To Hell in A Hempy Bucket - Vrt CMH - Wonder Woman/Red Dragon

Two Tokes

Let's get the basics down of the new grow.

Strains - Wonder Woman (Nirvana) & Red Dragon (Barney's Farm)

Light - 400W CMH Philips Retro White w/CFL assist after stretch

Container - 2.5 Gallon Hempy Buckets

Medium - 2 w/Perlite Res topped with 80/20 Coco/FFOF Mix
2- w/red lava rock res topped with 50/50 mix of red lava rock and80/20 coco/FFOF mix

Nutes - Dynamite Mater Magic, Dynamite Brown Organic and small amount of Epsoma Tomato Tone & Jobes Organic Tomato plus players to be named later. Also Extreme Gardening AZOS & Mykos.

Space - 42"x36"x52"

Some pictures of the basic participants.

Red Dragon
022011_010.JPG

Red Dragon 2
022011_007.JPG

Wonder Woman
022011_005.JPG

Wonder Woman 2
022011_008.JPG

The pictures are from 3 days ago.

There are two sets of plants staggered 7-10 days apart. This gives me a chance to experiment on the first set of plants and adjust if I screw something up. However, since I am attempting to compare the two hempy mediums, the experimentation will be very conservative.

The first set of plants have a chunky perlite reservoir with a 80/20 mix of coco and a Fox Farm Ocean Forest blend on top. The top of the pot has about a 1/2" of FFOF.

The FFOF blend started with FFOF, Tomato Tone/Jobes Organic Tomato/Mater Magic/Dynamite Brown. I thought it was a light mix but it toasted the plants I put in it. I cut it 50/50 with fresh FFOF and it still lightly toasted the plants put in it. So it has been cut 50/50 with FFOF again and mixed with amount of coco.

The second set of plants has red lava rock in the reservoir. Above that the 80/20 coco/FFOF mix has been mixed 50/50 with red lava rock.

You follow all that and you get a free joint!:cool:

The second set just got transplanted today. Reminds me that need to water them.

The first set will be LST'd today or tomorrow and probably hit 12/12 around Wednesday.

The first watering (used for both) is 5ml Cal/Mag+ per gallon of rainwater with a few drops of Super Thrive.

Alright Thanks, I will help myself, anyone have some nice pillows, I want to get really comfortable after I eat these brownies. :party:

The sitting is set up similar to the old dream theater in Monterey. Comfy chairs and small coaches with plenty of pillows. Being vertical, this is theater in the round.

Nice. They are looking good. I have some RD but haven't dropped any yet. Think I'll watch yours to know what to expect.

Welcome to the new ride.

Here are a couple of RD sneak peaks.

Red Dragon
022011B_001.JPG

This was the original seedling that supplied the current clones. It is in a 1/2 gallon hempy that isn't even full. Guessing some kind of FFOF/Coco mix with maybe some extra organic nutes but I don't remember much. Looking back at my old journal, my best guess is about a month since it first started showing flowers. Say 6 weeks of 12/12. plant is currently about 20" tall.

Red Dragon Bud
022011B_002.JPG

Plant looks pretty healthy but I might experiment with a little Bloombastic. :grinjoint:

I seem to remember that flowering time is 9 weeks. Never really clear if that is 12/12 time or with actual flowers?

I would have had Wonder Woman samples like this but I killed them. They were not appreciative of being taken from 12/12 CMH to 24/0 cfl, transplanted and then back to 12/12 CMH. The longer they had been out of 12/12 the faster they died back in 12/12. The RD spent the least time out of 12/12 and was the only one I could save. This abuse is mainly responsible for the lack of fan leaves.

Hi TT ! :grinjoint:

Now that's just too good! The sitting is set up similar to the old dream theater in Monterey. I have participated in a few movies there myself! Wonder if it's still there? Lived there for 5 years in the early 80s. Lived on Sandy Beach! I miss it, but not the cold water.

Looks like your going to takes us on another fine ride!
:party:

Hi TT ! :grinjoint:

Now that's just too good! The sitting is set up similar to the old dream theater in Monterey. I have participated in a few movies there myself! Wonder if it's still there? Lived there for 5 years in the early 80s. Lived on Sandy Beach! I miss it, but not the cold water.

Looks like your going to takes us on another fine ride!

Unfortunately, the Dream Theater is no longer around. We might have caught some of the same flicks. I mostly lived in Mid-Valley at that time. (More sun) I do miss it. There and where you are are my choice of where I would like to live next.

oh man the wonder woman didn't make it? I just got done harvesting my first batch and it's amazing stuff. If you have a chance, grow it out again, its a great plant and amazing smoke

oh man the wonder woman didn't make it? I just got done harvesting my first batch and it's amazing stuff. If you have a chance, grow it out again, its a great plant and amazing smoke

Let me clarify something. The Wonder Woman that didn't make it were the original seedlings in 12/12 to determine sex. I took plenty of clones. ;)

The current grow features two of those clones.

Been lurking at the edges of your grow waiting for the smoke report. :cool:

Nice and thx for the info. What's the smell factor on the RD? Should I invest in another scrubber?

Can't really tell about the smell. I didn't notice much when I gave the bud a wiff. But then I am pretty immune to the grow smell.

I'll come in to the house after some work in the flower space and Mrs. Tokes will look at me cross-eyed and say "Have you been in the garage?" I guess that it smells so good to me that I just don't notice.:Rasta:

I'm in TT, can't wait to see how the lava rock hempies do ;).

Welcome SS!:smokin:

Side by side _ Red Lava on left-RD front right and back left
022211a_002.JPG

What a difference 10 days makes. ;)

The right side was LST'd yesterday and already bounced back. They will get their 3rd watering tonight and hit 12/12 on Wednesday.

For the record, the second watering was 2ml/gal Cal/Mag+ and 1/4 tsp./gal MaxiGrow in rainwater. I just threw in the MaxiGrow for fun and the extra minerals. I bought the MaxiGrow to use in light doses on vegging plants in mini-hempies waiting for transplant. Been having ongoing assorted minor deficiencies in the smaller plants and the light dosage seems to cure them.

Back
Top Bottom