Return Of The Lost Journal

aright i might try to drop the temps a little later into flowering to try and get that purple goodness.

purple buds just always seem to have more appeal than frosted green

:cheer::high-five:

I don't know if I would purposely drop the temps for purple nugs because dropping the temps may decrease your yield since the plants won't be growing as fast. That is up to you though. My temps were so low because the outside temps were in the 20s and 30s and I was pulling in outside air periodically. If you aren't concerned about slightly reduced yield, then drop the temps by all means but only during the last 2 or 3 weeks of flowering. The aurora's were the only ones that had the grape smell and it was very strong. It was amazing. I asked some questions in a post on low temps and terpene production a while back and I got some interesting responses. I will have to look for my post. All I know is that the aurora was a really nice strain and mine smelled like grapes and the temps during finishing were kinda on the low side. I am not sure if the temps caused the smell or if the reason for the purple nugs were low temp P deficiency because none of the other strains had purple accents ;)

i just wish i could fast forward time to the day of harvest and quit playin this waiting game
definently need to learn the art of patience. found the longer i look at the plants the more i wanna touch and mess around with them. defoliated my two girls in flower, not a full defolitation just of the lower fan leaves. this was after i sat there and looked at them for bout a half hour but it definently opened them up to more light

Seems like Corey answered the Molasses question. Like he said with the temps. It will cause your Fan leaves to turn purple and slow growth. You wont get actual purple buds without a purple strain. I'm sure you wont do the Auto seeds but just in case. i wouldn't do it in the same tent. Autos love a 20/4 light cycle because it isn't photoperiod based. Anyways. You can count me in from here my friend!

As for those CFL, the ones on the top were Huge! haha they made the other minis look even smaller xD.

sorry im late brotha! :D

:thumb:

and yeah those cfls are monsters!

Seems like Corey answered the Molasses question. Like he said with the temps. It will cause your Fan leaves to turn purple and slow growth. You wont get actual purple buds without a purple strain. I'm sure you wont do the Auto seeds but just in case. i wouldn't do it in the same tent. Autos love a 20/4 light cycle because it isn't photoperiod based. Anyways. You can count me in from here my friend!

As for those CFL, the ones on the top were Huge! haha they made the other minis look even smaller xD.

thanks for droppin in TOG :thanks:, yea i kinda wasted a lil bit of money buildin that diy cabinet but those 68watt monsters might have some use in my tent as side lighting. ive been using the 23w cfls for vegging my new seedlings so all in all i tried to recycle as much of the cabinet as i could

and yea i was thinkin bout doin a straight cfl grow on the pakistan ryder i got
just as an experiment with the autos, anything i get off of it is a bonus cause it was free

hopefully it will be a smooth ride on the rest of the grow:peace:

makes me want to invest in them BUT i need to think about bigger better lighting :)

Just caught up on your journal Hash ladies look awesome big fan of the aurora indi cant wait to see how that turns out I just purchased some pineapple chunk from Barneys Farm..Your LST is looking great I to just started getting into that an it works its magic nice job so far bro

:welcome:crower, yea the lst is an amazing technique. i just dont understand how bending the plant a lil bit could increase yield, but it does, seen that pointed out on this site many times over.

wat im thinking bout doin with those 4 nirvanas are gettin them to about 12" - 18" keepin the pots close in a tight square, makin the bends outward towards the corners of the tent makin like an X formation and opening the middle of all the plants and maybe throwin a screen in there to keep an even canopy.

hopefully i can pull this off but i have found through constant manipulation that it is easy to train the plants even without extreme bends and topping.
the trick ive found is instead of pulling the plant to where i want it i move the leaves and make openings that the plants will naturally stretch for because of the brighter and better light. the plants are always racing to find the most light so if u just make light holes they will quickly fill up by those racing shoots.

well enough of my ranting:peace:

when you tie your plant over, the branches around the hardest bend try to be main stalks, and also the whole plant gets more light. so thats a couple ways it increases your yeild, if you look at my grow closely, my LST is really poor and i did it alittle too late but, the branches around that hardest bend are thick as fuck! and it seems to me that two of them have tried to establish as the main stalk.
I believe, that it goes kind of like the pinch and bend technique.
When you bend a plant over from a natural position, even though the top continues to grow, the plant thinks that it is a branch, and so it tries to make a branch its main stalk, as you can see in alot of journals where they did the LST right, it looks like the main stalk is just a branch.
and also i want to go ahead and tell more about the pinch and bend since i never seen anyone do it on this site, My brother told me before i ever even started growing about this technique.
its risky because if you over do it, youll lose that top.
But when your plant is in flowering, early stages, take a few or all branches and pinch the very top growth and bend it over, but not too hard just ease and train it over, as far as possible and what i mean by the top is literally only that top part where the smallest leaves and pistils are, and once you have it softened up and where the bend doesnt spring back up, it will do the same as if you cut that top off and shoot up two tops in its place thinking that top is gone, but that top that you bent will still grow, kind of like LST, and then you would have 3 colas where only 1 would be. I want to try it but i did that on one of my branches and got too aggressive and broke it :( but that just means there will be 2 colas there. haha or ill lose the branch. idk i just did it the other night. but yeah i hope my little technique helps :)
:peace:

Hey hash got in late. better late than never. Where did you get your singles? I would love to collect different strains.

:welcome: blackgold

got them from the single seed center. that was exactly y i chose them wanted to do a few plants but different strains and was a good way to spend a lil bit of money and not break my wallet buying a few different packs of seeds

UPDATE:

day 10 of flower

well i hope everyone had a good thanksgiving who celebrates i know ive had my full of turkey for a good while. anyway i left the plants alone for a couple days, went and visited family. i gave them full strength ff nutes weds. morning before i left and when i came home today i was extremely surprised at the development of growth. i actually have little buds forming now not just pistils :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

i worried about my girls the whole time i was gone and there has been alot of growth since the last update so u may be as surprised as i was.
here they are
DSCN18341.JPG

bubba kush
DSCN1835.JPG

deathstar
DSCN1836.JPG

the roots i mentioned earlier growing out
DSCN18132.JPG
DSCN18123.JPG

and onto the lil ones, i gave these gals a good watering before i left and they have shot up
DSCN1825.JPG
DSCN18264.JPG
DSCN18273.JPG
DSCN18281.JPG
DSCN18301.JPG
DSCN1831.JPG
DSCN18322.JPG
DSCN18334.JPG

so i have a question; if anyone has grown papaya i noticed either a purple or a brown color at the base of the leaves is this normal/ has anyone seen this before? it doesnt seem like its harming anything i just came back to this new color on the plant. i tried to get a pic but my camera cant pick the discoloration up.

well that does it for this update comments/questions/suggestions are always welcome

i love how bushy and massive that big plant is thats awesome as fuck bro! everything looks awesome

i love how bushy and massive that big plant is thats awesome as fuck bro! everything looks awesome

i agree as well, this is my first grow and im trying a bunch of different techniques, i topped the BK and i lst'd the DS. wanted to see which would cause more bush and it seems topping the plant definently makes it bush more then just lst.

thanks for the compliment actually makes me feel like i know wat im doin but ive found that as long as i just routinely water and feed they grow themselves (well duhhhh). in the begginning i was real hands on and now ive just started to let them do they thang and im actually learning to listen to the plants now. this first grow is really teaching me alot about this beautiful plant

Hey bro nice work on the grow so far ladies are looking fantastic!

Nice selcetion on the new seedlings think we may have our seed bank in common.

:thanks: GS, and my seedling choice expresses wat type of smoke i enjoy the most. i like real strong indicas and also the fruity type of smoke. i figure ive got two of both type. it was definitely a long drawn out task to pick wat strains i wanted. countless hours looking at prices, flower times, height, thc%, yield......etc. i find it gets kind of overwhelming with all the choices and seed banks out there. also im a very observant person and i have realised that alot of strains out there are the same strains just diff names from seed companies. they have the same lineage but most likely diff phenos
(pyramidseeds-galaxy, nirvana-aurora indica. check those two out)

i feel you buddy! i have sat back and let my plant grow just stepping in when im needed and shes done amazing for me. its my first grow also and shes getting little buds everywhere its a great feeling i agree! I just LSTd mine, and the clone i took off of it. But i am thinking about topping the clone in the next few days after it gets used to the LST and then topping every other branch that comes off of the stalk, i would top every branch but i dont want to end up stressing her out too much. i dont dig hermies! haha.

Back
Top Bottom