Return Of The Lost Journal

hashfiend

So first off i started a journal in october and abandoned it due to i had alot of things come up in my life and that cab has since been thrown out. RIP cfl cab.

but on the other hand i decided to get serious and attempt a legit grow. i started by buying a 2x4x5ft tent figured i had 8 square foot and a 400w light would do the trick....one add to cart click later i realized man i want some good seeds to grow.... one order from single seed later i have in my possesion now:
1x nirvana bubblicious fem
1x nirvana papaya fem
1x nirvana snow white fem
1x nirvana aurora indica fem (looking forward to this one the most)
1x barneys farm violator kush fem
1x soma seeds lavender fem
FREEBIES
1x world of seeds yumbolt 47 fem
1x world of seeds auto pakistan ryder fem

(will say this: first time seed buyer and am very pleased with stealth and speed of shipping. from order confirmation to arrival at door, 5 days. all seeds labeled very well.)

i do have my very first two plants in my tent right now its my first grow and am sucking up as much knowledge as the plants and the forums on here are throwing at me. they are bagseed, one is from some amazing bubba kush i used to get, and the other is from some deathstar i got at a festival this fall.
i am using the deathstar as a control run no stressing or training at all lets call it "au natural"(said with cheesy french accent). the bubba kush i topped and am training by hand the rest of the plant. pretty much im moving fan leaves so the undershoots get more light without any pulling from strings or any thing else. i only vegged them for about one month but were stressed at the very beginning and stunted growth. they started under cfl but i had poor circulation and they were badly heat stressed when my equipment arrived i gave them a week under hps and then flipped to 12/12 wanna force flower to gain exp. with that while i start some of my seeds to veg for better strains
and outcome.
here are some pics i have from my first current grow.
DSCN17291.JPG
DSCN17281.JPG

this was my first cab
DSCN17301.JPG
DSCN1723.JPG

and now what a new environment has produced
the bubba kush
DSCN17811.JPG

the deathstar
DSCN17871.JPG
DSCN17842.JPG

im using ff oceanforest soil with ff nutes(big bloom, grow big, tiger bloom)
and also the ff solubles(open sesame, beastie blooms, cha-ching)
have also supplemented with mychorrhizae for roots.
experimenting with honey as well.(idk just sounded good)

AND NOW TO THE NAME BRAND SEEDS
1. took seeds out of package
2. prepped solo cups with ff of soil sprinkled mychorrhizae in soil
3. stuck seeds in soil
4. 3 days later
DSCN17931.JPG
DSCN17922.JPG
DSCN17911.JPG
DSCN17901.JPG

4/4 sprout. HELL YEA!!!!!!!

please i would like to get alot of followers so dont feel shy at all to ask questions or put forth constructive criticism i am open to everything at this point.

aright so i gave the ladies a good drink this morning with some added honey. im still trying to get some opinions on using the honey as a molasses substitute. has anyone done it, is it worth it to keep doin, i have seen alot of growth since i started but that could be the ff nutes as well.

would love to hear anyones comments on this

also im using a storage container as a pot drilled holes in the bottom and now the roots are starting to develop through the holes. i have another same size storage container under it and it is acting like a reservoir catching water an nutes and the roots are growing everyday. does anyone think i should add an airstone to the res kinda a 1/2 soil, 1/2 DWC grow? or would even i need to because the roots are getting oxygen through the soil as well. tell me wat u think.

well off to work
peace

ive heard a lot of people using mollases and wondered what they were lol never got round to asking tho, what are they an wherea would i get em?

molasses is just a raw sugar that u use to stimulate microbials in the soil. im pretty sure thats the reason for using it on all the journals ive read. its like their food so they keep workin for your plants.

please someone correct me if im wrong

aright so thought id update pics seeing as how both starter plants have finally showed me their goodies.(pistils on both) cant believe i got both fem on my first try. my thinking on this is maybe bagseeds came from hermied moms thus making them feminized seeds. in both cases i had quite a bit of herb and only one seed out of the whole bag so dont think they got whiff of a male just turned on themselves but anyway im happy none the less.
and here the lovely two ladies are. (on sidenote i would like to know if anyone can come up with some good names for these ladies. asked the gf and she cant seem to find a winner and ive got too many goin through my head so outside opinions :welcome:)
together BK on the right DS the left
DSCN18041.JPG

BK after some lst to open the middle
DSCN18061.JPG

DS
now i know i was goin natural with this one but it was just asking to be bent over. and look how quickly the tip came up i bent this last night
DSCN18072.JPG
DSCN18082.JPG

inner workings of DS
DSCN18092.JPG

see how branchy (if thats a word) it was. couldnt miss out on a chance at a better yield

and my seedlings
DSCN18032.JPG
DSCN18021.JPG
DSCN18013.JPG
DSCN18002.JPG

brings back memories....I have grown aurora indica, bubblicious, and papaya from nirvana....good strains
I don't think that i would put an airstone in the soil leachate. But that does sound interesting and I am curious what would happen.
honey will feed the microbes in your soil just like molasses but honey doesn't contain all of the trace elements and other goodies that molasses contains.

brings back memories....I have grown aurora indica, bubblicious, and papaya from nirvana....good strains
I don't think that i would put an airstone in the soil leachate. But that does sound interesting and I am curious what would happen.
honey will feed the microbes in your soil just like molasses but honey doesn't contain all of the trace elements and other goodies that molasses contains.

thanks for the info BPN

so how did u like ur aurora indica im really looking forward to that one of all

just somethin about it has me all giddy inside.

thanks for the info BPN

so how did u like ur aurora indica im really looking forward to that one of all

just somethin about it has me all giddy inside.

The aurora indica had 2 distinct phenotypes. one was very short and squat and the other was taller and lanky. I had regular seeds and not feminized. Out of 10 beans, I had 6 girls. They were finished in cooler temps and turned very purple. They smelled like grapes...very sweet and pleasant. The high was a couch lock which is what I prefer. I enjoyed that strain quite a bit. I wish that I took pics but I didn't :(
Nirvana is a great seed bank with good genetics for the right price
:Namaste:

The aurora indica had 2 distinct phenotypes. one was very short and squat and the other was taller and lanky. I had regular seeds and not feminized. Out of 10 beans, I had 6 girls. They were finished in cooler temps and turned very purple. They smelled like grapes...very sweet and pleasant. The high was a couch lock which is what I prefer. I enjoyed that strain quite a bit. I wish that I took pics but I didn't :(
Nirvana is a great seed bank with good genetics for the right price

that sounds exactly what im looking for as well im pretty much a night time smoker and dont care for the sativas too much im always lookin for that nice tight indica to put me out after a long day. pretty much why i picked all the strains i did. im savin the violator kush and the lavendar until im more experienced

my tent gets down to about 68 lights out and when on are 81-83 is that a big enough change to turn them purple

thanks for all the info as well:thanks::peace:

My temps were getting down to the mid 50s during the dark period during the last 3 weeks or so. The auroras were the only ones that changed. Some of that was P deficiency but it was also genetics as well

aright i might try to drop the temps a little later into flowering to try and get that purple goodness.

purple buds just always seem to have more appeal than frosted green

:cheer::high-five:

hey just found your new journal. nice to see you upgraded :) i'm growin 2 strains from nirvana now too. good luck, i'll be following along as you go :high-five:

hey treezzz thanks for movin on over to this journal:thanks:

i kinda went MIA on the other one cause its like my learning curve grow but now that im gettin the hang of things thought i would post this new one for the flowering of my first two ladies and full journal on my nirvana seeds

Update:

so this morning i fed my two flowering ladies with week 6 of the ff schedule. pistils are just now starting to be thrown everywhere on the plants so my bud formation should start in about a week

ill be posting pics later on in the week.

my sprouts are doing very well i have the 4 of them under 5 23w daylight cfls and they are now sprouting their second tier leaves. i added a layer of perlite to the top to prevent any gnats from laying eggs in the soil(read somewhere on here that if they cant get to the soil they cant thrive on the plant) i also did this to the two plants in flower as well.

well that does it for this update

(also still looking for some good names for my ladies in flowering)

Back
Top Bottom