Corporate Espionage: A Copycat Flux In A SIP - Grown From Schwag?

When you attach the weights, how do you keep them from sliding as the branch reaches up? If I hook my weights on the closest set of leaf crooks they end up damaging the emerging bud nodes. Clue me in on your setup.
I use @Hafta 's CST - Constant Stress Training Method (sort of).

I use the "bullet style" fishing weights and use a half un-bent paper clip to hold the weight on one end and hook over the branch on the other. I'll use some combination of three different sizes of weights, usually the heavier ones closer to the main stalk where the branch is the strongest and lighter ones out toward the branch ends. I use the quadlining approach and try to keep the branches relatively flat.

The weights hold the branch roughly in position but allow some movement which is supposed to build stronger branches without the tension that can cause breaks when using a fixed restraint like ties as the branch fights against it. The branches are already pretty robust in a SIP but I like the flexibility.

I take them off if I foliar and then reset, and use use them in conjunction with BBQ skewers to help set lateral direction when I want to better space out the branches.

I use @Hafta 's CST - Constant Stress Training Method (sort of).

I use the "bullet style" fishing weights and use a half un-bent paper clip to hold the weight on one end and hook over the branch on the other. I'll use some combination of three different sizes of weights, usually the heavier ones closer to the main stalk where the branch is the strongest and lighter ones out toward the branch ends. I use the quadlining approach and try to keep the branches relatively flat.

The weights hold the branch roughly in position but allow some movement which is supposed to build stronger branches without the tension that can cause breaks when using a fixed restraint like ties as the branch fights against it. The branches are already pretty robust in a SIP but I like the flexibility.

I take them off if I foliar and then reset, and use use them in conjunction with BBQ skewers to help set lateral direction when I want to better space out the branches.
I don't fish very often, so I suppose it won't hurt me to raid the take box and pull all the lead out. As soon as I'm back near my plants, I'll stack some weights on and see what happens.

The little Flux plant is alive and well. I moved her to the Boom-Boom room because I'm gonna flower this lil baby out. I'm not bailing on the skill-set of Flux training a plant like that Jedi Ninja Light-Addict, but we're past that point with this broad - unless I want to chop her down to nubs and start all over.
It had 3 main branches and they were all growing vertically from lack of training. I tried to hang weights to straighten them out, but the rise was too severe and the weights were either sliding to the crook or breaking the branch tip. I attached a couple rods to the bottom of the pot and twisted the branches over instead of bending them down. Worked good.
I just popped 2 autos, and my seedling slab is already full of baby vegetables in pots - so I'll wait a couple weeks before I pop another seed to try fluxing again. You'll just have to be satisfied watching this plant grow some buds in the meantime!
She's been on a simple diet of Foliage Pro, cal/mag, and silica - but I'll be switching to KNF Foliar sprays for the rest of the grow. I'm dying to try them out and this plant will be the test rat.

KNF Nutrients - FAA, OHN, Cal/Phos, LAB, Cal, FPJ, FFJ, Jadam sulfer (if I see any bugs)

20230802_222818.jpg

Bounce back from under-watering, a move to a 90° grow room with zero ventilation, and a heavy lst bending. I'm thinking of pasting together a new small SIP just for this grow room, so she doesn't have to live her entire life in my seedling mix, I wanna add some FFOF to the pot.

I'm gonna mix up a quart of KNF foliar and start spraying her weekly. Hopefully it keeps her happy.

20230804_200711.jpg

20230804_200707.jpg

She's filling in the boom-boom room quickly, I'll have to be vigilant to keep her from growing into the light. It's only hanging a few inches above her head, so the light spread isn't very wide, She'll need confinement to keep her in the sweet spot.
Happy Saturday Friends, I'm off to the lake!

20230819_050117.jpg

20230819_050123.jpg

20230819_050130.jpg

We reach for the stars as we toil in the dirt...

I hope this isn't a super stretchy breed, I'm running out of headroom. It's a giveaway seed from the local hydro store pollen chuckers, so there's no info on it. Just the name Ice-cream Cookies or some jazz like that.
She'll get a new round of straps and bondage tomorrow, I'm feeling lethargic tonight, been sampling some Columbian Gold and it's got me beat.
Stay breezy friends!
Bonus pic of a Gorilla Cookies Auto I'm starting for my helper, I just topped it and he should be taking it home on Tuesday.

20230820_215902.jpg

20230820_215923.jpg

20230820_215915.jpg

I missed my opportunity to take a picture of this overgrown broad because my overly tight lst ripped half the damn plant off...I was sick.
I rushed to repair and the lights went off...
I'm going to move away from green wire ties, their lack of give is too aggressive for a fast growing plant.
Weights aren't working well with the wires either, those bastards just slide down the stalk and allow it to continue growing upwards...
I'm moving to a bungee system, just gotta hit the zon for an overnight.

She FAR outgrew the boom-boom room, and had to be moved down to the plant room temporarily. She can't stay here though, she's stinking up the joint, so I'm building a 3x3 plywood home for her.
Unfortunately she didn't escape without some burns from growing into the lights.
For now she's comfortable next to the ashwaganda, and she's starting to really poke out some buds.
The boom-boom room will have to be for autos only in the future.

20230905_235730.jpg

20230905_235744.jpg

20230905_235750.jpg

20230905_235756.jpg

20230905_235804.jpg

Why TF she won't stop stretching is beyond me. She was just supposed to be a cool Flux, then turned into a quad... then a Trio. Now a big leggy ass mess. :rofl:
I'm not expecting a big harvest - she's been abused and ignored, like every woman in my town. :laugh: I kid ladies, I kid! For real though, I'd be surprised if there were more than golfballs when she finishes up, smells nice though.
The fans and controllers for the new grow-cubicle are in transit, so re-homing this heifer is right around the corner. I'm not 100% where the new box will get nailed down, but one thing is for sure - This house ain't no damned hotel, She gots to go!

Bonus shot of the Ashwaganda, doing whatever the hell ashwaganda does. I plan on processing its roots and seeing what happens, supposed to be good for junk n stuff.

20230906_220325.jpg

20230906_220342.jpg

20230906_220350.jpg

Her new home is 95% complete. It needs 2 coats of white paint on the inside, an oscillating fan, and a tiny heater - and that shit is in the mail!
Check the buds forming on her, better than I expected from such a stressed out plant.

20230911_225445.jpg

20230911_230256.jpg

20230911_230300.jpg

20230911_230304.jpg

20230911_230314.jpg

Still trucking... gave her a big dose of bloom nutrients, didn't have the will to dick around with FFJ or FPJ. I'm not a fan of blind cocktails, with no idea what's in it or how much. Gonna need more research before I can trust the plant juice food. Plus I'm tired, been a long day.

20230913_180717.jpg

20230913_180725.jpg

20230913_180739.jpg

20230913_180825.jpg

10 grams of rosin dissolved in grain alcohol. I'll put it in the deep freezer for 48 hours to allow the waxes to settle at the bottom, then strain it and boil off the alcohol.
I should be left with a nice honey oil - suitable for vape cartridges!

20230917_123946.jpg

20230917_123958.jpg

I ran late at work and ended up having to rush the filtration and they didn't come out much clearer than my original carts. Pretty much operator error. They smoked well and kept me happy on the trip though, so all was well.
Check the progress on the plant though, that purple is coming in nicely. That's all I got for now.

20231003_122451.jpg

20231003_122428.jpg

20231003_122434.jpg

20231003_122456.jpg

20231003_122419.jpg

..."did you just touch my ass?"

I got real handsy with the girls, for no reason though, we're already so deep into flower that I'm not sure it matters. Added some red wigglers to the box, gave a good foliar of nutrients/labs/other stuff, and swirled up a bucket of Jadam bubble-n-squeek tea for tomorrow's feeding.
The pictures don't do her justice.
She's lookin sexy, dark and sugary, like my favorite news lady Shennekia Grimshaw... I think I'm in love. :circle-of-love:😍😘 I hope she tastes as good as she smells. I neglected the addition of the carbon filters, opting for greater negative pressure airflow instead, and this was a mistake. Even an old skunk with mange would lift his nose and sniff around for weed if he wandered within 100 feet of my backup grow box.
Live and learn, then fix it tomorrow.
Have a good one today folks - it's the last warm day of the season if you're around my way.
I'll catch you on the flip side!

20231006_044232.jpg

20231006_044122.jpg

20231006_044036.jpg

20231006_044032.jpg

20231006_044151.jpg

Nothing feels better, nothing feels better than this...🎶
Nothing feels better, nothing feels better than this....🎶

My shoulder is getting back to good, don't need the sling yet this morning, feeling like I could do some things. Got an electricity in me today, not sure why, but I'm vibrating. Gonna smoke a huge doober and go hang out in the garden, see if I can kill a big batch of slugs that keep gnawing on my brassicas. Spread a little bit of DE around and see if those slimy bastards can feel the love. Haha
Have a great Saturday kids! Don't let your meat loaf!

20231014_004509.jpg

20231014_004511.jpg

20231014_004537.jpg

20231014_004531.jpg

Back
Top Bottom