1st Grow: Hydroponics & Mystery Seeds

BigBearGrow

420 Member
Hey all, welcome to my first grow. I've been reading a TON of the completed journals on here over the past few weeks and learned so much useful information that I figured I may as well do my part to get active in the community.

I planted two mystery seeds I had saved from long ago on October 21st in soil, outside. I let them grow outside for a little over a week, then I transplanted them into an Aerogarden that I acquired from a friend.

Here's a pic from the Aerogarden taken on November 6:
IMG_0815.JPG

I lucked out and got a deal on a full grow setup the next week. The ladies (at least I hope they're ladies) now live in a 4x4' tent. I built an ebb and flow table and transplanted them into hydrocorn on November 16.
Take a look at the new setup:
IMG_0845.JPG
The table is 2x4' and floods for 20 minutes every three hours. It fills up to just over 3 inches. Right now I have the plants on substravega nutes (I know they should be on aquavega) but I'll switch them when the bottle runs out.
The light is a 600w Viparspectra LED (I also have two 300w Mars Hydro LEDs that I haven't turned on yet). The light is on an 18/6 schedule.

Today I started some LST on both plants to expose them to more light:
IMG_0841_LI.jpg
IMG_0842.JPG

I'm considering topping the plants for the first time tomorrow but I'll probably wait till after Thanksgiving break so they can fully recover from the transplant shock. Don't mind all the jugs, they're only there to help raise the water level in the tray since my homemade reservoir was a tad bit too small.
IMG_0840.JPG
That's all for now! My future posts wont be this long... I'm going home for Thanksgiving but I'll be back in a week with more pictures, stay tuned. Lastly, I'm brand new to this so don't be afraid to criticize anything about my setup and methods. I'll appreciate any advice you have to share.

I'm just stoked to be on here now:D
Happy Thanksgiving, BBG

Thanks @AngryBird , your words make my day! :circle-of-love: And @BigBearGrow, if you are satisified with our Mars 300, you can try our upgraded ones in future, will help your plants grow better. :love::love::love:

Thanks @SmokeSara , I'm glad to have you on board!

I'm back from break now and it seems that the plants had just as good a week as I did. I think they both about doubled in size and stem thickness, showing the most growth in a 6 day period that I've seen so far.
IMG_0849.JPG

The training I started last week worked well on the left plant, but the tie came loose on the right plant. I redid both ties and went ahead and topped both plants.
IMG_0850.JPG

Honestly I'm not sure if I did this right but I really hope so.

On another note, the guy on the right seemed a bit ill. Most notably some of her leaves are curling upwards and a couple random leaves look burnt. I'm not sure what to make of this since the other plant is perfectly healthy. Maybe overwatering?
IMG_E0854.JPG

Once the plants recover from the top I'll let them grow out for a week or so, and then flip them to flower. Great progress was made this week, here's to the next!

Cheers, BBG

Attachments

• IMG_E0855.JPG
    IMG_E0855.JPG
    460.1 KB · Views: 121
My roommate made a wooden stand that lets the tray sit much lower in the tent and frees up a lot of floor space as well. Thanks mate

IMG_0874.JPG

The plants have plenty of room to grow now! They look happy and are recovering from the topping on Sunday. I also fired up one of the Mars hydro lights today. Hopefully the lights aren't too far away though...

IMG_0875.JPG

Good morning everyone
The girls just keep getting bigger and bigger:D
But at the rate they're growing I'm getting concerned about the vertical space limitations of my room.

Here they are this morning
IMG_0876.JPG
IMG_0881.JPG

Now I just topped them last Sunday so they haven't gotten too much taller since then, but there's not room for them to get THAT MUCH taller anyway.

That said, I'm strongly considering flipping them to 12/12 after tomorrow.
Here are the tops on day 6 of recovery:
IMG_0878.JPG
IMG_0877.JPG
IMG_0882.JPG

What do you guys think? I could give them a few more days or I could flip them tomorrow night.

Have a great weekend, BBG

GENDER REVEAL
Today I finally checked to see if either plant had revealed its gender, and luckily enough at least one of them is!

IMG_0883.JPG

I can't tell what the other one will be. I don't see any obvious sacs forming so I'm hoping it just hasn't revealed its gender yet. Here s(he) is

IMG_0885.JPG

Also, the plants are on a 12/12 light schedule as of today.

Back
Top Bottom