To Hell in A Hempy Bucket - Vrt CMH - Wonder Woman/Red Dragon

Hi Two Tokes. :Rasta:

Thanks a new one on me. I grow with FFOF and have never had gnats. In door or outdoors. What else are you adding, if anything. I'm not disputing you, just wondering if your doing something different. Who knows? A different state maybe? Maybe it's the ganga gods messing with you. :smokin:

It could just be the lot that my bags came from. Three pots I have done have had flying gnats appear. All three had FFOF in them. The FFOF is the big common factor. They all did have coco but all my pots have had coco and none of the pots without FFOF had gnats.

Really no big deal. I used assorted essential oil sprays to do in the winged gnats and covered the soil surface with garlic powder. A few gnats will probably show up in a few days but I'll just nail them too. The problem should be solved.

Just one of those things you deal with when it comes up.

I use FFOF as well, I had 1 gnat rear its head, a dose of home defense to the room and some SM-90 stopped any kind of infestation if there was one. Havent had any problems since, hopefully I wont.

Edit: Hey TT, can you give a little rundown how you do your cloning? I like the way it looks, I've been using a combo of a homemade cloner and normal propagation domes and rapid rooters. I have rock wool cubes as well but I like the rapid rooters better, however the rock wool cubes stand up on their own better so I may start using those. All looks good though.....good luck with the rest of the grow dude...

I spray the whole space with Home Defense before the grow. Not familar with SM-90. I probably will cover the tops of the pots with pumice when I next pull them out for water.

I am going to be doing some cloning in a couple days so I'll take some pics to go with a wriiten explanation. Meanwhile, Horsebanditz had a nice cloning tutorial that he did a couple weeks ago.

It could just be the lot that my bags came from. Three pots I have done have had flying gnats appear. All three had FFOF in them. The FFOF is the big common factor. They all did have coco but all my pots have had coco and none of the pots without FFOF had gnats.

Really no big deal. I used assorted essential oil sprays to do in the winged gnats and covered the soil surface with garlic powder. A few gnats will probably show up in a few days but I'll just nail them too. The problem should be solved.

Just one of those things you deal with when it comes up.

Think you maybe right, I remembered Mountain High had the same thing with FFOF. Sounds like you have it under control. :surf:

no pest stripes work, ive also heard mosquito dunks works great also, never used those but my med club guy said they work great. NPS worked great for everything though

I've got 2 NPS in a 4' x 2' x 50" tent... slows the little buggers down a bit, but they're still there. These little fuckers are pernicious!

:peace:

I've got 2 NPS in a 4' x 2' x 50" tent... slows the little buggers down a bit, but they're still there. These little fuckers are pernicious!

u have some supper ones.lol. u have to catch it while its not bad or have one in their from the getgo, because once they start breeding its hard to kill them all in the soil. those dunk things are said to work great.

Think you maybe right, I remembered Mountain High had the same thing with FFOF. Sounds like you have it under control. :surf:

The last spray took care of everything flying. Picked it up at Home Depot. A natural product that contains rosemary, peppermint, clove and something else. Worked better than the standard neem oil spray. I'll have to write down the name next time I play in the garage.:surf:

no pest stripes work, ive also heard mosquito dunks works great also, never used those but my med club guy said they work great. NPS worked great for everything though

Picked up a fresh NPS this morning anad stuck it under the fan. Spraying had killed off everything but a couple days of the nuclear option should wipe out the next potential hatching.

u have some supper ones.lol. u have to catch it while its not bad or have one in their from the getgo, because once they start breeding its hard to kill them all in the soil. those dunk things are said to work great.

The FFOF is an unsterilized soil mix so I am considering using a drench of some kind before going to 12/12 on any pot that has FFOF in it.

It's looking like these suckers like NPSs :(

My regime of covering the surface with garlic powder and spraying at the start and end of 12/12, seems to work pretty well. One of the 420mag sponsors, Sierra natural Sciences, sends out samples of some fof their products that are supposed to work.

Ther spray I have been using is from a company called EcoSmart. It contains rosemary, thyme, peppermint, & clove oils. Picked it up a Home Despot. Seems to kill the flying ones on contact and stays on the soil surface for awhile to take out new hatchlings.

My regime of covering the surface with garlic powder and spraying at the start and end of 12/12, seems to work pretty well. One of the 420mag sponsors, Sierra natural Sciences, sends out samples of some fof their products that are supposed to work.

Ther spray I have been using is from a company called EcoSmart. It contains rosemary, thyme, peppermint, & clove oils. Picked it up a Home Despot. Seems to kill the flying ones on contact and stays on the soil surface for awhile to take out new hatchlings.

Hay TT, I've already hit Sierra up for samples... didn't get the fungus gnat one though :( A lot of their stuff has rosemary in it. We've got a big bush, guess it needs some thinning ;)

Thanks for the EcoSmart heads up. I've got to fumigate the whole house, arrrgh!

Hay TT, I've already hit Sierra up for samples... didn't get the fungus gnat one though :( A lot of their stuff has rosemary in it. We've got a big bush, guess it needs some thinning ;)

Thanks for the EcoSmart heads up. I've got to fumigate the whole house, arrrgh!

You need to trim that bush and then turn it into essential oil. The scent alone is minimally useful. The oils penetrate their little bodies and kill them.

All of the commercial sprays are only about 1% oil and the rest is mainly water. A small amount of mineral oil & soap is usually in the mix to keep from evaporating too quickly.

:yummy:Another small detour

Over Nute Grandma Purple

031911_002.JPG

This is the mildly over nuted GMP. The highly over nuted one is just an ugly crispy critter but I am about to trim it anyway.

The plant pictured above has outrageous resin content. Other than the main cola, they all just fell over from the late flower weight gain. Fragrant and sticky.:yummy: Much fun to trim. :Rasta: Unfortunately, a bad cold has kept me from smoking the scissor hash.

Not very happy with the current batch of under-nuted plants. Oh, they are doing swell but having to do too much supplementation. :morenutes::morenutes:

Set 1 is going to be fitted for hats and moved to the main grow space in a couple of days. I'll get some pics then.

Hey TT! Hope you're feeling better and hope you didn't get anything like I went through.

Crazy looking plant!

Thanks BD! Not thsat flu thing you had. Just a nasty cold. Almost mended. Should be able to smoke again by tomorrow.:cool: got four plants worth of sampling backed up.:grinjoint:

I just let the tops fall down and raised the height of the plant so that more light was hitting the fallen buds. Made for much less popcorn and bigger secondary buds.

Currently trimming another weird plant. The initial over-nuting was so severe that many of the bud leaves had burnt out tips and there was not much in the way of trichs on the leaves. However, the bud underneath is sticky and has more amber trichs than anything that i have harvested yet. Also very dense.

I might have to over-nute all my plants. :morenutes:

Hey TT, where do you keep pulling all these plants from? haha.

I'm interested to see how those over-nute plants taste and burn. I've picked up some awesome looking stuff from some collections that ended up being total garbage because it was pumped full of ish.

Kinda had the same problem with my Larrys, they didn't burn great and were a bit harsh...but I've had much worse!

I really like all the DiY stuff you do, you have been quite a busy man it seems! That cloner is really cool, I'll prob end up doing something similar when I go that route.

I also used that EcoSmart when I was having my bug issue..seemed like some pretty decent stuff for a good price. Good ol' HD.

Back
Top Bottom