2 X Heavyweight Strawberry Cheesecake SCROG 800W MH/HPS Grow

Shes gonna be a beast man, she looks great!

I just finished a plant with a 45 day veg and she put out 740 grams wet. Yours will out do my previous girl by far because I did not SCRoG it.

Looking forward to see the end result boss, good luck :)

Update: Week 9 Veg

Plant is looking very healthy so far, no sign of any deficiency, yellowing or anything :)
I only have a 20-20-20 Nute that i bought from the garden shop. Been feeding every other watering.
Right now iam about 80 % full on the Scrog net.
IMAG021216.jpg

IMAG021521.jpg
IMAG020917.jpg

How long do you guys think i should veg more for ? i was thinking 10 more days until i am at 90% full on the net ?
any thoughts ?

The area is about 1m X 1m

Hey heisenberg420, great job man!
Your plant looks super healthy and happy! I will be following this journal closely as I'm doing something similar and this is exactly how I would want mine to look.
Hopefully I can get mine to behave like yours...
As for the flip... I reckon you could flip anytime now ( and it's just my humble opinion ) but I have done a few scrogs in the past and these plants stretch a lot! Sometimes they grow three times as big as when they were first flipped. I have had them completely fill the screen and then continue to climb high up the walls of the grow space.

Either way, best of luck. It's going to be an epic grow!
I will keep checking in and giving my 2 pennies worth here and there, maybe you can check out my first journal and bounce some fresh ideas my way.
Peace bro.

Hey heisenberg420, great job man!
Your plant looks super healthy and happy! I will be following this journal closely as I'm doing something similar and this is exactly how I would want mine to look.
Hopefully I can get mine to behave like yours...
As for the flip... I reckon you could flip anytime now ( and it's just my humble opinion ) but I have done a few scrogs in the past and these plants stretch a lot! Sometimes they grow three times as big as when they were first flipped. I have had them completely fill the screen and then continue to climb high up the walls of the grow space.

Either way, best of luck. It's going to be an epic grow!
I will keep checking in and giving my 2 pennies worth here and there, maybe you can check out my first journal and bounce some fresh ideas my way.
Peace bro.

Hey Truck, thanks for your comments man :)
Yeah ive had the same thing happen to me before, but i wasnt scroging and they grew very tall.

Only difference is was that i was growing sativas.

May i ask , were u growing a sativa or an indica when they grew very tall after the stretch ?
Ill sure be checking up on your journal..
peace

Subscribed! Great looking plant you got there mate I will be following this journal & hopefully pick up a few new things from you ! Thanks again for the advice u gave on my journal it does help as I am new to all this :thumb:

Thanks Stoney :)
Your grow is looking amazing man ! my first grow was a mess !
I am subbed on yours as well, how long you thinking about vegging for ?

Update : Week 10 Veg

Everything is looking great so far, have atleast 60 bud sites showing at the moment and the net is at 90% full.
I am thinking about flipping to 12/12.
I also have 2 X 400 HPS lights that i will be installing instead of the MH.

Here's a picture of what it looks like at the moment.
IMAG0216_1.jpg

Can anyone give any advice on trimming ? when shall i be trimming and what shall i be removing ? I have only removed a bit of the undergrowth at the moment but its very bushy

by the way. This grow is done using 2x 400W flood lights used for buildings and sports fields
you can pick those up for about 50$ each including the ballast. Just proves that you don't really need very expensive equipment to grow big. i just hope the yield good.
We'll see ..

It's looking good man! I reckon she's gonna be loaded with bud all over!

As for your earlier question, I was growing mostly 50/50 hybrids ( although jack herer was my favourite) so that one was a little bit sativa dominant. And it stretched like mad in the flowering time.

Update: Week 1 Flowering

Everything is looking great so far, not a single deficiency/yellowing :)
They have only been flipped 4 days ago and i am surprised that i can see the plant showing tiny little buds already !

I am currently using a 20-20-20 and i am afraid its the only thing i have and will be able to get. I live in a country where you cant find nutes with low N in any garden shop. But since things are going great, i might as well keep going what i am doing right ?

I have a PPM Meter, and it might not be important to use in a soil grow, but the nutes i have says 1 table spoon with every litre, but when i tried that , the reading on the ppm meter after i filled my bucked was 750 PPM so i figured it might be a weak one, so i uped the dosage so my bucket has a PPM of 1500.

Ive been feeding with 1500 PPM every single watering for the past 3 weeks and haven't a single sign of nute burn so far.. Shall i keep doing that ? does this strain maybe like nutes so much ?

is it ok if i keep using the 20-20-20 ? are there any disadvantages ? remember its my only option..

IMAG0226_1_.jpg

So far I have been able to adjust my nutrients according to the phase of growth that my plants were in, so I can't speak from any experience what so ever....
But I have read up on nutrients on a few websites and forums and the general consensus is that too much Nitrogen during the flowering phase could lead to a few issues.

Nitrogen is responsible for promoting vigorous plant growth and development and is the major contributor to chlorophyll ( green matter )production during photosynthesis. So when you are trying to get big healthy green bushy leaves, nitrogen is what you want the most of.
When the plant is concentrating its efforts towards bud production, it uses up more phosphorous and kind of holds back on the nitrogen. ( it no longer needs much chlorophyll production)
So now, what the peeps are all saying is.... Too much nitrogen during the flowering phase can lead to stunted smaller light buds and stringy stretchy lanky plant growth.
Also, because of the slower uptake up nitrogen during the flowering phase, most of the nitrogen is pulled from the leaves of the plant instead of from the root system. ( creating a yellowing from the bottom of the plant up, towards the end of the life cycle.) If nitrogen is still quite high in the soil, the leaves will recover and there will be a definite "freshly cut lawn" flavour and aroma to the buds. They all recommend to cut the nitrogen feeding down towards the end of flowering so that the plant can naturally use up all the chlorophyll in its leaves, resulting in a better cure.

As I said, this is not from personal experience.
Go check out some recipes for making your own flowering fertiliser from easily available products.
Also... Try find out more information on your strain. Some might need heavier feeding than others,

Back
Top Bottom