Growing Skunkberry & Purple Sage Strains

4twenty4all

I'm finally getting back into growing since being severly sick with multiple new conditions. I'm growing 15 Skunkberry and 5 Purple Sage plants. They are all from clone. I just put the Purple Sage in the medium yesterday so they are much smaller, but will catch up.

I just finished taking the bottom branches and stripped about 1/2 of the bud sites from the remaining branches. I also just topped them today.

Nutrients:

Blue Planet Nutrients 2 part
Blue Planet Nutrients Early Bloomer
Blue Planet Nutrients Liquid Blue
SuperThrive
Silica
CalMag
Sugaree

Foliar mix for vegetative stage:
Molasses, Seaweed Extract with Iron, Dish Soap

Foliar mix for flowering stage (first 3 weeks only)
Molasses, Seaweed Extract with Iron, Super Bat Tea Bud Swell, Dish Soap

Medium:
Coco
7 gallon grow bags

Room Set up:
9ft x 7ft x 7ft tall flowering room

9ft x 3ft x 7ft tall entrance control room

Air Condition 12,000 BTU window unit

Heat — portable 1500w ceramic heater with thermostat.

"L" Shaped table 42" wide lined with 20mil rubber pond liner
½" PVC 15" tall with tomato trellis netting

4 — 600w 240v HID MH 8" air-cooled lights (This will be changed for flowering. I'll swap out 2 600w lights for 2 1000w lights)

5 plants per light
3 - 1/4" drip lines per plant with a 1" feed line and a 1000gph pump

8" insulated duct between lights

2 — 8" 750CFM centrifugal inline fans for lights (one draws fresh air at beginning of the row of lights and the other is at the end sucking and exhausting out a different hole)

2 — 16' oscillating fans

Restoration dehumidifier with humidistat (Humidity between 45% and 55%)

CO2 enriched 1450ppm — 1800ppm depending on stage of plants

Room temps:
81* lights on
66* lights out

Pics will be posted later today. Thanks for looking...

Re: 2-Part Blue Planet Nutrients growing Skunkberry and Purple Sage strains

DSCN019510.JPG

I ran out of coco and didn't want to buy another bag for one plant so I used perlite with very little coco
DSCN01979.JPG

One skunkberry up close
DSCN01988.JPG

I also have 2, 1/4in circles with tiny holes on the bottom. One is smaller and one is larger to provide even watering.

Hello! What is foilar mix? Is it a solution you spray the leaves with? Also, why do you add soap to it?

If you feel like it, could you tell me a little bit about the Purple Sage strain? It sounds interesting and I couldn't find much about it on google.

Good luck on the grow and hope you get some good medicine to help for your conditions.

Hey Inkdot, the foliar is a liquid that is sprayed on the plants. It gives immediate nutrients to the plant and this one helps with stress. The dish soap is added as a wetting/sticking agent. It helps the nutrients to stick to the leaves. I got the Purple Sage as a clone and this is my first run with it.

Here are the plants 8 days later..... Same nutes as last post.
DSCN020511.JPG

DSCN02007.JPG

Seems like every time I turn around I find another BPN journal. Fantastic stuff, that BPN. I am concerned with your lights on temp. 1 deg above her "tolerance " could spell trouble. Especially when you start flowering with those 1000 watt monsters. How much time between room purging? Complete exchange of air? I am here for the duration. I hope these ladies turn out huge, sticky and stinky.:peace::love::adore::morenutes:

Seems like every time I turn around I find another BPN journal. Fantastic stuff, that BPN. I am concerned with your lights on temp. 1 deg above her "tolerance " could spell trouble. Especially when you start flowering with those 1000 watt monsters. How much time between room purging? Complete exchange of air? I am here for the duration. I hope these ladies turn out huge, sticky and stinky.:peace::love::adore::morenutes:
81* is the highest it gets before the A/C kicks in, then cools it quickly. I'm in a sealed environment and don't exchange air, and I'm running co2. I've run this setup with 4- 1000w lights with no issues, just wasting light. So, I'm running 2- 600w and 2- 1000w lights. BPN is kickin' butt.

I just noticed that I forgot to put the ratios of what I am feeding them at the moment so here ya go:
Product Weeks 1-2
BPN Grow 4 ml/gal
BPN Bloom 4 ml/gal
SuperThrive 0.5 ml/gal
Silica 1.5 ml/gal
CalMag 1 ml/gal

Not showing any signs of deficiencies or burn at these ratios.

Finally getting a chance to update. Everything is going well, although I did find powdery mildew on the clones I purchased. No biggie, I treated them with Eagle-20 so they will be fine... The plants were getting pretty big and bushy so I did some pruning. I'll probably let them veg for another week to ten days then send them to flower. I fed them after pruning and will give them a foliar feeding tomorrow. I'm now running 2 - 600w and 2 - 1000w lights. I'm hoping for 2500g but not sure how much the purple sage will yield. The skunkberry is a pretty big yield-er.
Here is what I fed them today:
Week 3
BPN Grow 5 ml/gal
BPN Bloom 5 ml/gal
SuperThrive 0.5 ml/gal
Silica 1.5 ml/gal
CalMag 1 ml/gal

Water temp 70.1
PH 5.7
PPM 820

Here is a picture of the girls before pruning:
IMG_100614.JPG

After pruning:
IMG_100817.JPG

I brought them up about 3/4ths of the way to eliminate and scraggly buds. I also took off the fan leaves that were blocking smaller growth tips to provide more light.
IMG_100915.JPG

IMG_101011.JPG

Peace

Yeah thats a great setup, 1 day I hope. Nice trimming and training , Subbed mate!

Lookin' proper bro. I'm giving coco a try on this next round, stoked to see how it goes. I see you don't use any perlite with your coco. Some say it helps, some say it doesn't. What's your take on that? Hope you don't mind me asking, but what is your feeding schedule? Do you feed with every water?

Seems like we have a similar setup in terms of medium/nutes. I use the 2-part as well as the Early Bloomer and Liquid Blue. BPN is the bee's knee's ain't it? Take care dude.

re: Growing Skunkberry & Purple Sage Strains

Lookin' proper bro. I'm giving coco a try on this next round, stoked to see how it goes. I see you don't use any perlite with your coco. Some say it helps, some say it doesn't. What's your take on that? Hope you don't mind me asking, but what is your feeding schedule? Do you feed with every water?

Seems like we have a similar setup in terms of medium/nutes. I use the 2-part as well as the Early Bloomer and Liquid Blue. BPN is the bee's knee's ain't it? Take care dude.

Hey Doc! Long time bro! Glad you stopped by. I thought about using perlite but i figured since it drains well I would see how it goes without. I do have a plant in 90% or better perlite. So, we'll get to see how that goes. I have automatic watering set up to water M,W,F 4 times per day for 45 seconds. It keeps it nice and moist and gives it a nice dry out every weekend. I feed with every watering with the exception of usually once in mid-veg, once between veg and flower, once in mid-flower, and then 10 - 14 days at end of flower. I use a light nutrient solution of about 350ppm when flushing. I agree that BPN 2part with Early Bloomer and Liquid Blue is working out well. It's easy and I haven't seen one deficiency or lockout as with some other brands.

Here are some pictures of the girls before they go to flower within a few days. I just have to get the motivation to get the screen on and manipulate the plants ;-)

DSCN025210.JPG

You can see the 5 smaller plants: 3 in back left and 2 in front left, are the Purple Sage which were about 10 days behind.
DSCN02538.JPG

Damn they got bushy!
DSCN02565.JPG

Nice journal/grow room mate! Complete newb on coco is that like a soil substitute almost?

Hey DocDee, it can be used as a substitute soil-less mix for soil. You use same guidelines for this type of growing as you do for hydro. Hope you find all the info you need to help if you decide to grow ;-)

Thanks for the reply! Am currently in a rockwoll filled container grow but am in the process of upgrading to the Titan flo n gro system! Real excited! Gonna be putting up a journal by the end of this month hopefully! Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Right on bro, thanks. I was curious if any salts build up in the coco when feeding every watering, but a good flush here and there will take care of that. I like the auto watering setup, seems like that's the standard when using coco.

I'm right there with ya on the BPN. I've never used any of the top of the line nutes such as Advanced, but I know BPN is on that level. Like you said, no deficiencies, no lockouts since making the switch to Blue Planet.

Take it easy 4twenty... Have a good week, I'll check in with you later.

Hey Doc! I don't run the risk of extra salt build up because I only water enough to wet just outside of the root zone. Once the plants are a few weeks old I use the automatic watering because the roots are throughout the pot by that time.

Sending to flower today! Now it's gonna get good! I had to raise the screen by about 6 inches to avoid breaking some of the larger ones. They will receive the following nutrients until next Monday:
BPN Grow 2.5 ml/gal
BPN Bloom 2.5 ml/gal
Silica 1 ml/gal
CalMag .5 ml/gal

Water temp 69.8
PH 5.8
PPM 410

Screened and ready to go!
1-IMG_1024.JPG

2-IMG_1025.JPG

3-IMG_1026.JPG

Peace

Your only doing 2.5 ml per ?? They look beautiful am I doing something wrong because I'm at 10 ml per and in roughly the same stage.

Back
Top Bottom