1st Soil Grow 2010 BB - LOG - AP - PG - MB - HB

Re: AW's 1st Soil Grow 2010 BB - LOG - AP- PG - MB - HB

Thank you for the input. I think I am going to go ahead and start the flower cycle today. They have been vegging for 4 weeks now and don't seem to be in any shock from the clones I took on Saturday. I will be switching to my HPS 600 Watt bulb.

The clones in the tote haven't wilted yet so still holding out hope for them. :wood:

Also, I have been rotating my plants in the tent so that they receive equal amounts of light. They seem to be realatively all the same height except for one. :)

I picked up some Safer 3-in-1 Garden Spray and Grow More Cactus Juice Fertilizer today. The NPK on the Cactus Juice is 1-7-6 plus 1% Calcium. Label says to use 1 tsp per gallon of water. I was thinking of just using the VF-11 as a vegetation fertlizer. I don't think I am going to use the molasses until 4-5 weeks into flowering.

The Cactus Juice should be okay to use as a Flower Fertilizer, right?

FLOWER THOSE BITCHS, if they are 2 feet tall already they will be too big for the size of your grow room. I'm putting mine into flowering in a few days and the plants are just now getting to 12 " on there own . Your blue berry looks fucking good man. looks like you will be smoking down before i do . Ill be checking in here alot !

check out my grow -Take Two on the Clones

:welcome: and :thanks:

Yeah, the plants themselves are 18 inches plus 10 inches for the pot. My tent is almost 7 feet tall. I was going to start the flower cycle last night, but I sprayed the Safer 3 in 1 instead. I didn't want to leave the lights off while the spray dried.

I still need input on the Catcus Juice Fertilizer.

UPDATE: Safer 3 in 1 Burnt Plant Leaves & Left Sodium Residue

Active Ingrediants: potassium salts of fatty acids (.75%) and sulfur (.4%)

Safer_3_In_1_Spray_RTU.jpg

NOT TO BE CONFUSED With Safer Concern® Garden Defense, RTU with Neem Oil

My poor babies are now very stressed. I sprayed the leaves with plain Spring Water hoping to get majority of the salt off of them. I can't flower now due to stress so I guess I will just wait until the 13th. The stupid thing is that I didn't "need" to spray the leaves, but I did it as a precaution due to entering flower cycle. Also, it wasn't due to my lights because I raised them more than 4 feet high until the leaves were dry.

Oh well...live and learn. :oops:

Burnt_Leaves_Plus_Residue_1_.JPG

Burnt_Leaves_Plus_Residue_3_.JPG

Burnt_Leaves_Plus_Residue_2_.JPG

Well CRAP! Now I have a huge infestation of thrips. I don't know where the hell they came from, but now they are all over. I even had yellow sticky cards in the tent as early warning signs. I'm going to go buy some Spinosad ASAP. The thrips have already attacked my new growth so definetly can't flower until this is under control. :lot-o-toke:

Here is a picture of one of the yellow sticky cards I put at the bottom of the tent at 5:00am. The card became this full in less than 8 hours.

Yellow_Sticky_Card_Thrips.JPG

Well CRAP! Now I have a huge infestation of thrips. I don't know where the hell they came from, but now they are all over. I even had yellow sticky cards in the tent as early warning signs. I'm going to go buy some Spinosad ASAP. The thrips have already attacked my new growth so definetly can't flower until this is under control. :lot-o-toke:

Here is a picture of one of the yellow sticky cards I put at the bottom of the tent at 5:00am. The card became this full in less than 8 hours.

Yellow_Sticky_Card_Thrips.JPG

That is a ton of thrips. At least you know the card works, might be time to buy a few dozen!

I bought Green Light's Spinosad Concentrate for $14 at my local nursery. The thrips are all going to die a slow painful death! ROFL I will post pictures later with an update.

I do have more cards. In fact I have the cards in the pots with plants already. Those cards don't have very many thrips on them. I bought a package of the yellow sticky cards at OSH and then cut the cards into three pieces to make them last longer. They are double sided and I only use on side at a time.

