Corporate Espionage: A Copycat Flux In A SIP - Grown From Schwag?

Damnit man, that's a sweet setup! Looks like you're gonna grow a little redwood forest in there. I envy you boys with enough room for a big ass tent, I had to wedge a 3x4 grow space in between tools and work benches. 14 days to water, that's half of veg! I'm already getting lonely watering every 3 or 4 days. :rofl:

Time passes slowly in the boom-boom room. Just a canoe ride thru life in there. Very zen...

20230425_004551.jpg

20230425_004543.jpg

20230425_004509.jpg

Hey Amigo :ciao:
Sorry I'm late.
Looks great.
Hope you have a nice weekend. :high-five:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Hey Amigo :ciao:
Sorry I'm late.
Looks great.
Hope you have a nice weekend. :high-five:

Bill284 😎
No stress man. There's alot going on here at 420, catch up when you can big dog, I appreciate the appearance. Just cruising along in this zone. I blame its slow growth on shitty dirt. The "Back-to-Roots Organics" dirt from Lowe's and Walmart is FUCKING GARBAGE and causes slow potassium deficiency in every plant I've stuck in it.
I'm back to ammended FFOH for everything, that shit grows monsters.

No stress man. There's alot going on here at 420, catch up when you can big dog, I appreciate the appearance. Just cruising along in this zone. I blame its slow growth on shitty dirt. The "Back-to-Roots Organics" dirt from Lowe's and Walmart is FUCKING GARBAGE and causes slow potassium deficiency in every plant I've stuck in it.
I'm back to ammended FFOH for everything, that shit grows monsters.
Gia Green makes a powder veg and flower nutrient.
If I use soil no matter what is in it I add some.
Never get a problem.
I also use bokashi and frass though.
Takes care of my roots for me.
Just 2 cents. :Namaste:
Keep On Rocken :surf::morenutes::thumb:

Bill284 😎

Gia Green makes a powder veg and flower nutrient.
If I use soil no matter what is in it I add some.
Never get a problem.
I also use bokashi and frass though.
Takes care of my roots for me.
Just 2 cents. :Namaste:
Keep On Rocken :surf::morenutes::thumb:

Bill284 😎
Haven't played with Gia yet. I'll pickup some and spice up my mix with it, see what happens. I made my own bokashi and it's in my SIP, but not my vegetables or this Flux plant. I'll have to whip another bokashi batch though, I left it a little too wet in the bucket and when I came back to it a month later, it smelled like horse poop.

Haven't played with Gia yet. I'll pickup some and spice up my mix with it, see what happens. I made my own bokashi and it's in my SIP, but not my vegetables or this Flux plant. I'll have to whip another bokashi batch though, I left it a little too wet in the bucket and when I came back to it a month later, it smelled like horse poop.
It's cheap to by on zon here and keeps for months in the bag.
I add it to everything.
Keeps my roots happy and healthy.
Which seems to always give me big healthy girls.
Like the Frank's Red Hot Lady says..... :rofl:

Bill284 😎

She's looking a little sad, I just had to drench her in water with mosquito dunk in it. The gnats are driving me fucking bananas, I can't get rid of the little bastards!
I'm gonna go full nuclear here soon if I can't get a handle on these little flying shits.

20230504_212834.jpg

20230504_212830.jpg

You could do a fine sand mulch, but I found you get really wet SIPs that way. I did manage to control them once just omitting any mulch and then just burlap. I allowed top 1/2 inch to become dry and they disappeared. Although... I could see your drain hole being an issue, mine have a 1/2" pvc pipe w/1mm fine window screen on them to keep the suckers outta there, seems to work as I've watched them try and fail to squeeze in.
8cfdc478e00b52563be29d3532b0ceeef6754f32.jpeg

You could do a fine sand mulch, but I found you get really wet SIPs that way. I did manage to control them once just omitting any mulch and then just burlap. I allowed top 1/2 inch to become dry and they disappeared. Although... I could see your drain hole being an issue, mine have a 1/2" pvc pipe w/1mm fine window screen on them to keep the suckers outta there, seems to work as I've watched them try and fail to squeeze in.
8cfdc478e00b52563be29d3532b0ceeef6754f32.jpeg
I got those little bastards knocked down to random stragglers. A combo of Dr Zymes, DE, and leaving them outside overnight under an outside light. I let the bugs of the world have their way with the gnats all night long, that took care of any flyers, and The DE is killing off the newcomers. So far so good! I just thank God that my big plants are separated from the babies. There isn't a single gnat in my main room.

leaving them outside overnight under an outside light. I let the bugs of the world have their way with the gnats all night long,
Now that is some clever-ass, hardcore gang-bangin' right there. I am well impressed. I'd say, "take no prisoners", but you do, and then you feed 'em to the sharks! Whooboy, I put dollies under my SIPs, so I could do the same so easily, never occurred to me. I almost want those bastards to show up now. Yeah, the DE is really such a good product to have on hand, I love it. Microbes love it too, I can tell. But even wet, the stuff kills all the emerging little pricks. Man, you are on the job, proper-like.

:thumb:from 🍁

PS, highly recommend the dollies BTW, lemme know if you want pics and a part list from Home Despot. You can get nine good dollie pieces out of a 4x8 sheet for the 27gal footprint SIPs.If you get it cut at HD try to get a couple 3 inch-wide strips as long as the long side of the dollie, use the strips to reinforce the longest span between wheels each side. Works if you don't, but bows a little without the strengthening. Be sure to get the 360 deg. rotating wheels for all four corners, means you can spin'em in place for dealing with canopy management. I've got the full parts list with UPC codes.

Now that is some clever-ass, hardcore gang-bangin' right there. I am well impressed. I'd say, "take no prisoners", but you do, and then you feed 'em to the sharks! Whooboy, I put dollies under my SIPs, so I could do the same so easily, never occurred to me. I almost want those bastards to show up now. Yeah, the DE is really such a good product to have on hand, I love it. Microbes love it too, I can tell. But even wet, the stuff kills all the emerging little pricks. Man, you are on the job, proper-like.

:thumb:from 🍁

PS, highly recommend the dollies BTW, lemme know if you want pics and a part list from Home Despot. You can get nine good dollie pieces out of a 4x8 sheet for the 27gal footprint SIPs.If you get it cut at HD try to get a couple 3 inch-wide strips as long as the long side of the dollie, use the strips to reinforce the longest span between wheels each side. Works if you don't, but bows a little without the strengthening. Be sure to get the 360 deg. rotating wheels for all four corners, means you can spin'em in place for dealing with canopy management. I've got the full parts list with UPC codes.

Shoot up a couple photos of that dolly, I could do with a way to spin the pot without scuffing up my floor. I got a ton of plywood on sale from Lowe's a couple months back, and I think I have a box of 360 casters in the garage somewhere. I'll check your B-Prints and screw one together for the next plant run.

The Boom-Boom room got nasty... and by that I mean she was full of fucking gnats! So I tossed the schwag outdoors to let nature take its course with the gnats. The plant is now a bush. I'll post up photos tomorrow, but I don't think there's any going back now. She's a full bush. I'm going to plant another schwag seed tomorrow and begin this thing over again, and we'll check in on the og schwag from time to time as she bushes out in an outdoor sip.

I'm starting over.

I got some free seeds from Hydrokulture, my local grow shop, on 4/20.
I think they called it Ice-cream Cookies.
The dudes in there are pretty cool, if not a bit bourgeois, so I'm gonna train out their seed in LA's flux style. See what it gets me.
The last time I tried this I greatly underestimated the amount of defol necessary to achieve his final structure. I'm gonna go harder in the paint this time, full Edward Scissor-hands up in this bitch. No slacking on the cut cut.
The seed is in the ground as of 1 hour ago, we'll see how long it takes to pop. I'll update when we get traction!

The previous plant is out back, with a tomato cage to keep it tight. It'll be over 4 months till outdoor chop, and it's gonna be big by then. I'll post updates on how it does in the great big world.

20230604_230319.jpg

20230604_230427.jpg

20230604_230414.jpg

She's looking a little sad, I just had to drench her in water with mosquito dunk in it. The gnats are driving me fucking bananas, I can't get rid of the little bastards!
I'm gonna go full nuclear here soon if I can't get a handle on these little flying shits.

20230504_212834.jpg

20230504_212830.jpg
Wood chips is a big NO NO when growing Cannabis! She probably died from the high tannin content. Cheers!

Wood chips is a big NO NO when growing Cannabis! She probably died from the high tannin content. Cheers!
Interesting. I had a plant looking pretty sad with a nice thick mulch layer of fresh, chopped up leaves. It perked up dramatically when I swapped that out for a mulch layer of worm castings and compost.

Never thought about the tannins but maybe that was indeed my issue. 🤔

Interesting. I had a plant looking pretty sad with a nice thick mulch layer of fresh, chopped up leaves. It perked up dramatically when I swapped that out for a mulch layer of worm castings and compost.

Never thought about the tannins but maybe that was indeed my issue. 🤔
Something I learned from Grandma picking out twigs and wood chips out of local soil mixes for her vegetable garden. Found out the reason why when I got older and started growing myself. All the best! Cheers!

It didn't die, it's in the pic.
I add pine bark right into my dirt. 2 grows ago 90%of the mix was rocks and pine bark in the AL Tapla 'gritty mix" style of soil growing... it was some spectacular weed. If you look at the soil in the pics, you'll see it's loaded with bark and rocks, I added some of that gritty mix to my FFOF along with coco and rock powders.
It's alot going on in there. :ganjamon:

20230605_161511.jpg

20230604_230319.jpg

Back
Top Bottom