1st time grower needing advice

I am trying my hand at growing so I can hopefully, eventually, supply myself with a steady medicinal supply of what actually works for me. Right now the random stuff I get is way too hit or miss, and my state is behind on legalization.

With that said, I am just trying to grow 1 plant for now to get a feel for it. I went through CKS, Crop King Seeds, and I have a fem auto strain called Revolver (NYC Diesel x White Widow). It germed, I planted, and it popped up on May 16th, so it's just over 4 weeks old. Everything was going smoothly growing out in my garage until we had a heat wave last week. My self-made grow cabinet (32"H x 18"W x 21"D) got up to 120 on the worst day with 7 23W 65K CFL going about 6 inches from the top of the plant.

I couldn't do anything about it until this week, so I moved the cabinet into my closet and have kept it between 70-80 with 45-60% humidity since then. I went down to just 4 23W bulbs and raised them another 6 inches, as well as installing a small fan that blows air just over the bucket and just under the lights.

It was growing like crazy before the heat wave and maybe I've just been checking on it so much lately I'm not seeing it grow but I feel like it should be much bigger by this point, so I'm worried I didn't get it out of the heat soon enough.

Im growing in a 5 gallon bucket with holes drilled in the bottom and sides near the bottom. It is 2/3 filled with FoxFarm Ocean Forest. I hadn't used any nutes until yesterday (I thought I had a Nitrogen deficiency first, still not sure) and I used Espoma Organic Grow! at 2/3 strength.

In my search to figure out what I need to do to save my girl, I realized I underestimated the importance of what water I used and it's ph level. I do not have a soil tester yet, and probably will not be able to get one until Tuesday. The water where I live is pretty hard and I have just been using straight tapwater, not letting it stand first or anything.

I will add my pictures after posting this. Please take a look and let me know what you think I need to do, or if I left out any info needed.

420-magazine-mobile1116722315.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2053017962.jpg

I was just checking on my girl this morning and saw that the tips of a couple of the leaves are curling down. I'm sure this indicates a problem, but I don't know what. Does anyone know?

I thought of some other details I left out that may help with a diagnosis.

I have been running my lights at 20/4, with my lights out in the evening (this is a stealth grow since my house is being remodeled by my father in law). I changed it to 18/6 last night thinking that may help.

I started the grow with the same grow medium and 5 gallon bucket. I was trying to avoid transplanting since it's an auto. Also, at the start of the grow I was just using a 27 watt cheapo LED flood light type grow light. It was about 8 inches away, which is way too close for an LED. I found that out a little later than I would've liked, so I changed over to CFLs around 2 weeks into the grow.

After some research I am wondering if using hardwater has raised the Ph too high locking out Potassium. Does anyone agree or disagree?

I have recreated this thread in the Problems, Pests, and Disease Control forum. Please reply on that thread.

Back
Top Bottom