2 Week Old Seedlings - Please Help!

1sttimesocal

Hi! I'm on the second week of my first grow with two seedlings in 18 oz solo cups. I used XLR8's germination technique using a Root Riot tray and transplanted to solo cups full of coco when the seedlings were a week old. I gave them their first nutrient feeding (10 ml coco A / 10 ml coco B / 2 ml CalMag / 1 gallon RO water) and they seemed to be doing well. I have been misting them about once a day with RO water when the top 1 1/2 inches of coco dries out. Just for added information, I have them under one 105 watt 6500k CFL bulb and one 65 watt 6500k CFL bulb -- I switch which plant is under which light once a day (just in case).

Yesterday, the leaves of my Chocolope Kush seedling started to wilt and droop downward. After some research, I figured this was due to overwatering, and I held off on watering them for a day. Meanwhile, the leaves of my White Russian were looking healthy, although mostly reaching upwards toward the light (not stretching, per se, it's more that the leaves hadn't fanned out yet).

Today, the Chocolope looks much worse (even more wilted and droopy) and the White Russian has started to look poorly too -- the leaves have started to curl on top of themselves and moved downward.

I fed the plants nutrients today -- the second feeding of their lives -- 15 ml coco A / 15 ml coco B / 4 ml CalMag / 1 gallon RO water. Now I'm waiting to see if there's any positive change.

Can anyone give me some advice on what I might be doing wrong? I'm planning on transplanting them outside, but don't want to shock them just yet due to this new development. Have I not been feeding them enough nutrients? Am I watering too much? Too little? Is it a humidity problem? I've done a lot of reading online and can't seem to diagnose what's going on. Any help would be appreciated!!! Thank you...
Chocolope Kush - 6.24.14
chocolope6_24_14.JPG

Chocolope Kush 6.25.14
chocolope6_25_14.JPG

White Russian - 6.24.14
whiterussian6_24_14.JPG

White Russian 6.25.14
whiterussian6_25_14.JPG

Grow Room
growroom6_25_14.JPG

Whats up, srry for your plants.. I had 1 looking like that and she came back.
what did u do with the stem ? u tied it up before or after they start to wilting down? they show on youtube how to put a straw on the stems so the plants go straight up or if you broke any little stem...
I had more seeds and I only started with calmag and nutrients after 3 to 4 weeks. just gave them distilled water and something really mild solution for the roots like clonex liquid. I also let them inside of a dome for 2 weeks, taking it off some times at the day so they got used to the new humidity... take it easy with the little ones, just spray some water over them and inside of dome so they have good humidity... keep the lights close but make sure they are not too hot for them so close to the bulb.
I see the fan but I don't know if ur using it or not, so I didn't use it too close when they are that small.. maybe started using a little later on...
You didn't say anything about PH of the water... have u checked ? check the ppm of your water with the nutrients.... google basic mistakes on first growers etc....
I'm not an expert but.
Hope they get better...

I think it might be your use of nutrients. In soil the first couple weeks you don't need to feed because depending on what soil your using it will have micro and macro nutrients already in it. I would wait until you see some leaves to use nutrients.

Hi! I'm on the second week of my first grow with two seedlings in 18 oz solo cups. I used XLR8's germination technique using a Root Riot tray and transplanted to solo cups full of coco when the seedlings were a week old. I gave them their first nutrient feeding (10 ml coco A / 10 ml coco B / 2 ml CalMag / 1 gallon RO water) and they seemed to be doing well. I have been misting them about once a day with RO water when the top 1 1/2 inches of coco dries out. Just for added information, I have them under one 105 watt 6500k CFL bulb and one 65 watt 6500k CFL bulb -- I switch which plant is under which light once a day (just in case).

Yesterday, the leaves of my Chocolope Kush seedling started to wilt and droop downward. After some research, I figured this was due to overwatering, and I held off on watering them for a day. Meanwhile, the leaves of my White Russian were looking healthy, although mostly reaching upwards toward the light (not stretching, per se, it's more that the leaves hadn't fanned out yet).

Today, the Chocolope looks much worse (even more wilted and droopy) and the White Russian has started to look poorly too -- the leaves have started to curl on top of themselves and moved downward.

I fed the plants nutrients today -- the second feeding of their lives -- 15 ml coco A / 15 ml coco B / 4 ml CalMag / 1 gallon RO water. Now I'm waiting to see if there's any positive change.

Can anyone give me some advice on what I might be doing wrong? I'm planning on transplanting them outside, but don't want to shock them just yet due to this new development. Have I not been feeding them enough nutrients? Am I watering too much? Too little? Is it a humidity problem? I've done a lot of reading online and can't seem to diagnose what's going on. Any help would be appreciated!!! Thank you...
Chocolope Kush - 6.24.14
chocolope6_24_14.JPG

Chocolope Kush 6.25.14
chocolope6_25_14.JPG

White Russian - 6.24.14
whiterussian6_24_14.JPG

White Russian 6.25.14
whiterussian6_25_14.JPG

Grow Room
growroom6_25_14.JPG

I'm no expert but also overwatered mine recently around the same stage you appear to be, the only advice I would give you is stop watering them everyday man its too much and they don't need it. I would let them dry out for a couple of days now till top layer of soil is dry.

yeah and maybe move ur fan ur plants only get so much water and use very little seeing that they are just babies the soil will dry out quicker and just as the same as moisture if u have the heat and fan next to your plants it will dry them quicker try adding some sort of water in there to let it evaporate and create moisture for them to stay healthy
seedlings need 60-75% of moisture and 70-90*f to prosper

goodluck man keep us updated:)

Back
Top Bottom