To Hell in A Hempy Bucket - Vrt CMH - Wonder Woman/Red Dragon

Hey TT, where do you keep pulling all these plants from? haha.

I'm interested to see how those over-nute plants taste and burn. I've picked up some awesome looking stuff from some collections that ended up being total garbage because it was pumped full of ish.

Kinda had the same problem with my Larrys, they didn't burn great and were a bit harsh...but I've had much worse!

I really like all the DiY stuff you do, you have been quite a busy man it seems! That cloner is really cool, I'll prob end up doing something similar when I go that route.

I also used that EcoSmart when I was having my bug issue..seemed like some pretty decent stuff for a good price. Good ol' HD.

:peace:

I borrowed a top hat from this man at the Magic Castle in Hollywood.:smokin:

In reality, the over-nute plants are phase two of the previous grow. They were over-nuted at the very beginning of 12/12 from an overdose of organic fertilizers when transplanted in the hempy buckets. They lived the rest of their lives on a diet of straight rainwater and never got anymore nutes. The first two plants have been tested and the smoke was great.

So I walked away and gave the most over nuted Blue Dragon a test. :grinjoint:

This was just from a small bud that accidentally got whacked off the stem during trim and set on the corner of the workbench to dry out.

Not bad. Not the best tasting of the BD plants but still good. The stuff curing will probably be better. The good news is that it works every bit as good as the other 3 BD. Seems to be an even smoother high. :smokin:

My bad. I was comparing the BD to the memory of the RD test. This way over-nuted organic BD is way smoother than the other BD. There is absolutely none of the diesel starting off edge. Just a nice smooth sativa high combined with a hint of indica. Makes me want to spend some time doing things around the house. Mrs. Tokes = :cheer:

Set 3 is getting ready for action

032611_007.JPG

24" and 21" tall. They haven't put on tons of height but have started bushing out and have sent roots out across the pot. When I watered some of the surface dirt washed away. Just below the surface you could see the roots wrapped around the lava rock on the opposite side of the plant from the main stem. Cool. Never got that so quick or thick before. :smokin:

Set 3 LST

032611_009.JPG

Basically bent in half. These plants had no flexibility before the transplant but where very flexible and easy to bend now.

One day later...

032611_010.JPG

Only took them one day to turn the leaves up and for the tips to start growing up again. They should hit 12/12 tonight.

The Set 4 Contestants

032611_008.JPG

The SLH are looking as weak as the seedling that they came from. The rest have potential but winners need to emerge from the pack in the next few days or there won't be time for a set 4.

Some New Toys

032611_012.JPG

For regulating garage exhaust and grower intake. :grinjoint:

Hey TT how much are those programmable outlets & do you think one of those would work with an oil-radiator style space heater? There's such a lag in turning it on and it getting up to speed I wonder if it would be worthwhile.

Hey TT how much are those programmable outlets & do you think one of those would work with an oil-radiator style space heater? There's such a lag in turning it on and it getting up to speed I wonder if it would be worthwhile.

BD, I picked them up from Amzaon for about $35. They work for both heating and cooling. The only requirement is that the heater/cooler has to be able to start up after a power shut off. If you unplugit from the wall and it starts when you plug it back in, you are good. As opposed to a device that you have to reset the on switch if you unplug it.

So, it should work for an oil filled heater. There might be some lag time but your temp regulation over a period of time 12/24 hrs. will be more consistent.

I plan on setting one to start my rafter mounted exhaust fan at 75 degrees and one to set a floor mounted intake fan at 75 degrees. The air intake will steal air from the laundry room that is in the air conditioned house.

BD, I picked them up from Amzaon for about $35. They work for both heating and cooling. The only requirement is that the heater/cooler has to be able to start up after a power shut off. If you unplugit from the wall and it starts when you plug it back in, you are good. As opposed to a device that you have to reset the on switch if you unplug it.

So, it should work for an oil filled heater. There might be some lag time but your temp regulation over a period of time 12/24 hrs. will be more consistent.

I plan on setting one to start my rafter mounted exhaust fan at 75 degrees and one to set a floor mounted intake fan at 75 degrees. The air intake will steal air from the laundry room that is in the air conditioned house.

Ok thanks. It should work for a room air conditioner too right? I probably won't need the heater much longer this year but that would be really handy next winter, and this summer for the a/c.

This Set 1 update might come in multiple parts due to scheduling conflicts.

Set 1 Wonder Woman 12/12 Day 33 = Flower Day 22

032811_001.JPG

032811_005.JPG

Most of the center fan leaves are now gone. I leave most of the fan leaves at the bottom, sides and back. Probably should have done a before and after shot but didn't think of it until now.

tracking both 12/12 and flowering time because I always get two different answers when I ask about flowering time. Some say that it is 12/12 time and some say it is time from first bud appearance. Decided it was time to find out for myself.

Wonder Woman is a great growing plant and putting out tons of sparkle to the bud leaves. :grinjoint:

Set 1 Red Dragon same timing as WW

032811_006.JPG

032811_011.JPG

This is a post trim shot. Nothing to block light from front, back, or top. Both plants have their hats in place(not pictured) and just need the extra electrical run into the space.

I am excited about how these buds are stacking up because of this......

Red Dragon seedling about 10 weeks 12/12

032811_013.JPG

032811_017.JPG

Crappy bud picture but that's just the way it is with my camera. If I take 5 pics I might get one that is semi usable.

This is the original seedling that donated clones. These buds are big and fat and resin covered. Milky trichs with some initial hint of amber. Still look to be packing on weight.

The initial test bud was so good that i can hardly wait to harvest and cure.

Set 1 was definitely under nuted. The dosage of required synthetic supplementation was getting to be up to full dosage and really a pain to Ph up. So I have topped dressed the pots with a rounded TBS of my organic fert mix. Next time I am going to do this at the first sign of low nutes. However I am also increasing the nute dosage in future pots.:morenutes:

My over nuted plants yielded such nice buds that i am not fearful of organic over nuting. I kind of know what is too much so now am drifting from too little to just enough.

made it all in one go. Now back to work.:smokin:

This Set 1 update might come in multiple parts due to scheduling conflicts.

Set 1 Wonder Woman 12/12 Day 33 = Flower Day 22

032811_001.JPG

032811_005.JPG

Most of the center fan leaves are now gone. I leave most of the fan leaves at the bottom, sides and back. Probably should have done a before and after shot but didn't think of it until now.

tracking both 12/12 and flowering time because I always get two different answers when I ask about flowering time. Some say that it is 12/12 time and some say it is time from first bud appearance. Decided it was time to find out for myself.

Wonder Woman is a great growing plant and putting out tons of sparkle to the bud leaves. :grinjoint:

Set 1 Red Dragon same timing as WW

032811_006.JPG

032811_011.JPG

This is a post trim shot. Nothing to block light from front, back, or top. Both plants have their hats in place(not pictured) and just need the extra electrical run into the space.

I am excited about how these buds are stacking up because of this......

Red Dragon seedling about 10 weeks 12/12

032811_013.JPG

032811_017.JPG

Crappy bud picture but that's just the way it is with my camera. If I take 5 pics I might get one that is semi usable.

This is the original seedling that donated clones. These buds are big and fat and resin covered. Milky trichs with some initial hint of amber. Still look to be packing on weight.

The initial test bud was so good that i can hardly wait to harvest and cure.

Set 1 was definitely under nuted. The dosage of required synthetic supplementation was getting to be up to full dosage and really a pain to Ph up. So I have topped dressed the pots with a rounded TBS of my organic fert mix. Next time I am going to do this at the first sign of low nutes. However I am also increasing the nute dosage in future pots.:morenutes:

My over nuted plants yielded such nice buds that i am not fearful of organic over nuting. I kind of know what is too much so now am drifting from too little to just enough.

made it all in one go. Now back to work.:smokin:

Beautiful looking buds TT. I keep track of both too, counting from actual flowering was a lot more accurate for me. You're a scientist at heart!

Beautiful looking buds TT. I keep track of both too, counting from actual flowering was a lot more accurate for me. You're a scientist at heart!

Thanks BD. :Namaste:

Based on the idea of flowering being more accurate than 12/12, it looks like set 4 will be a no go. Harvest would run into a time when I need to be shutdown.

The Jack Herer and Vanilla Kushes in 1/2 gallon hempies are no longer going to be treated like second class citizens and will be grown out with a new level of loving attention. The contestants are now competing in a new game.
"Who Wants to Be A Bonzai Mom?":party:

Hay TT,

CMH/hempy power :high-five:

032811_005.JPG

Pretty work :thumb:

:high-five:CMH/Hempy Rocks :party:

I am really loving these coco/red lava hempies enough to declare them the winner. :yahoo: They are doing better than the coco/perlite were doing at the same point in time. I am now going to adjust their nute regime to reflect lessons I learned from Set 1.

Comparisions are great but I am more interested in better smoke. :grinjoint:

:high-five:CMH/Hempy Rocks :party:

I am really loving these coco/red lava hempies enough to declare them the winner. :yahoo: They are doing better than the coco/perlite were doing at the same point in time. I am now going to adjust their nute regime to reflect lessons I learned from Set 1.

Comparisions are great but I am more interested in better smoke. :grinjoint:

High TT,

Are the lava rocks mixed with the coco, or what? The lava rocks I've gotten range from 1/2" - 2" in a bag. I stuck 'em in a sack and drove the truck over them repeatedly, but it only broke up a few. Sledge hammering is like I fought the law and the law won :grinjoint:

High TT,

Are the lava rocks mixed with the coco, or what? The lava rocks I've gotten range from 1/2" - 2" in a bag. I stuck 'em in a sack and drove the truck over them repeatedly, but it only broke up a few. Sledge hammering is like I fought the law and the law won :grinjoint:

:rofl::rofl:Drove the truck over them:rofl::rofl:

I figured out that the Vigoro that i bought from HD was industrially screened to be 1/2 to 1" so I just use whats in the bag. However other brands or lots can be screened differently.

The first thing to do would be to get a piece of 1"x1" welded wire fencing. Pour some rocks on top, shake it a bit and see what comes through. That should all be a usable size. Even the little pebbly pieces and powder are OK.

Another method of sorting is to put on a pair of gloves. Pour some rock on a flat surface. Run your hands over the top to roll the bigger pieces off to the side.

I had some bigger pieces that I wanted to break up. One time I used a 1lb hand sledge/mallet and another time I just used a regular hammer. One good sharp whack was all it took to break a piece. Problem is that small piece sometimes want to fly away.

Last time I just mixed some of the bigger pieces with some of the smaller pieces and used them in the res section. Working great.:grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom