Autos - 3 SIP's, A Hempy Bucket And A Fabric Bag

nice grows! I have a few questions on my 1st SIP bucket but having difficulty finding answers and give up looking. If someone can direct me to a site or forum or answer a few questions to help me out would be much appreciated.

1. When do I start fertilizing ? is there a chart someplace ?
2. Do I need to 'prime' the dirt in my bucket so it starts wicking up water from the reservoir ? like do I water the fresh dirt until water starts seeping into the reservoir ?
3. Do I water from the top until the plant gets a certain age ?

I have more questions, but thats it for now. Thanks everyone!

nice grows! I have a few questions on my 1st SIP bucket but having difficulty finding answers and give up looking. If someone can direct me to a site or forum or answer a few questions to help me out would be much appreciated.
Thanks !
You may want to consider starting a journal, best way to get answers, but...
1. When do I start fertilizing ? is there a chart someplace ?
I start right away but it may depend on what nutrient line and medium you choose.

With Mega Crop one part I start with 1g/gallon and use GreenLeafs feed chart And the plants condition to know when to up the feed.
2. Do I need to 'prime' the dirt in my bucket so it starts wicking up water from the reservoir ? like do I water the fresh dirt until water starts seeping into the reservoir ?
The day before transplanting from solo cups I water my 5 gallon pails with a gallon from the top and then maintain a half full reservoir for the next couple of weeks.

3. Do I water from the top until the plant gets a certain age ?
That one watering from the top should be enough for now. When they are draining the half full reservoir in a day I start filling it, topping up every day. At about two weeks I will water again from the top, filling the reservoir. Depending on how the plants are drinking I will top water every three or four fills.

But, if the soil is "wet" to within about an inch from the top I may stop top watering. Check for moisture with a wood skewer.
I have more questions, but thats it for now. Thanks everyone!
As I said, start a journal and you will get more growers chiming in with their methods ;)

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom