Colombian Gold In Hydro By Gwhunran

Beautiful harvesting! Happy squishing!
Thanks Stone, :) It's been a great harvest.:) I'm glad to have gotten everything wrapped up when I did. We lost power for awhile yesterday.:oops:
I haven't been able to squish for some time as pushing that handle is a bit hard on my abdominal muscles,:rolleyes: but I think it will be okay now.:hmmmm::) I'm herniated as hell where the bag goes.:oops: I hope they can fix it when they put me back together.:) February will be the six month mark of surgery. They told me I had to wait six months.

Colombian Gold harvest page 20.

Gotta have a picture. :oops: New page.:)

CG harvest Day 86 flower (4).JPG

A remembrance of harvest day on December 9 & 10:cheesygrinsmiley::bong:

I forgot all about that! I put a drift pin about ten inches long in the end of the pump handle to give me a little more advantage when I do it. I have small spine stuff I have to be careful of. You should be very careful! Listen to your Dr. I think.
We flickered a few times and lost cable here and there yesterday. What a blow! I think we got 3 inches of rain. A good storm! No problems.

Colombian Gold harvest page 20. :)

The Dabpress was set up and the first squezzing was accomplished. :) No issues with operating the press. :)
I've got two half gallon and one quart jar of rosin making flower to press. :cheesygrinsmiley: Small flower but trichome coated flower. :love: It's already got a good smell.😎
The piles of 7 grams each were put in a mold and formed into a more usable shape.
They were then placed in 160micron filter bags.
A piece of parchment paper was folded to fit the press and placed between the heated pressure plates. Running at 180F/82C. Two of the filtered pucks were then placed between the parchment paper and the plates were then pressed together very slowly after a small amount of preheating of the pucks.
The pressure was released and the parchment paper containing the rosin was placed in the refrigerator. The spent pucks were put in a jar for later use in making tincture.:) I've got a lot of used pucks waiting on me already:rolleyes:.
After a little while of cooling, the rosin was collected by rolling a tool around on it and then the rosin was placed on a silicone mat and back in the refrigerator.:)

I am happy with the results of this 1st run.:) At least four more runs of this amount, probably more.:)

Two, 7gr pucks per press.
Two runs, so 28grams of flower used
Yield 2.28gr of very good looking rosin.:) The smell coming off the pressing is fantastic. :love::bong:

CG Rosin 1st run (1).JPG

1st rosin making run with the Colombian Gold. One 7gr puck already molded sitting on a filter bag. Another 7gr waiting to be put in the mold in the background. Walnut mallet in the background to knock the sticky puck out of the mold.:)

CG Rosin 1st run (2).JPG
Colombian Gold rosin pressed. The heated plates are released and it's time to remove the parchment paper.

CG Rosin 1st run (3).JPG
Colombian Gold rosin after press on parchment paper. The spent pucks went in a jar for future use, and the paper was placed in the frig. for cooling down. (less sticky).

CG Rosin 1st run (4).JPG

Completed Colombian Gold rosin. 2.26 grams from 28gr small buds. :cheesygrinsmiley: Rosin was removed from paper and placed on silicone mat. Then will be transferred to the refrigerator for a week or two. Then into the freezer wrapped in parchment paper, inside a tupperware container for long term storage. :)

Nice squishing! :hookah:
Thank you very much. :) I've squished another ounce since the last post. :) I'm good for doing four pucks or an ounce worth, then I'm ready for a break.:rolleyes: I should get ten or twelve disc of rosin from what I've set aside. :love:

You seem to be having a smashing good time GW! :Rasta:

The Dabpress was set up and the first squezzing was accomplished. :) No issues with operating the press. :)
I've got two half gallon and one quart jar of rosin making flower to press. :cheesygrinsmiley: Small flower but trichome coated flower. :love: It's already got a good smell.😎
The piles of 7 grams each were put in a mold and formed into a more usable shape.
They were then placed in 160micron filter bags.
A piece of parchment paper was folded to fit the press and placed between the heated pressure plates. Running at 180F/82C. Two of the filtered pucks were then placed between the parchment paper and the plates were then pressed together very slowly after a small amount of preheating of the pucks.
The pressure was released and the parchment paper containing the rosin was placed in the refrigerator. The spent pucks were put in a jar for later use in making tincture.:) I've got a lot of used pucks waiting on me already:rolleyes:.
After a little while of cooling, the rosin was collected by rolling a tool around on it and then the rosin was placed on a silicone mat and back in the refrigerator.:)

I am happy with the results of this 1st run.:) At least four more runs of this amount, probably more.:)

Two, 7gr pucks per press.
Two runs, so 28grams of flower used
Yield 2.28gr of very good looking rosin.:) The smell coming off the pressing is fantastic. :love::bong:

CG Rosin 1st run (1).JPG

1st rosin making run with the Colombian Gold. One 7gr puck already molded sitting on a filter bag. Another 7gr waiting to be put in the mold in the background. Walnut mallet in the background to knock the sticky puck out of the mold.:)

CG Rosin 1st run (2).JPG
Colombian Gold rosin pressed. The heated plates are released and it's time to remove the parchment paper.

