

Bag seed test babies which will be called Pacifics Purple Cataract once I develop the strain over the next few summers are doing well although I am disgusted with the internodal spacing beings produced by my 400w MH. I am able to keep it only about 4 inches from the plant tops due to out cool temperatures but still lots of stretch. Having way better luck Vegging under 6500k CFL's in a micky moused grow box.

Thanks for checking in again folks!
Hopefully I can keep the posts comming, see no reason why not now!
-Pacific North

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am reporting this to be moved to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom