To Hell in A Hempy Bucket - Vrt CMH - Wonder Woman/Red Dragon

:rofl::rofl:Drove the truck over them:rofl::rofl:

I figured out that the Vigoro that i bought from HD was industrially screened to be 1/2 to 1" so I just use whats in the bag. However other brands or lots can be screened differently.

The first thing to do would be to get a piece of 1"x1" welded wire fencing. Pour some rocks on top, shake it a bit and see what comes through. That should all be a usable size. Even the little pebbly pieces and powder are OK.

Another method of sorting is to put on a pair of gloves. Pour some rock on a flat surface. Run your hands over the top to roll the bigger pieces off to the side.

I had some bigger pieces that I wanted to break up. One time I used a 1lb hand sledge/mallet and another time I just used a regular hammer. One good sharp whack was all it took to break a piece. Problem is that small piece sometimes want to fly away.

Last time I just mixed some of the bigger pieces with some of the smaller pieces and used them in the res section. Working great.:grinjoint:

I don't have any trouble sorting them :grinjoint:

But, are you mixing the rocks in with the coco? Ratio? And then you're also using the rocks in lieu of perlite for the res?

I may try a tracked bobcat for the next crushing... mechanical advantage :yahoo:

I don't have any trouble sorting them :grinjoint:

But, are you mixing the rocks in with the coco? Ratio? And then you're also using the rocks in lieu of perlite for the res?

I may try a tracked bobcat for the next crushing... mechanical advantage :yahoo:

Yep, rock in the res. 50/50 rock to coco/dirt mix. That is what Set 3 is in.

Bobcat! Get one with a back hoe attachment and slam the rocks with the bucket.:grinjoint:

Hay TT,

I finally found the Vigoro lava rocks... HD!

I've got a milk crate that has a 1" gridded bottom. The handles make it great for shaking. Getting shifty with it! :grinjoint:

Thanks!

Hay TT,

I finally found the Vigoro lava rocks... HD!

I've got a milk crate that has a 1" gridded bottom. The handles make it great for shaking. Getting shifty with it! :grinjoint:

Thanks!

The milk crate sounds perfect for sorting buds.

You keep everything that stays in the crate. Blue, OMM and I will split the rest. You don't want that pesky little stuff anyway.:grinjoint::grinjoint::grinjoint:

Hey TT I like the way you think haha!

I guess you won't know until you harvest but how close to growing in organic soil do you hope your lava/coco hempies get as far as taste and dankness goes? How's the smell? Is there any FFOF in with that batch?

Have you noticed any soil washing out of the hempy hole?

Fascinating grow, I'm diggin it :bong:

Hey TT I like the way you think haha!

I guess you won't know until you harvest but how close to growing in organic soil do you hope your lava/coco hempies get as far as taste and dankness goes? How's the smell? Is there any FFOF in with that batch?

Have you noticed any soil washing out of the hempy hole?

Fascinating grow, I'm diggin it :bong:

So far, I have harvested 9 plants that were in dirty hempies. Greta smell and great taste inspite of some of my screw ups. :) This Set 3 should be even better.

I have trouble remembering what I put in the pots. Going to have to write it down. :grinjoint:

Set 3 is about 50% red lava rock, 30% coco, 15% FFOF and 5% VermiBlend. Res is all lava.

The coco seems to do a good job of holding things together. Haven't really noticed anything coming out of the hole. Needs to be mixed up well and moist when put into the pot.

So far, I have harvested 9 plants that were in dirty hempies. Greta smell and great taste inspite of some of my screw ups. :) This Set 3 should be even better.

I have trouble remembering what I put in the pots. Going to have to write it down. :grinjoint:

Set 3 is about 50% red lava rock, 30% coco, 15% FFOF and 5% VermiBlend. Res is all lava.

The coco seems to do a good job of holding things together. Haven't really noticed anything coming out of the hole. Needs to be mixed up well and moist when put into the pot.

Hello Two Tokes, Blue, and Horse. :ganjamon:

You guys sound like some mad scientists that are speaking some alien language. Driving over rocks in a truck! Getting bigger trucks too. Sledge hammers? Dirty Hempy? Clean Hempy? Wait let me get high...maybe some clarity will come to me. OK, I'm Skunkyfied now. Having seen all of your results before, your doing something pretty spectacular, all of you. A year or so ago people were cursing coco....your changing things with your grow successes. Boys keep at it! You sound like you are having the time of your lives! :party:

Thanks TT. Have you done a straight perlite grow? If you have, how's the smell in the grow room from the dirty hempies compared to that?

The closest I come to that is coco/perlite mixed hempies with Dynamite & OC+.

Hard for me to comment on the grow room smell because I seem to be immune. However, the wife makes me change my shirt when I come into the house because I smell like a skunk.:grinjoint:

My dirty hempy plants do taste better and have a slightly stronger effect than the coco/perlite. The current level of refinement of my system has been deficiency free from clone to 1 week 12/12. The Set 3 plants are the healthiest I have grown so far. :yummy:

Sets 1&2 are pretty healthy also but were intentionally under nuted at the beginning.:morenutes:

Hello Two Tokes, Blue, and Horse. :ganjamon:

You guys sound like some mad scientists that are speaking some alien language. Driving over rocks in a truck! Getting bigger trucks too. Sledge hammers? Dirty Hempy? Clean Hempy? Wait let me get high...maybe some clarity will come to me. OK, I'm Skunkyfied now. Having seen all of your results before, your doing something pretty spectacular, all of you. A year or so ago people were cursing coco....your changing things with your grow successes. Boys keep at it! You sound like you are having the time of your lives! :party:

It all makes more sense after a couple of tokes.:grinjoint: or 3 or 4......

Thanks TT. Have you done a straight perlite grow? If you have, how's the smell in the grow room from the dirty hempies compared to that?

I only did one straight perlite grow, and that was with Power Plant. There was very little smell, unless I touched them :grinjoint: Setting Sun noticed the same with his, but I'm not sure they were all perlite.

My dirty hempies smell, but it's wonderful ;)

The REd Dragon seedling has come to the end of its time.

040611_002.JPG

She sucked everything out of all the fan leaves and the tips of bud leaves. Even out of the stems. Slightly top heavy.

040611_004.JPG

040611_005.JPG

Still doing her best to grow out more bud but there was just no nutrition left to be had so time to start the path to the bowl. Mostly milky trichs with about 10% clear and 10% amber. This is on the bud not the sugar leaves.

The test bud I smoked so many weeks ago was great. Hoping it is even better now.:surf:

Time for a little update on Set 1

Set 1 Red Dragon 12/12 Day 43 = Flower Day 33
040711_001.JPG

Hanging out between the two grow spaces.

A little low on nitrogen so I top dressed with another TBS. of organic nute mix and a thin layer of FFOF. Might do something more tomorrow but first I had to deal with a gnat expansion.

Ecosmart had been doing in the flying gnats but there was starting to be a second round coming out of the plants in greater numbers. They got a light drench a couple of days ago using Gnatrol. Gave them a medium drench with Gnatrol today and will probably have to do a light drench once per week for the next three. Plus spray the flying bastards.

Set 1 Wonder Woman - Ditto

040711_005.JPG

Not quite as deficient but got the same treatment which also included a 1/2 dose of kelp and some sucanant.

Debating what to do for further supplementation. Still pre-swell so this might be the last shot at using some guano for N. Or maybe go to some top dressed OC+/Dynamite in a mesh bag.

None of the bud shots of the above plants were usable so I amd throwing in the Red Dragon Seedling harvest.

040711_011.JPG

Not bad for a neglected and abused plant. Gives me a great idea of how fat the RD in Sets 1&2 should get before it is time to harvest.

:hookah:

Looking fat and sassy, TT.

I wonder if you can make an OC tea? High tea time ;)

I gave OC+/Dynamite tea a try. Took 2 Tbs. and put it in to 3/4 gallon of rainwater. Stirred every few minutes. About 30 minutes later, I poured the water into another container.

I used the water on some test seedlings (Jack Herer, Vanilla Kush) that were looking in need of something. This morning at the end of 12/12 they didn't look any worse and seemed to look a little better.

Next up a try on "real" plants. Going to give them another 12 hours for the Gnatrol to work its magic.

I gave OC+/Dynamite tea a try. Took 2 Tbs. and put it in to 3/4 gallon of rainwater. Stirred every few minutes. About 30 minutes later, I poured the water into another container.

I used the water on some test seedlings (Jack Herer, Vanilla Kush) that were looking in need of something. This morning at the end of 12/12 they didn't look any worse and seemed to look a little better.

Next up a try on "real" plants. Going to give them another 12 hours for the Gnatrol to work its magic.

What do you use for a *tea bag?* I've got to try that with a ppm meter :thumb:

Let me know about the gnatrol. I made some sorta lava rock 2l hempies today. I put a little chunk of mosquito dunk in the bottom. Fucking gnats...

What do you use for a *tea bag?* I've got to try that with a ppm meter :thumb:

Let me know about the gnatrol. I made some sorta lava rock 2l hempies today. I put a little chunk of mosquito dunk in the bottom. Fucking gnats...

No bag. Poured it through a strainer and funnel between containers. I figure the ppm has to be less that what happens when it is sitting in moist pots. I'll see how the plants look tonight.

Gnatrol works pretty good. The bacteria kills the larva. Since there were just a pile of flying gnats, there are probably new eggs so I'll have to do light drench at least once a week but might go with a light drench every watering.

Can't wait to see the two liter rockers in action.:Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom