A SIP Grower's Guide To The Galaxy

One of the things I love about the SIP, they're always moving. She's about to take off!

Finally got the CBD where I wanted her, and bent her over! Haha
Maybe now I'll get some side branches.
The Bubblegum straps got choked up too.
Check the big ass fans on these broads, gotta be all the extra aqua making em swell up. Dark green too.
I haven't added any goofy juice since I charged up the Dirt, just silica and some Great White with the first res fill. She probably won't get any Rx until after flip, doesn't look like she's hungry for anything yet.
Probably time I gave them names...

20230323_212422.jpg

20230323_212549.jpg

20230323_212603.jpg

Had to do some defol and extra strapping... it hurts me to chop these huge fans. Stem is over a half inch thick, had to pull the strap on it, it was growing into the stem.
I'm going to cut a couple clones off the blueberry and then we're gonna flip by the end of the week.

20230324_234920.jpg

20230324_234931.jpg

20230324_235317.jpg

20230324_234738.jpg

She is THICK, look at that huge nutrient straw!

She is THICK, look at that huge nutrient straw!

Thicker than a snickers! I would prefer it to be a few inches taller though, my fumbling fingers have a hard time sifting thru the big fat leaves so close together.
Can you even see my hand under this fan?
I tightened the straps on the Bubblegum and released the CBD, she's too short and her stem is too thick - the bindings are getting buried in the stem.
I included a 24 hour later shot.
I bought a new light and I'm going to build another SIP like this one, then open up the nursery side of the tent into one big flower room. Once it's stuck together properly I'll be able to run 4 girls at a time.
Dunno where I'm gonna hang them to dry out though, that was the main use of the nursery... have to figure that out later..

20230326_210353.jpg

20230326_210252.jpg

20230326_210311.jpg

20230327_131522.jpg

20230327_131530.jpg

20230327_131345.jpg

Thicker than a snickers! I would prefer it to be a few inches taller though, my fumbling fingers have a hard time sifting thru the big fat leaves so close together.
Can you even see my hand under this fan?
I tightened the straps on the Bubblegum and released the CBD, she's too short and her stem is too thick - the bindings are getting buried in the stem.
I included a 24 hour later shot.
I bought a new light and I'm going to build another SIP like this one, then open up the nursery side of the tent into one big flower room. Once it's stuck together properly I'll be able to run 4 girls at a time.
Dunno where I'm gonna hang them to dry out though, that was the main use of the nursery... have to figure that out later..

20230326_210353.jpg

20230326_210252.jpg

20230326_210311.jpg

20230327_131522.jpg

20230327_131530.jpg

20230327_131345.jpg
Damn those are fat fans and the stalk is fat as a tree 🌳. WTF are you feeding them? Steroids? CL🍀

wow that was fast! Nice fans
Bro... these SIPs are ridiculous how fast they grow stuff.

Damn those are fat fans and the stalk is fat as a tree 🌳. WTF are you feeding them? Steroids? CL🍀
I shoot it in between the nodes, then put GDB-Weights on em, growing that beef! :cheesygrinsmiley:
For real though, I went back to basics this grow. FFOF Dirt with limited amendments, Script Blend only diet, SIP planter.

Bro... these SIPs are ridiculous how fast they grow stuff.

I shoot it in between the nodes, then put GDB-Weights on em, growing that beef! :cheesygrinsmiley:
For real though, I went back to basics this grow. FFOF Dirt with limited amendments, Script Blend only diet, SIP planter.
Yeah I just started using RX on the Sativas I’m growing. It’s great nutes but had to figure out what %s each different strain wanted. Got em all dialed in now though. CL🍀

Yeah I just started using RX on the Sativas I’m growing. It’s great nutes but had to figure out what %s each different strain wanted. Got em all dialed in now though. CL🍀
I've been checking out your garden, waiting to see how those girls treat you. I want to grow a landrace sativa, and if yours stay under 6ft and grow nice buds, I'll go ahead and grab a couple seeds online. You thinking you're gonna flip soon, or roll the dice and give em a couple weeks?

I've been checking out your garden, waiting to see how those girls treat you. I want to grow a landrace sativa, and if yours stay under 6ft and grow nice buds, I'll go ahead and grab a couple seeds online. You thinking you're gonna flip soon, or roll the dice and give em a couple weeks?
Shed has grown a Golden Tiger and says if I flip them now they won’t amount to anything. He’s my Sensei and hasn’t done me wrong yet. So I’m going take his advice and for some reason it goes bad I have more beans 🫘. CL🍀

I dont get SIP's or maybe I do and just need a confirmation. Does the soil matter that much with a SIP? I'm not suggesting you dump clay in there but if she feeds from the bottom tap root that pulls from the standing water at the bottom, is she really using all the goodness some folks pile into there soil?

I dont get SIP's or maybe I do and just need a confirmation. Does the soil matter that much with a SIP? I'm not suggesting you dump clay in there but if she feeds from the bottom tap root that pulls from the standing water at the bottom, is she really using all the goodness some folks pile into there soil?
Without the soil it's a hydro/hempy grow yeah? Us dirt farmers prefer our roots to be in soil, where you don't have to ph your water or deal with pumps and tds nonsense. (I also think dirt grown weed is better if grown properly, just my take)
These SIPs just allow a dirt grown plant to have the same water access as a hydro plant.
I'd assume that all of the standard dirt rules apply. If you feed the shit out of it with bottle nutrients in the reservoir it probably won't go searching the dirt for scraps, but if you do the organic thing it'll interact with the microbes and such.
I didn't build supersoil, I amended FFOF. Supersoil was good for me, but ammended FFOF is better, easier, and cheaper.

At the rate they're growing that tent will be full by the time they flower. Very healthy ladies!
Man I hope so! I'm over here nervous that I pulled the trigger too soon on flower time.

Hi Red, cool SIPs. I've been growing in those 27gal DIY SIPs a while myself and I really like the size. I got another dozen more built this winter, ready to be deployed to the front yard for vegetable-duty this year. Sometimes I drop 2, 7 or 10 gal soft pots in there to keep plants separated, sometimes not. Sometimes I try to grow a monster with just one plant per tote. One day I'd like to try and grow a pound-plant in 20gal of supersoil in a 27gal SIP. BTW, how much water does she hold and what's the design like?

The nutrient solution is drawn up into the soil through a natural wicking action. That allows the soil's buffering action and nutrients to come into play.
It's why SIPs work well with LOS/TLO. They're still getting their nutrients from the soil.

Hi Red, cool SIPs. I've been growing in those 27gal DIY SIPs a while myself and I really like the size. I got another dozen more built this winter, ready to be deployed to the front yard for vegetable-duty this year. Sometimes I drop 2, 7 or 10 gal soft pots in there to keep plants separated, sometimes not. Sometimes I try to grow a monster with just one plant per tote. One day I'd like to try and grow a pound-plant in 20gal of supersoil in a 27gal SIP. BTW, how much water does she hold and what's the design like?
I just ripped off the standard design I found on Google. I split 4 inch perforated drain tile in half and used 3 runs of it across the bottom with a 2in pvc fill tube. I believe the reservoir is around 4 gallons, I haven't filled it to the brim yet though. The way these sips grow weed, you'll be up to your eyeballs in tomatoes and beans if you start your garden in em.

The nutrient solution is drawn up into the soil through a natural wicking action. That allows the soil's buffering action and nutrients to come into play.
It's why SIPs work well with LOS/TLO. They're still getting their nutrients from the soil.
Thanks Hobbes, I'm going to have to try it. I give up, what's LOS/TLO? Living soil?

Back
Top Bottom