GOOD NEWS UPDATE:

All thrips appear to be DEAD! I think the Safer 3 in 1 shocked the thrips which brought them out so I could see them. This Spinosad seems to kill them rather quickly. I sprayed the bottom & sides of my tent, the pot trays, the pot themselves, top of the soil, and all over the plant's leaves & stems. I have yellow sticky cards all over with no signs of bugs on them or anything moving in the tent. My plants seem to be recovering from the Safer 3 in 1 spray as well. :grinjoint:

I also have a root forming on one of my Lemon OG Kush clones. Its been 4 days since I cut them. The root is not big enough for me to take a picture yet, but once it is I will upload it. I accidentally left the pump unplugged today while moving stuff around. It was the only time I have seen the clones wilt. Once I plugged in the pump, within 30 mins the leaves were back to normal. At least I now know they all are still absorbing water from the stem.

I can't wait to see how many will have roots by Saturday (7 days) :wood:

Edit:

Does anyone know if I can machine was the pre-filter on my carbon filter? If yes, can you recommend a washing & dryer cycle? Thank you!

This week has been crazy since college just started again. I began watering with the Cactus Juice and still using Superthrive. I also used Organocide as one last step prior to flower. They are getting huge (~3 ft) and majority have recovered from the thrip damage. I had to seperate the plants to take pictures tonight. I haven't seen any adult thrips after the Spinosad, but I am sure I have larva in the soil. Organocide is supposed to kill the larva and it is also a fungacide. :grinjoint:

The clones in my DIY Aeroponic station are still alive with no signs of wilting unless I forget to plug in the pump. Most of the Lemon OG Kush have tiny roots and the rest have bumps. They are taking a lot longer to root than I expected, but I also didn't add any rooting hormone to the reservoir until last Saturday (added Superthrive). I did use a rooting powder at the time of cutting my clones. I also added H2O2 which helped clear a smell that was developing. Next time I will buy some Clonex Solution to see if they root faster.

As of midnight 9-14-2010 my babies began their dark period to start their flower cycle. I switched out the MH bulb with my HPS bulb. Seems like it is warmer in the tent now, but temps still okay. I also cleaned the reflector glass and it really needed it. LOL

Here are the pictures I took with the HPS light on before dark cycle:

5_Weeks_Vegetation_3_.JPG
5_Weeks_Vegetation_4_.JPG
5_Weeks_Vegetation_2_.JPG
5_Weeks_Vegetation_6_.JPG
5_Weeks_Vegetation_1_.JPG

I added some ladybugs and they seem to be happy in the tent. You may see some dead ones in the pictures I took this week. I didn't have a chance to vaccuum them up yet, but I will tonight when I water. I think I will start molasses next week. I think the plants are doing really well now. :grinjoint:

New Picture Update:

They have been flowering for a week now. I can't believe how much they are growing! :yahoo:

1st_Week_Flower_1_.JPG
1st_Week_Flower_2_.JPG
1st_Week_Flower_3_.JPG
1st_Week_Flower_4_.JPG

I have many updates this week. First I will discuss the DIY Cloner station and the results. The clones have been in the station for 3 weeks. At 2 weeks I had very little root growth so I added a timer (30 mins on/ 30 mins off) and an air pump with air stone for added oxygen. Within one week of the change majority of the clones had roots and six of the clones had enough roots to be planted. Out of the 25 clones taken two have died. In the future, I will use the timer and air pump from the beginning and will probably get much better results in less time.

Here are the pictures of the clone's roots:

P1030132.JPG
P1030135.JPG

We also decided to build a DIY Seed Box. The box started with a trainwreck bag seed, but it died. Next we soaked 20 white widow x creeper cross bag seeds in water for 24 hours then planted into a jiffy soil & perlite mix. Three days later we had our first sprout and they keep popping up. Out of the 20 seeds, four failed to split open.

Here are DIY Seed Box pictures:

P1030075.JPG

P1030124.JPG

P1030078.JPG

P1030121.JPG

Here are the White Widow x Creeper Seedlings:

Day 3 After Planting:
Widow_Bag_Seed_9-24-2010.JPG

Widow_Bag_Seed_9-24-2010_2_.JPG

Day 4 After Planting:
Widow_Bag_Seed_9-25-2010_1_.JPG

Day 5 After Planting: