Old Seed Sativa Grow Journal

Chucklesmoke

Hey team! So I'm currently going into flower week 8 with my little grow. I haven't grown for over 20 years and these seeds were from a long time ago. I went ahead and gambled and got lucky with 2 females. The plant on the right is LemonWreck Sativa, and the plant on the left is a mystery! I've taken lots of photos along the way and I'll do my best to caption them.
Here's my basic setup.
Mars Hydro TS1000 tent kit (2x2x48 tent, 1 scrubber, 2 fans)
Started in pots and eventually transferred to a tub using Fox Farms Ocean forest soil.
Watering 2 times a week with Fox Farms 6 pack regimen (tiger blood, big bloom, grow big, Cha ching, beastie budz, open sesame) and occasionally spot watering when things are a little dry. I only use pH balanced water which has kept me from using any sort of pH up or down. I also add super thrive, calmag, pineapple flora nectar and Humboldt hardner to my concoction.
My scrubber is on a 30 min on/off cycle which helps me keep humidity in the 50% range.
Watching these babies transform day by day is the light of my life! So much fun to be had. I already ordered a fresh batch of seeds for the next run! Cheers!

Humble beginnings

IMG_20210712_195958__01.jpg

IMG_20210628_210121__01.jpg

During the veg stages, I topped these girls weekly, to keep them as short and stocky as possible. Well, unfortunately they both wanted to stretch, so now I have some tall bushy monsters. Which I'm OK with.
You did well to keep them as short as possible, a challenge with sativa indoors.
Flowers look a lot like the large sativa auto we have growing outdoors, 7 weeks into flower,
started in April.

When do you plan to harvest?

You did well to keep them as short as possible, a challenge with sativa indoors.
Flowers look a lot like the large sativa auto we have growing outdoors, 7 weeks into flower,
started in April.

When do you plan to harvest?
Thank you!! 3 more weeks of nutes and then I'll flush and harvest if all goes well. I'm flying this one by the seat of my pants re learning everything!

I spoke with my brother aka advisor aka old school OG. We talked about scrubbing the air when the lights are on and exhausting while it's lights out. Ding ding, made sense, but after I tried it in my little tent I checked the girls an hour later and we were pushing 90% humidity. Umm no. Back to constant exhaust running about 50% speed which had kept me at 40-50% humidity, even in high heat as this is a tent in a shed. I'm not playing with CO2 yet, but now I'm curious. What are you guys doing for scrub/exhaust/fresh air? Opinions are like assholes and I love hanging out with assholes! :p:D:bong:

IMG_20210817_172718__01__01.jpg

One thing to check out for extraction is linked in my signature.
I love that setup man, would give me much more room for activities! I only run one run blower for exhaust. Are most guys running a filtered intake for fresh air? Or is that even necessary? So far I haven't needed it, just a fan down low and a fan up high. Thanks for sharing!:passitleft:

Here’s another link you may like . I’m a member.

I love that setup man, would give me much more room for activities! I only run one run blower for exhaust. Are most guys running a filtered intake for fresh air? Or is that even necessary? So far I haven't needed it, just a fan down low and a fan up high. Thanks for sharing!:passitleft:
I don't but some do. Maybe it depends on how buggy the grow is? I usually don't have to concern myself with an intake filter.

My intake is all passive, no bugs so far. Having said that my bug control outside is extensive and I'm anal about going in the grow area. We only go in after a shower, mostly because we are outside so much. I did upgrade my original 4in filter/fan to a 6in. That helped a ton with the smell. I was shocked how much smell they produced when not in flower!

Back
Top Bottom