Sloppy's Soil Purple & Green Queen Grow Journal - 2014

Got it. Apparently just by posting in a thread it auto subscribes since I am already subbed. Anyways, thanks. I posted that pic you wanted in my journal. Take care

I have two "cold air registers" /air intakes for fresh air exchange. Have a box built to hold frozen gallon bottles, so all incoming air passes over them. My version of a "swamp cooler". Works good for what it is, and cheap.

I have two "cold air registers" /air intakes for fresh air exchange. Have a box built to hold frozen gallon bottles, so all incoming air passes over them. My version of a "swamp cooler". Works good for what it is, and cheap.

That's exactly what I did. Got a rubbermade tub and cut wholes for in and out and ran my intake through it. so thats my AC/humidifier for now. it will get a big chunk of ice from the store when humid is low and frozen 2-liters on reg. days.

Mmmkay, if this is Kharma then I must have lead the crusades or something...

So when the power went out apparently it blew a fuse or something... i hope its a fuse. The circuit my lights were on is gone. flipping the breaker isnt doin it, thing is dead. just so you know it is a 15 amp fuse, and im using 8 to 9 amps when everything is running, so I should be ok there. stupid power. but, anyway. this is how the light cycle ended up because of the problems:

18-6 , 18-6 , 6-6 , 2-12 , 10-6 , and then it will be corrected to follow 18-6 again... Im not sure what to do as I have heard of plants going hermi when you have cycle problems like this.

any suggestions? return to 18-6? push to 12-12? I planned on switching to flower VERY soon anyway.

Not sure what the best answer is, but think I would go to 12/12 now and hope for the best. No hermies, no hermies, no hermies. Repeat 25 times and all will be well (old wives tale).

Not sure what the best answer is, but think I would go to 12/12 now and hope for the best. No hermies, no hermies, no hermies. Repeat 25 times and all will be well (old wives tale).

That's what I was thinking. while they were all confused throw em over and maybe they will say "oh, thats why I was confused" and not think they are going to die.

I went ahead and said it 26 times, got down on the floor with my rug facing east counting rosary beads and threw in some Hail Mary (the Tupac version), I was thinking of sacrificing a bull, or maybe a Virgin, but those are hard to find nowadays. trying to think of any other deities I may have swore at in a haze induced stupor this weekend...

ok, so problems are abundant and my noobness on the indoor side has become apparent. so far my problems have consisted of but are not limited to:
Mites
High Temps
Over watering
over feeding
light cycle problems
humidity
soil setup
too little Training, not enough light pen.
and just some overall first time blunders.

The good thing is that i learn well from mistakes and am optimistic for my next grow, which just started. I took 8 cutting from the Green girls, and 7 from the Purple 3 days ago and they don't look dead yet so my fingers are crossed.

If you took the cuttings from the mite plants make sure you check them for mites. Water less the plants dont like to swim. One good water every 3 days or so is plenty. Overwatering and the heat will contribute to excess humidity. You want 72-84 F The excess water combined with the heat and humidity are thriving conditions for those mites. Clear those issues up and you will do better. Good luck

If you took the cuttings from the mite plants make sure you check them for mites. Water less the plants dont like to swim. One good water every 3 days or so is plenty. Overwatering and the heat will contribute to excess humidity. You want 72-84 F The excess water combined with the heat and humidity are thriving conditions for those mites. Clear those issues up and you will do better. Good luck

thank you very much. good info.

my overwatering problem came when I used a different soil than what I had started with when I transplanted. The new Soil that is now on the outside of the old, root filled soil hold water for a LONG time. So, I learned that lesson.

I was thinking of the next grow just going straight to my big pots from the cloner. Is there any benefit to starting in a smaller pot and working your way up? or am I ok starting in larger containers?

Conventional wisdom says that transplanting is better for root growth and holds the plants in place better. I personally grow in the final container because transplanting could stop growth for up to 2 weeks until the plants fully recover and the roots are firmly set. In my mind the only time transplant is needed is when deciding to make a normal plant that is growing above and beyond to make it a mother and take clones from it after it has been sexed.

:cheer:PICS!!!!!!:cheer:

CottonBall.png

Cottonball_Buds.jpg

This is where we are at.

nice pictures. Some of you must have really good cameras. The clarity is really good. Im stuck using a camera phone for now but if y journal gets more people posting I might go get a better camera.

If you havent fixed the problems yet I am willing to go through 1 at a time with you and fix them. If it happens to be something i do not know then i will be happy to research it. Just let me know

Back
Top Bottom