Colombian Gold

Mike Wright

420 Support
420 Staff
I'll be harvesting the last plant from my flower tent in a few hours, moving the next batch in there, so time to get growing with a new journal.

This time I have three regular Colombian Gold, plus one Wild Thai (that was a freebie) and a Laughing Buddha clone from a branch I broke on the previous grow. This is what it looks like after 24 days in the Aerogarden. It's killer for cloning.
DSC_0230.JPG

I started using homemade SIP planters (see my other journal) and I'm liking those, so I built a mini-SIP for fun for the LB. Here's how I built the planter, and then with the LB planted.
Sippy.JPG

DSC_0233.JPG

Finally, here are Colombian Gold and Wild Thai after a week in Jiffy pellets, transplanted into the Aerogarden.
DSC_0237.JPG

DSC_0238.JPG

I'm able to get the plants much larger in the same amount of time by vegging in the AG, versus soil. And the SIP planters help even more. The harvest I'm just finishing tonight was my best in a couple of years, and the plants going into flower now are even bigger (in the SIPs). Can't wait to see how these turn out!

The Aerogarden is getting crowded again so....transplanted two of the Colombian ladies (left) and also uppotted the Laughing Buddha clone (right). I watered the LB in a hurry because we were going away and the ph was really bad. All the fan leaves were trashed but the branches survived. I guess those big fans are natural buffers. Another 6 weeks to veg so she should do ok.

DSC_0228.JPG

DSC_0232.JPG

Transplanted the Wild Thailand (left) because she has outgrown the Aerogarden. One CG left in there. Bit of a problem as I have 6 weeks left before harvest and these are going to outgrow the
DSC_0227.JPG
space in my pantry long before then....

Transplanted the last CG out the the AG. Nowhere to put it so I'll keep it under the AG light. The four plants in the pantry are completely fill the light footprint of my Optic 2, but I have some 120 degree lenses that will give me more coverage and better height too.

DSC_0227.JPG

DSC_0230.JPG

I put the 120 degree lenses on the Optic 2 cobs, almost doubles the usable veg footprint of the light. Still a month to veg, it's going to get cozy in here....

DSC_0227.JPG

Looking great brother! :high-five:not to much longer to get that canopy going.. :passitleft:
Thanks Sparkey! The tradeoff with early vegging in the Aerogarden is that I end up with a real variety of sizes after transplanting, so I don't get the nice even canopy effect. The three Colombian Gold in the middle have some catching up to do. Assuming I get at least one male, I'll be crossing CG with the Laughing Buddha and the Thailand. CG x Thai should be a real 'eye-opener.'

I put the 120 degree lenses on the Optic 2 cobs, almost doubles the usable veg footprint of the light. Still a month to veg, it's going to get cozy in here....

DSC_0227.JPG
Great garden my friend, nice work. :welldone:
Happy ladies. :yahoo:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Thanks a lot Bill. Your greenhouse is looking phenomenally filled!
Thank you. :thanks:
It's a struggle lately.
So cold and high rh.
It's a rain forest today. :rofl:
Take care Buddy. :high-five:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Moved the LB and one CG into the flower tent. These guys have to veg 3 more weeks at least. It's pretty cool in the pantry now, so I hope they grow slowly...the Wild Thai (on the right) looks like she might get big.

DSC_0228.JPG

I've dropped the lights in the veg room (pantry) to just over 12 hours in hopes that the males will show themselves, but nada. So it looks like I ended up with 3 for 3 fems of Colombian Gold. The Wild Thai is showing her sativa lineage and getting really big too. Counting the other two that are already in the flower tent, it'll be five big plants in my 2x4 next month. It's going to be tight.

Overdue update. The Laughing Buddha (back left) and Columbian Gold (front left) are 5 weeks. The other two CG and Wild Thai (back right) are 2 weeks. Unfortunately I didn't get a male CG, so no seeds this run. 😞

DSC_0230.JPG

Overdue update. The Laughing Buddha (back left) and Columbian Gold (front left) are 5 weeks. The other two CG and Wild Thai (back right) are 2 weeks. Unfortunately I didn't get a male CG, so no seeds this run. 😞

DSC_0230.JPG
Very nice looking 👀 piece of work Mike.👍. CL🍀. :thumb: :welldone:

LB and CG on the left are at 8 weeks, the rest are at 4 weeks. Too bad about no males, the little Colombian Gold second from the right has a really neat phenotype - instead of coming to a point, the buds spread out double-wide. I would have liked to preserve that trait. Maybe I'll try revegging her after harvest....

DSC_0228.JPG

I'm officially retired Jan 2 so I've been crazy busy tidying up loose ends and training my successor.

LB & GSC on the left just over 10 weeks and looking good. I'll probably harvest them next weekend. Tonight I gave them a final watering with some AN perfect finish. Can't hurt. The rest of the ladies are at 6 weeks and got a hefty feeding of AN Bloom/Grow/Micro at 1600 ppm.

Harvested the Laughing Buddha a few days ago at 11 weeks, it's nearly dry now, a little over 30 grams. Just harvested the smallest Colombian Gold tonight at 80 days. Two CG and one Wild Thai left in the tent have about 3 weeks to go.

These are the bigger buds of the Laughing Buddha, just dried. They turned out pretty nice. There is quite a bit of half to gram sized nugs too. It ended up being 36 g total.

Dried buds from first Colombian Gold I harvested. They are nice and chunky, 1.5 oz total, despite being grown in a one gallon pot only. Below that the Wild Thai. The 8 top colas were an ounce exactly (112 g wet) and about 7g of nice little nugs, only a bit of fluff. All the plants from this grow have now been harvested.

Back
Top Bottom