CG Rosin 1st run (3).JPG
Colombian Gold rosin after press on parchment paper. The spent pucks went in a jar for future use, and the paper was placed in the frig. for cooling down. (less sticky).

CG Rosin 1st run (4).JPG

Completed Colombian Gold rosin. 2.26 grams from 28gr small buds. :cheesygrinsmiley: Rosin was removed from paper and placed on silicone mat. Then will be transferred to the refrigerator for a week or two. Then into the freezer wrapped in parchment paper, inside a tupperware container for long term storage. :)
Kinda wish that picture was scratch-n-sniff!!! Looks great!! Well done Growmie!! Gonna be a happy new year there!! Happy Friday!! 😎✌️

Almost the complete lot. :) I got some set aside for smoking, not pictured.😎

4 mostly full 1/4 lb Grove bags of big buds and 13 disk of rosin. :cheesygrinsmiley: Each disk represents 14gr flower,:hmmmm: so 182gr of flower squished. :oops::love::cheesygrinsmiley: I hadn't weighed it prior, just knew it was 2-1/2 gallon, and one quart jar full of small frosted buds. :hmmmm::):bong:

Thanks again for the gift of the cuttings.:love: @LKABudMan

CG bb and rosin fin (1).JPG

Colombian Gold. Four mostly full 1/4lb Grove bags of large buds and 13 CG rosin disk.:)

CG bb and rosin fin (2).JPG

Colombian Gold. Four mostly full 1/4lb Grove bags of large buds and 13 CG rosin disk.

CG bb and rosin fin (3).JPG

Colombian Gold. Large buds and 13 CG rosin disk.:)

Kinda wish that picture was scratch-n-sniff!!! Looks great!! Well done Growmie!! Gonna be a happy new year there!! Happy Friday!! 😎✌️
Thank you very much. :) I know what you mean about the smells.:love: There is just so much quality flower pictured on the site. :oops:

All finished now. :) I'll start another group in the spring.

After about 6-8 weeks,:hmmmm: I plan to come back with my thoughts on the smoke. :):bong:

That rosin looks fantastic. Want to come squish some for me?:laughtwo:

Do you make your own cartridges S.O.? CL🍀
I have. I'm not interested in adding liquidizer or terpenes. I just heated rosen for 24 t0 36 hours and it loosens up enough to fill and vape. It, however has a bite to it I don't like and gets a negative oil taste 3/4 through a .5gr cart. That's why I'm excited to see DabGo in the world to try!

I have. I'm not interested in adding liquidizer or terpenes. I just heated rosen for 24 t0 36 hours and it loosens up enough to fill and vape. It, however has a bite to it I don't like and gets a negative oil taste 3/4 through a .5gr cart. That's why I'm excited to see DabGo in the world to try!
Thanks Stone. :) I have added my name to the "please send me some" Artrix review offer. :love: I do add liquidizer to mine.:rolleyes: I don't see how it can be put in a cart without it. Even with too little liquidizer, it hardens back up to some extent, when it cools off, and just stirring it, heats it enough to make it less viscous.:hmmmm: It would be nice to only use my pure squeezed rosin.:)

I don't understand how it "doesn't have to be cleaned", when talking about the other units ceramic bowl, but I'm willing to learn more.:)

Thanks Stone. :) I have added my name to the "please send me some" Artrix review offer. :love: I do add liquidizer to mine.:rolleyes: I don't see how it can be put in a cart without it. Even with too little liquidizer, it hardens back up to some extent, when it cools off, and just stirring it, heats it enough to make it less viscous.:hmmmm: It would be nice to only use my pure squeezed rosin.:)
I just go through so much I don't think it's a good idea for me. I think it is a good idea for those who use it and enjoy it that way.
I don't understand how it "doesn't have to be cleaned", when talking about the other units ceramic bowl, but I'm willing to learn more.:)
We'll see. One and done isn't my preference but nothing's perfect! Price looks reasonable for a pair of tossable .5gr oil burners (Dabgo's)if they work well! We toss carts at ,5gr so i'm good with it!

Congratulations ! Very nice run ! Be ready for that co2 magic you have coming up !! It really sets things on fire !

Congratulations ! Very nice run ! Be ready for that co2 magic you have coming up !! It really sets things on fire !
Thank you very much. :) I've got the rooms set up for CO2 now.:) I mounted some painted wood panels on my walls and moved a lot of stuff off the floor and mounted it to the walls. Making things neater, and cleaning up the floor. I'm ready to go now, but will wait till March to sprout seeds. I only have cold tap water at my grow site, so January and February don't work so well.:rolleyes:

Thank you very much. :) I've got the rooms set up for CO2 now.:) I mounted some painted wood panels on my walls and moved a lot of stuff off the floor and mounted it to the walls. Making things neater, and cleaning up the floor. I'm ready to go now, but will wait till March to sprout seeds. I only have cold tap water at my grow site, so January and February don't work so well.:rolleyes:
you are very welcome. All I run is cold tap water lol . sounds like you need an aquarium heater for January and feb :) . But hey there is nothing wrong with an intermission.

Back
Top Bottom