1st Grow - MH/HPS + LED - Advice Welcome!

One last thing - plan on doing my weekly deep clean on Monday. I always clean my light, sweep, spray the room with bleach and water and spray around my building for bugs. Plan on starting to lst my oldest. Think I'm just gonna lst him this time to learn and to keep it simple. I'll keep u posted!

Little update on the girls. These girls are tough! I've had tons of problems on this grow but they are still kicking! Had the over watering issue, knats, and lately had major temperature issues. The weather here has been extremely hot and it was pushing my temps in the mid to high 90s for a few days. I had to roll with the punches and completely cut out my MH. I've learned that it would have been better to start my grow in September to avoid this issue. Oh well. You live and learn. I bought an ac unit and now my temps are great. 70-85. And surprisingly, my mars hydro alone has been working very well. Started LST. Using the tape method. That has also seemed to make a big difference. The last few days they have really been doing great!

Really starting to feel like I'm talking to myself but I'm gonna keep at it anyway. Lol. I start what I finish. Officially at week 4. Stepped nutrients up to %100 and have also been using my HPS again. Been playing with the dimmer and turning the percentage up and down depending on the weather outside. It's working well. Temps staying in the 70-80 range. Also washed my reservoir that I keep my bubbling stone in. Girls are looking better but super short. Lst'd them a little for about a week and a half. Not the traditional way because I waited too long to start. Just pulled the top down for 24 hours and then pulled it the other way the next day. Seemed to make it really bush out. Here are some pics

Screenshot_2015-05-14-20-10-19.png
Screenshot_2015-05-14-20-10-07.png
Screenshot_2015-05-14-20-09-58.png
Screenshot_2015-05-14-20-09-38.png
Screenshot_2015-05-14-20-09-46.png

Just realized I wrote " I start what I finish."
Obviously meant to say "I finish what I start!"
And I'm not even smoking:thumb:

Hey Brother what you have is a Phosphorus Deficiency, Calcium Deficiency isn't rare but it is rare in new soil. Over watering can trigger a phosphorus deficiency and will prevent your plant from being able to properly make energy from light. Cannabis plants love phosphorus and it is not likely for a cannabis plant to get too much phosphorus using standard nutrients.

Your next grow you should start your plants in smaller containers first and pot up as your plants grow, this will allow you to fix any issues more efficiently, it is difficult to overwater a plant in a proper container with a High porosity soil mix.

You should be okay once you get things under control, your damaged leaves are permanent. And your yield should be fine as long as you allow for proper recovery before flowering and also enough veg time. Try not to love them to much :)

SeedLab

Thanks for the support guys! I appreciate you. I severely over watered in the beginning SeedLab so I bet you are right. I have been hitting them with cal mag, epsom salt, bat guano and blood meal. The deficiency doesn't seem to be affecting my new growth so I'm hoping I'm good. I'll be hitting them with a higher phosphorus tea in about a week and a half so hopefully if there is still a slight deficiency in the soil that will fix it.

Also, I've heard starting autos in bigger containers is the way to go. My research showed that autos don't do well with transplanting. Is that bad info SeedLab? This is my 1st Auto grow so I have no experience with this issue. Just going off what I've read.

I don't think it is bad information, it is a technique, honestly I do not have much experience with Auto's I have 20 or 30 under my belt but I treat them the same as any photoperiod plant.

The idea is if you mess up a Photoperiod plant you can veg longer and recover before flowering, with the Auto's you do not have that option as the plant is on a set course to flower.

However transplanting does not have to be a traumatizing experience for a plant if done properly.

I wait till the soil is dry enough that space develops between the soil and the pot, I prepare my transplant area, I fill the target container with enough soil so when I put the root ball in it I have enough space at the top to cover the original root ball with an inch of new soil.

Then I water with RO water Ph'd properly with some calmag. If your roots are healthy there should be little to no shock.
And if there is I have not experienced it but I believe your plant would recover in time for flowering.

This would be a far better scenario than planting initially in a large container, overwatering and waiting longer to recover from the adverse condition.

So it is not bad information if you are not going to make mistakes, I however still make mistakes all the time so I like to be able to recover from them as quick as possible.

That is my "technique"

Cheers

I was hoping to get some input on odor control. I have a 4 in carbon scrubber but I'm worried that might not be enough. Any suggestions? I've read good and bad about Ona products but am on the fence. Any input/experience is greatly appreciated!

Screenshot_2015-05-18-20-57-10.png
Screenshot_2015-05-18-20-56-58.png
Did a little auto experimenting tonight. Gave the 2 of my girls that I have been lst'ing a hair cut! Trimmed all the big fan leaves. They just started to show signs of flowering. I'm leaving the 1 untouched just to see what plants react better. I doubt I'll do another auto grow but I'd like to know just in case I choose to.

not a good Idea to trim fan leaves, Fan leaves are where the plant metabolizes food to feed the nodes they are attached to which essentially is a bud site or a branch that eventually be a bud sight, Only remove fan leaves when they are completely yellow and starting to wilt or turn brown and dry out.

Back
Top Bottom