Corporate Espionage: A Copycat Flux In A SIP - Grown From Schwag?

RedskinnedRhino

Preface - These are not my ideas, my style, or my innovation. I'm just painting by numbers on this one, LA and the SIP Brigade have led the way.
I plan to Flux my plant as I follow along with the @Light Addict grow, I'm around 2 weeks behind his journal so I should be able to mimic him without futzing anything up. If you haven't seen his grows, I suggest you check them out, he's a weed artist. The SIP crew inspired me to build my planters, you'd have to be a fool not to use them, after seeing the jungles a SIP will grow.

This is My Circus, however, and these Are My Monkeys! :party:
So let's get to it!

This is a simple soil grow- in bagged potting soil. "Back to Roots" soil from Walmart I believe. It'll be fed Prescription Blend, Great White, and mild bloom booster - living its life in a SIP. Starting with the small Dollar store SIP (SIP Puff Jr) and ending in my rectangular SIP (The SIP³) so that it'll fit in my nursery room. The lighting will be provided by a $40 GVG LED I got online, I know it sounds cheap but it's a proven light thats grown me good weed, despite its low price tag. (All Samsung leds)

This is a bag seed my knucklhead friend gave me, from some dirt weed he got from his uncle. Brown, no smell, and seedy - just really bad herb.
Can this Schwag seed be grown into chronic???????
Let's find out!

TLDR: Growing fluxed schwag in a SIP. Check me out!

2 days above ground.

20230315_064327.jpg

Is it "Schwag" because it was grown like shit, or because it has shitty genetics???
I keep hearing that you have to have the best genetics to grow the best weed. Is this the real deal or just a ploy to sell $20-$200 seeds to the masses???
Well I'm gonna grow the hell out of some schwag, give it TLC and premium nutrients, and see if it's still schwag when I'm done!
If it's still weak ass herb, I'll accept that those expensive seeds are worth the price tag.

I'm hungover as shit boys and girls.
I drank a ton of beers with the neighbor and ate everything I could catch with a fork before passing out.
Been calling my boys Ralph and Earl all morning... had to sit in a hot bath for 3 hours to rehydrate since my belly couldn't hold water for more than 5 minutes.
Now I'm better and drinking a Monster energy drink to recoup.

The future fluxes is growing, but I think she wants more light than she's getting on the vegetable table. I bought a new tote to build a 5 gallon SIP that will fit into my 1ft x 3ft nursery room, I'll post some pictures when I'm motivated and begin to build it. The nursery needs a new light though, and I'm on the fence about where to get it. I like the best shit for the lowest cost possible, I'm not into paying retail. (Small business owner mentality - it's all about logistics and the bottom line!)
That's all I got for now, I'm watching Trailer Park Boys and smoking some sativa that i believe is called TallBoy (i call her Trio), got me feeling lazy.
Stay Breezy friends!

20230318_134146.jpg

20230310_105957.jpg

Ignore the dirty fingernails, I got hammered after pulling a jetski engine, and I'm still a walking filth wagon. I'll be clean again shortly, right after I eat this chicken pot pie...

Hey, I just found my way over here. Bag seed under a $40 light, huh? Sounds like fun! I'd skip the bloom boosters with @Prescription Blend, though, it does a damned fine job on it's own.

Hey, I just found my way over here. Bag seed under a $40 light, huh? Sounds like fun! I'd skip the bloom boosters with @Prescription Blend, though, it does a damned fine job on it's own.
Not just a bag seed! A seed from scraggly brown dirt-weed! You wouldn't even have smoked this stuff homeboy, I know I sure as hell didn't! :rofl: been so long since I saw a bag of schwag, that I was actually tempted to give it a taste, but the smell told me everything I needed to know.

I really like PB, it's all purpose, but my plant Trio is so hungry that even with a full dose - she's eating all of her fan leaves too early in flower and had mild cal/mag defs. I just prep myself in case this girl has the same big appetite and I need to supplement her feed bag.

