1st Soil Grow 2010 BB - LOG - AP - PG - MB - HB

The plants in the tent have been in flower cycle for 2 weeks now. I think the buds are already getting big and the plants themselves had a huge growth spurt.

2nd Week Flower Pictures:

8_2nd_Week_Flower.JPG

P1030140.JPG

P1030146.JPG

P1030147.JPG

P1030149.JPG

No it isn't just foam, it is a material called Neoprene. You can find it at most Hydroponic stores or on ebay. The Neoprene inserts come in all different sizes and density. You want medium or high density inserts. You can use the Neoprene inserts on their own, but I like to use net pots for added durability so I don't have to worry about plants falling through from the top. I also cut the ends of the net pots off so the roots dont get tangled in them. Here is an ebay store that sells the Neoprene

I know its been a while since my last update. The flowers are getting big. I have pictures from week 3 & 4 that I will post later tonight. I will also take new pictures tomorrow for week 5 of flower. Let me know what you guys think so I am not posting all these pictures in vain. :)

Can someone tell me if the flowers will continue to get bigger? I haven't noticed much growth in the last week.

Are you sure the last picture is a hermie? The picture is from the Hogg's Breath which I was thinking about taking out early anyway because the trichomes are starting to turn milky.

Could it be possible that its just in that one bud or more likely the entire plant?

When do the pollen sacks start to open?

Well that works out not to bad then. I couldn't tell you if its just the budsite or the whole plant. I'd say most likely the whole girl though. But if you were about to pull her might as well. It's up to you, check over the plant for more. And check out Tmac's thread in journal in progress as well called "sunni a pheno clone" you'll see they've just found hermieness to, just for comparison if you want. Great grow though AW.

:thanks:

Thank you for telling me about them. I checked the plant today and sure enough majority of the upper buds had bananas. It doesn't look like they have opened up yet. I went ahead and seperated it from the rest of my plants. I will harvest it later tonight. So far it is only this strain that has the bananas.

Did you end up giving her the chop?? I feel for you, I had 2 turn hermie once and was torn between giving them a good flush or chopping them, the trichs where still clear with maybe 5%, but atleast the buds had filled in pretty much already. Still it always seem like these things have perfect timing like that.
Your plant looks like it'll be great smoke non the less.:thumb:

Yeah I went ahead and chopped it. Majority of the trichomes were milky, but no amber colored ones at all. I trimmed the large fan leaves off and hanged the buds on a dryer rack. I really don't know how to trim yet. LOL I used fishing line to hang a few of the buds. I have aphrodite I have to cut up that was moved outside. Do you think its okay to hang outside bud next to indoor bud?

Here is a picture:

P1030415.JPG

:hookah: Looks good...as for the buds hangin together, I don't see why not?? As long as theres not something wrong with the outdoor buds thats makin you think diff I guess.

But Isee your using a Ona deoderizer in that pic but earlier in your tent you have a carbon filter too... Are you running both?? Does the Ona take care of the smell of a tent the same size as yours??? I'm lookin at getting some, but didn't know if it was worth it.

I'm having a huge problem with smell. The carbon filter should take care of it, but it isn't. So I made a DIY bucket that you see in the photo. I use plant water crystals with Odoban which I buy at Homedepot (much cheaper than onagel). It was working great for a while then I had to step it up another notch. Now I have an ona spray releasing every 9 minutes just outside of the intake fan so portions of the spray goes into the tent. The people at the hyrdoponic store said my plants must be really potent with the measures I am using to control the smell.

Here are some pictures of flowers from week 6:

P1030413.JPG

P1030394.JPG

P1030391_1_.JPG

P1030390.JPG

WOW bro this a great looking grow!! I'm new to growing and I was wondering if I could ask you a question?

Anyway I can see it looks like your plants have multiple stems from one plant, did it grow that way or did you top/fim them?

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Smoke Reports forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom