4 Plants - 3 Strains - Promix HP - 600W MH/HPS

Nice... congrats on the BK harvest.
:Namaste:

I may or may not be harvesting the MKage tomorrow, doing a tric check in the morning. I also weighed the Blue Kush and I got 17.7 grams from it. I could have trimmed it a bit better so I'd say I got a solid 17 grams from it. I'll be testing it tomorrow sometime :)

The harvest is right here, take a look!
20150204_062508_1_.jpg
20150204_062520_1_.jpg
20150204_062532_1_.jpg
20150204_062545_1_.jpg

Then after the chopping
20150204_063639_1_.jpg

Then after the trim
20150204_074505_1_.jpg

And finally hanging up to dry
20150204_080022_1_.jpg

I'm expecting at least an ounce from this plant after drying :) plus all that popcorn bud I'll be adding to the collection. Gotta get some bubble bags soon. Thanks for looking!

And to say a little more about the plant, the roots were more developed than the Blue Kush for sure, but they still had room to grow believe it or not. I'm definitely vegging my next plants an extra week or two. The plant was pretty dang healthy aside from the environment being too dry; I think this hurt my yield because I think the buds were bigger with the humidifier than without, or maybe it's just me. Either way, I've found out the lowest and least harmful humidity level is 20-24%, I won't go under that next time.

That's really nice from one plant! Great job.

For just throwing a clone in and topping it once or twice, yeah it turned out pretty awesome! I'm itching for my next grow to start, I know so much more now than 4 months ago, and it's all thanks to you guys :thumb:

Stealth.... I know EXACTLY how you feel brother! It's been about 7 for me and I didn't know JACK when I got started and all the guys and gals here got me through a successful grow. :)
Gotta love this site~!

For just throwing a clone in and topping it once or twice, yeah it turned out pretty awesome! I'm itching for my next grow to start, I know so much more now than 4 months ago, and it's all thanks to you guys :thumb:

Been a busy past couple of days, doing the Blue Kush review soon, got the 1st MKage curing in jars now and just got done with the last harvest, here it is!
20150209_070750_1_.jpg
20150209_070808_1_.jpg
20150209_070822_1_.jpg
20150209_071742_1_.jpg
20150209_083152_1_.jpg
20150209_085523_1_.jpg

And here's the first MKage curing, I think I got the harvest time almost perfect with this plant
20150209_091547_1_.jpg

And about the last MKage, the root ball was way smaller than I expected, upon pulling out the entire plant from the container I couldn't see any roots! This thing must have been one heck of a grower to get that big without roots ever reaching the sides of the pot. So it seems I need to veg longer next time for sure. The plant was pretty dry also, but I did give it 36 hours of darkness before harvest so I think some moisture made it's way back into the plant. Got a ton of popcorn bud from this last plant, gonna have lots of fun with some bubble bags soon :)

To anyone who sees this in the future, I'm just gonna list off the big things I messed up on this grow so other can learn from my mistakes.
1. ph is important, damn important. I knew nothing about this at the beginning but now I know better. If your ph is off you will pretty much kill off the plant like what happened to my Dark Star.
2. Determining how much nutes to feed. I definitely overfed the first few times but I quickly corrected this before the plants got any worse. The overfeeding mainly affected the Dark Star and Blue Kush. Once I started feeding very tiny amounts during each watering things smoothed out more. I much prefer feeding a tiny bit each time than feeding a big amount once a week or something.
3. Keeping the environment stable. Growing in very humid or dry climates is a challenge I've found out, not to mention trying to keep temps in the right range. My little humidifier worked ok for climate control this time but I need something better for next time.
4. Extra additives to feed alongside nutes. I still don't know much about this but there are tons of additives you can use to boost the plant's 'growing power'. If I had researched more I could have gotten some and ended up with better/healthier plants.
5. Getting down the harvest time right. It's easy to just harvest the plant when you seem some amber, but getting the timing of your final flush right and the subsequent waterings right is difficult. It took one of the MKage's 13 days to dry out from the flush!

So these 5 things were the biggest problems I encountered, hope you guys learn like I did!

Stealth.... That's a really on the mark list! I'll bet that applies to many new growers... I could use just about that same list of things for my "what I screwed up" list. :) We'll improve with experience brother.

I tried the Blue Kush today, it wasn't anything special. Kinda bland taste but still had a little potency, I'd compare it to mids if anything. I might have done a review if it was better but there really isn't anything to say lol. I think the initial overfeeding messed it up, along with some other factors. It looks high quality but doesn't smoke like it. Hopefully the MKage's will be better

Back
Top Bottom