I have to keep swatting the watermelon down so it doesn't strangle my canna with its tentacles. Watermelon are natural born killers, they'll grab aholt and swallow up any plant smaller than them, use em as a damn step ladder to get more sun.
Growing at this rate, LA will be done with his Flux before I even get to give mine the first chop...
I did find big ass roots in the reservoir already though.

20230323_091144.jpg

Third node??? Chop!
Now we're cooking with fire! Chopped her head off and now we're ready to start the Flux!
(I may have fimmed it... stupid energy drink had me shaky)

20230325_074337.jpg

20230325_074444.jpg

It just a training method Light Addict uses on his plants to make em short and straight, it's super interesting when you see his grow journals. I dunno if it's gonna get me more bud than a standard grow with a nice canopy, but it looks cool as shit and is a huge "look what I can do" kind of flex.

I have been sick the last couple days, caught a stomach bug from my helper, so this little baby got ignored. When I attempted to pull the arms, I split them. I knew I should have Supercropped, but I'm tired and sick and feeling lazy tonight. I'll let em heal and then continue with the Flux, they just won't stick straight out like LA's.

20230402_203419.jpg

20230402_203425.jpg

The little plant is getting lost on the vegetable table. The squash, watermelon, and pumpkin are ruthless in their attempts to climb over her. They reach out with little tendrils looking for something to grab onto, I have to cut a new one every day before it chokes her to death. It's not safe in the hood anymore, a rough crowd has moved in.

The little plant is getting lost on the vegetable table. The squash, watermelon, and pumpkin are ruthless in their attempts to climb over her. They reach out with little tendrils looking for something to grab onto, I have to cut a new one every day before it chokes her to death. It's not safe in the hood anymore, a rough crowd has moved in.
Did you lose the battle or the war, Camo Commander?

Purely humour, friend.

Did you lose the battle or the war, Camo Commander?

I'm glad you reminded me! I finally paid some attention to that little plant, put her in a SIP and everything. I'll update tonight with some pictures!

I'm a day late, but check the progress. It's a slow growing little plant, but seems to be happy, so I won't stress her out with nutrient chasing. I let the original branches get too woody to bend straight out, so I super-cropped one side and weight-trained the other side. (Just for comparison's sake) .
Now that I've righted the ship, I think we're back in Flux territory. I trained the first offshoots out, and we're waiting for more action to pop up so I can tie it down.
Oh, and I put it in this little SIP planter! It lives in the shop at night and outside during the day, pretty much 24 hour lighting, cause the shop never goes dark.
That's it for now.
Stay breezy baby!

20230415_132223.jpg

20230415_132227.jpg

20230415_132231.jpg

20230415_132234.jpg

Talk about burying the lead! Mate, she looks amazing in her SIP. Cool tie-down points, makes it look like a Milspec SIP ready for tactical attachments - which it really is.

I need DIY SIP engineering content like others need air.

The great thing about the fill tube is that it can be set in dozens of positions - before filling with dirt. obviously.

I started drilling holes in my fill-tubes at the level of the airgap so that a potential cross-breeze is possible across the reservoir surface from atmo-gasses passing down fill tube and then out of the overflow tube/hole. An unnecessary detail, but it hasn't hurt anything so far as I can tell. My pipes install in a vertical orientation for spacial considerations, and the bottom of the pipe is cut at 45 deg angle to permit water to exit and fill rez.
609DA6B0-C2BE-4D1A-B891-48D7ED4055C5.jpeg

Here's my simultaneously weirdest and best SIP advice: Get in the habit of giving the fill tube a sniff before refilling, every time. Do that and you won't be seeing many problems, because you'll smell'm first!

Which reminds me… the genesis of my ReservoirDog handle comes from a neighbour who, from his living room window, watched in bewilderment while I methodically smell-tested each of the ten SIPs visible to him. Later he told me, "For every single one you bent over, cocked your head around and screwed up your nose like a beagle who'd just lost the scent of his beloved bitch".

Sadly, BelovedBitch was already taken. So, I just went with ReservoirDog :rofl:

This design uses a 17 gal tote as the planter and I nest it into a 27 gal tote that acts as reservoir. No supports are needed to stand off the planter to create the reservoir because the planter’s top edges/handles rest atop the reservoir’s top ledges/handles - very evenly distributing weight. If you can find totes with same footprint but different depths, this is a very secure setup. I get 6 gallon rez from this, and use different methods for wicking foot.

See also the fill pipe airflow holes location on the last pic . Pretty sure Emily Green started doing the same thing and may have feedback.
D8558130-D597-46C8-9A16-41E5FC924ED9.jpeg

15DBFB47-1645-49C4-BBAF-D45CA7B47E78.jpeg

Talk about burying the lead! Mate, she looks amazing in her SIP. Cool tie-down points, makes it look like a Milspec SIP ready for tactical attachments - which it really is.

I need DIY SIP engineering content like others need air.

The great thing about the fill tube is that it can be set in dozens of positions - before filling with dirt. obviously.

I started drilling holes in my fill-tubes at the level of the airgap so that a potential cross-breeze is possible across the reservoir surface from atmo-gasses passing down fill tube and then out of the overflow tube/hole. An unnecessary detail, but it hasn't hurt anything so far as I can tell. My pipes install in a vertical orientation for spacial considerations, and the bottom of the pipe is cut at 45 deg angle to permit water to exit and fill rez.
609DA6B0-C2BE-4D1A-B891-48D7ED4055C5.jpeg

Here's my simultaneously weirdest and best SIP advice: Get in the habit of giving the fill tube a sniff before refilling, every time. Do that and you won't be seeing many problems, because you'll smell'm first!

Which reminds me… the genesis of my ReservoirDog handle comes from a neighbour who, from his living room window, watched in bewilderment while I methodically smell-tested each of the ten SIPs visible to him. Later he told me, "For every single one you bent over, cocked your head around and screwed up your nose like a beagle who'd just lost the scent of his beloved bitch".

Sadly, BelovedBitch was already taken. So, I just went with ReservoirDog :rofl:

This design uses a 17 gal tote as the planter and I nest it into a 27 gal tote that acts as reservoir. No supports are needed to stand off the planter to create the reservoir because the planter’s top edges/handles rest atop the reservoir’s top ledges/handles - very evenly distributing weight. If you can find totes with same footprint but different depths, this is a very secure setup. I get 6 gallon rez from this, and use different methods for wicking foot.

See also the fill pipe airflow holes location on the last pic . Pretty sure Emily Green started doing the same thing and may have feedback.
D8558130-D597-46C8-9A16-41E5FC924ED9.jpeg

15DBFB47-1645-49C4-BBAF-D45CA7B47E78.jpeg
I'm digging the air holes in the fill tube, I might have to try that and let my fill tube run without a cap. I haven't done much rez sniffing, but prescription blend does go sour after a couple days, so I'll stick my nose holes in from time to time and see what's what. I might try that stacking totes design, I have just been running with the buried French drain tubes setup. How long can you go without watering in that box?

I'm digging the air holes in the fill tube, I might have to try that and let my fill tube run without a cap. I haven't done much rez sniffing, but prescription blend does go sour after a couple days, so I'll stick my nose holes in from time to time and see what's what. I might try that stacking totes design, I have just been running with the buried French drain tubes setup. How long can you go without watering in that box?
All of my detailed grow logs are fertigated (MC2pt), soilless SIPS (6 gal reservoir), with 2 plants, each in a 10-gallon square cloth GeoPot... using Promix mixed with some minor amounts water retention amendments like mushroom compost (I grow mushrooms at home as a hobby).

My log reads that my shortest time between filling rez was 4 days on week 9 Flower. It looks like the longest period was early in veg, and was 13-14 days. I think those are numbers you could realistically replicate without much effort.

That ought be enough time for you to go someplace no one recognizes you, raise hell, get bailed out, and drive home, no?

4AE8905C-43E2-4922-BF55-92FC5C63793F.jpeg

3D2C117A-18FB-4978-BA14-23E81714CFE8.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom