1st Grow - Indoor Bagseed With CFL

ganjatoker8

Hi there, this is my first post on this website. I already have two plants growing indoors in my closet as of now, I have no fans just of yet and two cfl 75 watt lights. I'll be posting pics and documenting the whole thing... any advice is welcome.

NOW... As I said earlier I have two plants from bagseed... Early Girl and Sleeping Beauty.
-They are both under 1 CFL 75watt bulb 1,100 lumens. (going to put up another one soon)
-I fed them both a nitrogen mix right after they germinated and put them in soil.
-I keep them under plastic ziplock sandwich bags for humidity. (not sure when I'll stop)
-Early Girl took off fast but Sleeping Beauty is taking her sweet time sprouting.
-I'm not sure what strains they are and if they are feminized or not. (they are from the same bag)

I will post the pics, they are at this stage as of 8/21/11 @11:30pm :party:

Re: 1st Grow, Indoor Bagseed with CFL.

Early Girl (she sprouted so quickly)

Early_Girl_1.jpg

Early_Girl_2.jpg

Early_Girl_3.jpg
Early_Girl_4.jpg
Early_Girl_5.jpg
Early_Girl_6.jpg

Sleeping Beauty (shes taking her time coming out of the soil)

Sleeping_Beauty_1.jpg

Re: 1st Grow, Indoor Bagseed with CFL

Today I returned my 75 watt CFL (one of em blew out) for a nicer 100 watt CFL that produces 1750 lumens. I'll put another one of these up when the seedlings get bigger to bring it to a total of 3500 lumens for the entire grow. Sleeping Beauty is coming out of the ground beautifully, I had an accident with Early Girl and tipped her over :( shes a little bent to the side but no real damage. Hopefully it won't stress her out too much.

Pics will be posted later tonight. :ciao:

p.s. Thanks Pilot90 its always good to have support.

You were able to return a bulb you used? .. and nothing was wrong with it?

How did that work?

The bulbs came in a pack of two, one of em blew out, I just went to the store I bought em from with the receipt and returned em, I saw some stronger cfls and bought those. I only had em for 5 days so a bulb shouldn't just blow out like that.

Easy on the nutrients while they're so young. You don't need much when they're babies. You should generally start feeding around week three.

And, you should get some wind on them soon. Enough to vibrate them a little, but not blow them around.

Oh, and I think you're reading the comparative watts. Ie. compared to a 100 watt incandescent. It's a 23 watt I believe. Marketing makes people believe they're getting 100 watts for 23, which is clearly impossible with the technology we're sold.

I have a closet that has the ac vent in it, it always has a breeze but i feel like once the plants get older the smell would travel all over my apt and probably into the hallway, i still have time to think it through. As for the nutrients i put a very diluted nitrogen mix in the soil just to promote root growth, I will not put any more for a few weeks.

The one looks good! As long as you're giving it some good clean water it'll be alright. Holes are a must, if you don't have put em in right away, and don't let them sit in water for longer than ten minutes.

If the temps from the ac are below 60 it's no good.

Good show though man.

Sleepin Beauties first set of leaves seem to be growing in deformed idk it may be too early to tell but they seem different. I think it may be the nitrogen, hopefully they'll pick up and her next set will be better.

Sleepin Beauties first set of leaves seem to be growing in deformed idk it may be too early to tell but they seem different. I think it may be the nitrogen, hopefully they'll pick up and her next set will be better.

Don't worry about deformed leaves too much, I've had some crazy looking leaves and the plants turned out ok.:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom