1st Time Grow - 2 Different Bag Seed - Indoor - Soil - Here We Go

hashfiend

alright so this is my first grow. i plan on making this a new hobby for myself so i wanna get good and learn from the best. so im starting out by not spending too much money on this and am using cfl bulbs. ive done some research on cfl bulbs and have chosen to use 8, 23 watt 5000k(nat. daylite) and two 68 watt (MONSTER) 2700k(soft white) for veg and then switch the 8, 23 watt bulbs to the soft white type for budding.
this is gonna be an indoor grow so i built a cabinet out of an old dresser to be discreet. i have 2 small fans for ventilation and a small fresh air hole in the back. i am using foxfarm oceanforest with FF nutes.
so the origin of the seeds were a bagseed from some deathstar i got while at a festival, and another bagseed from some bubba kush, so i hope these 2 turn out to be beautiful girls.
i germed both on 10/10, planted into solo cups on 10/11, sprouted 10/12, and are now starting to sprout second tier on 10/16. i am watering daily with sprayer. have added no nutes yet, and have been on 24hr light with one 23w n.d. cfl a piece. i feel like they are lookin strong. once i read tutorial on how to post pics, will have them up.

happy smokin everyone :Namaste:
-hashfiend

Re: 1st time grow, 2 diff bagseed, indoor, soil, here we go

aright so here goes uploadin the pics now the first two are of the deathstar and the last two are the bubba k.
DSCN1713.JPG
DSCN1717.JPG
DSCN17181.JPG
DSCN17211.JPG

now im also curious bout the deathstar because i have heard it is clone only strain and am wondering if that is going to effect the end product. well any words of advice are welcome.

peace:peace:

Hey man, congrats on the first grow. I am on my first grow as well, link is in my sig if u wanna check it out. Anyways, I was at an impass when deciding if i wanted to use a small 150w HPS or CFL's for my first try and I opted to go with the HPS + 2 or so CFL's for side lighting, it was cheap enough ($65 from htgsupply). I am interested in comparing progress as your green grows. I will be tuned into this grow! Take it easy man, good luck! :bravo:

thanks alot wrangler and i too would like to compare as they both mature. im just hopin i get a couple ladies and it not be a sausage fest. lol but anyway ill try and update as much as possible. +rep 2 u

ok so i whipped the rest of my cabinet together pretty quickly it will be a work in progress but for now it should do the job. now im a firm believer in duct tape, if you cant fix it with duct tape then it cant be fixed, so the cabinet has lots of this. im probably the cheapest person in the world so when it comes to putting things together i take the mcgyver approach, find the most useful things from around my house and if i still cant figure it out thats when a trip to the store is in order. i feel that this setup should hold me over for a week or two, or until i get the final layout planned. well i might as well put the pics up and stop jawing around.
DSCN17301.JPG
DSCN1723.JPG
DSCN17241.JPG
DSCN1725.JPG

DSCN17281.JPG
DSCN17291.JPG

i just couldnt help takin a couple more pics of my babies even though its been one day of growth. i am hoping people will give me some insight on wat to do with cords and i also need to get a thermometer for the cabinet. i feel like its runnin hot right now but i cant tell, oh well guess that means i have to head to the store. well any and all feedback is welcome

peace

Hey hash welcome to :420: my man...well let's see....what's the dimensions of that cab?... What are temps running up in that bitch?...how are you exchanging fresh air?...how are you venting your heat?....just a few starter questions for ya...looking great so far my man...having cords running to and fro as a newbie just comes with the territory....watch your step.....good luck my man...where here to get you growing buddy...:ciao:

GoGo Ductape!! Lookin good man :) Just something i noticed in your initial post that might help 2700k is soft white so those mondo bulbs your running are great for flower. the higher the kelvin rating the better for veg and the lower the better for flower. I wouldnt take em out for veg but feel free to throw some more higher k in there while your vegging. Hope this helps and happy growing :thumb: I just looked back up and saw what you meant i just kinda misread that hehe carry on your looking great.

lookin good man, and yes like the rest have said, make sure you're exchanging air, i dont have an exhaust set up in my closet, so i have to leave the door cracked and what not to make sure i have fresh air and to keep the temps down. otherwise it looks decent bro, and remember once those ladies get bigger you're prolly gonna have to top/FIM them and/or LST them so they don't outgrow your box. check out the How to Grow Marijuana portion of this site, they have ALL the info you'll need about that.

hello all and welcome aboard g.j. so i went out and got a therm and put it in. reading 81f and RH is 45%. i took out the big soft white lights and have 8 23w 5000k bulbs in now. the big bulbs were producing a lot of heat so they had to go for now. for exchange of fresh air the bottom of the cabinet is open and on some makeshift lifts and i have been leaving the door slightly cracked with a fan blowing in and i have the mini fan moving air in the box. i dropped the lights down a bit and took out the dvds.

and the dimensions of the cab are 4ft tall x 1.5ft deep x 2ft wide

lookin good man, and yes like the rest have said, make sure you're exchanging air, i dont have an exhaust set up in my closet, so i have to leave the door cracked and what not to make sure i have fresh air and to keep the temps down. otherwise it looks decent bro, and remember once those ladies get bigger you're prolly gonna have to top/FIM them and/or LST them so they don't outgrow your box. check out the How to Grow Marijuana portion of this site, they have ALL the info you'll need about that.

yea ive studied this site for about 2 months and finally signed up when i planted my seeds. ive read alot about both types of training and i think im going to try and lst( my mind keeps screaming scrog). im just lookin for a nice personal yield and i feel scrog might just be the easiest way. and will utilize my space the best keep em short and bushy.

thanks for the input murz

Ha hash I was laughing at those DVD's..grandmas boy and half baked..love it....I HOPE you have SMILEY FACE (Anna faris ) in that stack......:peace:

hey man welcome to 420. :welcome: i'm subbed. good to see another buckeye state grower on here. everythings looking good so far. i have a bagseed grow that i started about 40 days ago going on and it is also my first grow. i'll be followin your grow closely and if you have any questions feel free to ask me. i also have a very tight budget for my grow so i know how that is. well good luck man :goodluck:

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Since you have moved this grow to another journal, I'll get this journal moved to completed journals now.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine! :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom