A SIP Grower's Guide To The Galaxy

RedskinnedRhino

Don't Panic. Did you remember your towel?

This is how I did my thing. You can do the thing I did, but YMMV.
The goal is 2 plants in a single big ass 27gallon SIP,
I have a 3X3x1 Tent (it has a 1ft nursery room) inside of a 4x8 plywood container - to house the climate controllers, bottles and cans, garden gnomes, etc.

My seeds came from @Herbies Seeds , the USA express version.
(This isn't a sponsored grow, I have no affiliation with anything but God and the Redskins)
They were pricey beans and didn't come with a Damn thing free, but I had a Coupon so I gave em a shot. They came fast in a yellow shipping package, tiny little Speck sized seeds, but they popped above ground in 2 days - so size didn't Mean shit.

The "SIP-puff-junior": tiny bottom watering planters that I got from the Dollar Tree for a $1 each. I poked 2 holes above the reservoir to act as a makeshift air-gap. Worked like Gangbusters homie!
Check dem roots Booooooy! Got em dusted with Great White mycos for that extra boost.

The "SIP-puff-Senior,the DoomBringer": a 27gallon tote with 3 half-cuts of 4in drain tile lengthwise at the bottom - forming the reservoir - and a 2 inch piece of pvc pipe for a fill neck. I poked in a piece of 3/8 fuel line to make the air-gap.

This is a Soil Grow. Fox Farms Ocean Forest with added perlite, vermiculite, a handful of bone meal and blood meal, some homemade bokashi, a dash of worm castings, and a handful of soft rock phosphate/azomite/lime. It's been on the stove for over a month now, should be ready for action.

The plan was to use all KNF nutrients - I spent a ton of time making that stuff - but I have no idea what I'm doing with that shit yet, so it'll be used on some experiments in the background while I fine tune its use.

These ladies will be fed Prescription Blend for their lifetime, it's a good nutrient program and it plays well with additives. Plus I have a bunch of it on the shelf.

The STARS OF THE SHOW:
A Bubblegum and a CBD Amnesia
The CBD to boost my medicinal capabilities, I ain't getting any younger ya know?
The Bubblegum mainly because @Grand Daddy Black grew one and it looked dank and funky like great grandma's root cellar and I was peanut-butter- and-jelly.

TLDR: Growing a Bubblegum and a CBD in a big ass SIP, but no KNF yet cause I don't want to ruin my late summer smoke.

Let's Roll!

20230310_203410.jpg

20230310_203343.jpg

20230308_005836.jpg

20230224_103953.jpg

SIP Puff Sr, the DoomBringer!
(A Futurama joke)
This is where we're all caught up! It's day 19 above ground. The girls are in their final home, roots looking good and dusted with GW, and now we're gonna veg out for the next 2 weeks. Then it's flower-power-hour bitches!

I was gonna grow this weed anyways, but it's a hell of alot more fun when you guys tag along for the journey, so grab a seat anywhere folk!

20230308_232348.jpg

20230310_180816.jpg

20230310_181318.jpg

20230310_182347.jpg

A SIP grow with Prescription Blend? I'm ready to see some monsters!

A SIP grow with Prescription Blend? I'm ready to see some monsters!
I hope I get similar results to you guys. Them SIPs you and Buds and Emilya have been running -got damn Redwood trees growing out of em! I'm ready for some of that action in my tent! :ganjamon:

"I always feel like, somebody's watchin meeeeee..." hahaha glad to see you here in the new arena! It's gonna be a CBD vs Bubblegum Showdown!

:popcorn: :reading420magazine:

Best of luck with your new grow mate, excited to see what you can do in a SIP!

Congrats on the other harvest too, glad the PM wasn't widespread and looks like a decent haul of flower & bubble 🔥

:popcorn: :reading420magazine:

Best of luck with your new grow mate, excited to see what you can do in a SIP!

Congrats on the other harvest too, glad the PM wasn't widespread and looks like a decent haul of flower & bubble 🔥
Hey, good to see you here! I'm gonna fumble my way thru this grow and then pull it together at the end like usual, stick around for the hijinks my man. :goof: I'm hyped to join the SIP regime. The growth rate is just too insane to resist!

Any journal that requires a towel is immediately auto-flagged for my review :). I hope you don't mind if I follow along. That soil sounds rich.
It's gonna get weirder before it gets better!
You are correct about the soil. I get over enthusiastic and turn up packages of powders until the dirt looks chalky...I have a problem... it burned the shit out of those poor babies. Leaves were laid flat to the dirt for a solid 24 hours. :rofl: they cool now though.

Sooooo...I made booboo.
I forgot to turn them Temps back up after drying the last harvest and it was 60° all night in the box, add some ridiculously hot soil, plus a dash of overwatering, and you get fan leaves burnt to hell in less than 12 hours!
They cried and hollered all night... but perked back up after some self affirmation.
This is not the first time I've done this with hot soil. I'm trying to change. It takes time.

7C78B287C4D3_1678547644506.jpg

7C78B287C4D3_1678685993064.jpg

20230312_231225.jpg

I'm hungover and I want to watch tv, so I'll keep this short.
I've been training the Bubblegum, bent her stem and did some leaf tucking, (shoutout to the Carhooks) she's riding on rails right now. Her sister the CBD Amnesia is just too damn short to do anything with! She has the same amount of nodes under those big fat leaves, they are just super close together, I'm not sure what I'll do with that action yet.
Check the cedar chip mulch, I love it, the smell reminds me of sneaking cigarette butts behind a log cabin at the Boyscout jamboree...awesome.

20230317_002525.jpg

7C78B287C4D3_1679151692506.jpg

Rhino, I remember reading a few times that cedar mulch is not recommended for cannabis. But I can't remember where I read it and I can't remember why they said don't use it, so I'll just shut up. :straightface:

Rhino, I remember reading a few times that cedar mulch is not recommended for cannabis. But I can't remember where I read it and I can't remember why they said don't use it, so I'll just shut up. :straightface:
I read that improperly dried cedar can leach into the ground, but I'm hoping that my SIP surface will never get wet enough to cause it to bleed? I try dangerous and controversial shit for absolutely no reason GDB, I'm not sure why. 🤔

Did some minor leaf tucking today, these fans are huge and block the entire plant, like a damn awning.
There's not much to do with these SIP planters, just watch and occasionally poke around. The CBD is still too short to do anything with, but the Bubblegum is training out nice.
I'll flip to flower in the next 2 weeks.
I was going to cut clones, but I'm not sure if it's worth the time. I have other strains I want to grow, and I'm already doing seed stuff with another plant, so these will probably be 1 and done. If my boy's uncle is still futzing around with that male plant, maybe I'll do another pollen swab though!

7C78B287C4D3_1679234131915.jpg

7C78B287C4D3_1679274446872.jpg

20230319_193343.jpg

20230319_193347.jpg

I can't stand how short they are. There are a ton of nodes, but they are so close together that it just gets more bushy every day, and the stems are stupid thick and hard to bend... gonna have to make a Carhook spiderweb just to shed some light on her undercarriage...

7C78B287C4D3_1679371944468.jpg

I read that improperly dried cedar can leach into the ground, but I'm hoping that my SIP surface will never get wet enough to cause it to bleed? I try dangerous and controversial shit for absolutely no reason GDB, I'm not sure why. 🤔
Sounds like you like to live on the edge my friend. lol CL🍀

Stress training day. I cut 2 giant fans off of each plant, then gave em the gangster lean! Now some of those lower branches get some camera time. Check that stem, thick little joker didn't want to bend.
Bonus: BB-room progress pic.

20230321_225028.jpg

20230321_225049.jpg

20230321_225059.jpg

20230321_225032.jpg

20230321_225000.jpg

Back
Top Bottom