2005 Mod Elections

Founder
Who wants to be a mod and why?

What forum would you like to moderate and why?

How are you going to make this a better place and why should I pick you?

I currently need news hawks and moderators for numerous forums.

I would like to be a mod.
I love this forum, and pot. I basically go here every day since I joined. You can tell by my post count.
What forums are open? Actually, it's better to ask, what forums are already taken...
I consider myself fairly knowledgeable on the subject of cannabis and would love to help you raise cannabis awareness through education... I think I am a good representative of the marijuana community...
I plan on staying around the forums for as long as they are up, and taking a more active role in administrating the place would be awesome.

I used to own a message forum back in the day, which had over 1000 members at one point before the site got shut down, and I still moderate at another forum that is fairly popular:

Total Topics: 3014 - Total Posts: 46798 Total Members: 2278

Keep in mind, that it gets pruned every so often, so old topics and posts get deleted.

I know what i'm doing, and I could do it well. Any forum would be fine, in all honesty. I currently mod a "A/V" section of a website, which is mostly videography and photography questions, and I also mod a "Homegrown" section, which has NOTHING to do with marijuana, its just a place to talk about whatever.

Besides, I have a shitty job and I hardly work, so im online 24/7. Sure, my post count may not be gigantic, but i'm always lurking here.

Now, its time to roll one up :D

If you elect me, I will give free joints to everyone!!! (No, not really.)

Rob,
I would love to go into vast detail and give you several reasons for you to choose me, but the truth is I'm not one to try and impress people with my experience so I'm just gonna make it short and sweet -

I'm honest
I'm fair
I'm here everyday dispite working 50 to 72 hours a week
I know much about cannibis and its many benifits
and i work my ass off every day to keep things together, so i can relate with you and your neverending quest.

I appriciate you giving us this opportunity, nice change from just voting from a list of nomeniees.

don't hold back felix, i want to hear everything you have and want to say...
the more you say, the better i can understand you...
it could help sway my decision in your favor...

well . . . ok

I have this uncanny gift from God for proofreading and editing, (I pointed out errors in my textbooks to my high school teachers) I'm not sure if that could help you or not but take it as you will. I,m competent with a computer and have some experience involving ip adresses. I'm a very calm, even tempered, mature person in my mid-twenties with an I.Q. last tested at 141 and, being a libra, naturally find the solution to a situation that will best benefit all members involved.

If i had to make a choice of forum to moderate I believe I would choose 'General 420 Talk' as that is the forum I frequent the most.

I want you to know that even though I work alot, I still have plenty of time in the evenings to do my part in the war on cannibis prohibition and may even be able to adjust my budget to help fund the site.

Thanks again man..... without you, none of this would be possible.

Philie, you are a true life hero man.
if I had to salute anyone as my new mod, I would be proud for it to be none other than the mako canon carrying, chocobo riding MoFo known as the King of all Philies and his indomitable .PEACE.

i think both of you guys sound like awsome mods and you have a shit load senority then i do but i would love to be a mod, i like tryin to figure others ppls problems out

i would like to be a mod ( i know i pmed you rob but id liek fothe members to see if they like my idea cuase they do have input) in the srtain froum because i find it to be a vey intersting, i know quite a bit on the topic and if i dont know it i will look for it unitill i find something on the topic that may be helpfull. but i would be just as happy if one of those two were picked because they would perpresent the site very well and imm sure i would also but they have been here longer so il lunderstatnd if i dont get appointed mod but i would like it veryy much if i were

Thanks dudes!

I'd do it again, but I dont think 420 likes me anymore, since last time i was made a mod i disappeared for a while (had some personal issues that needed tending), and anyways, Pinch does a wonderful job with the Medical Marijuana forum.

I'd like to be a mod even though I've only been here a little more than 6 months. I understand the rules of the board and I respect others opinions, even if we don't see eye to eye. I try and check the boards atleast one time every day, sometimes two days. I enjoy eveyone here and how it is a fun, open place.
I really just like being on this site and I'm willing to help out anyway possible. Plus, I think I'm a pretty nice guy?? LOL

Stay Up!

yea but im on here anyway so might as well try and help whyll im here.

I too would like to nominate J842P. he is usually very diplomatic about situations, unlike myself. altho i enjoy his opinions, I cant vote for King Phillie, no offence man, but it is bad enought that 'da hui' is a mod and you two together there is not telling what might come out of that... fraternizing and shit to form some sort of degenerate pot head alliance completely subjective in your views. Im not dissing yous, im very a egocentrically individual melsef but j842p is not, he as empathy (maybee this has to do with that his not american...)

but first i need two commitments from him, not to just bounch out of here for a couple of months like you done before, and explain what the J, the 8, the 4, the 2 and the P stands for?

Stoned Stoner,
i'll start making more 420 Gear when I get enough people to give me "unpaid labor" so i can focus on things that bring in money, so i can pay the bills, so you have a place to play, then hopefully, have enough left over to buy and print shirts to keep in stock, for major supporting people like you.

SptyOty,
i don't dislike you, i just don't think you can be responsible enough to handle the position...i gave you the job, you dropped the ball and didn't communicate, left me hangin, so no, i cannot waste my valuable time on training and corresponding with people who will not follow through with what they promise. I'm sure you're a cool cat and we'd have tons of laughs, but i don't have time for friends right now, just work, work, work...

to everyone who is applying for these positions, i thank you so very much...out of 10,000 members, i'd like to have 10 good mods...this will ensure that things get done, done right and fair around here....i'd also like to appoint an administrator to help with some of my work load, but you must be 420% familiar with everything about this website, the scripts, experience with them, etc...with the proper team, we can do so much more...been dying to start weekly newsletters, but every time i start, i am needed elsewhere for too many other things... if i could get this place to generate a profit, i could offer more than "unpaid labor", others call internships....volunteers...i think about 420 million people currently volunteer and intern for numerous causes worldwide... these interns and volunteers learn very valuable things that help them later in life with jobs, real life experiences, etc..time in the trench is much more valuable than reading a book in class...not to mention the fact that they are doing so much more for the movement than others who just come here to talk about their new $5 pipe and how stoned they got last night from middies...we are creating cannabis awareness to thousands of people a day from around the world...a pretty damn important job if you ask me.

i understand, i shouldnt have accepted the position if i wasnt planning on sticking around (which wasnt the case, it just kinda happened), but yeah, its just more work then im willing to put in, which is exactly why im not asking to be nominated again. Thanks for the great site tho Rob, as I'll continue to come here and hopefully spread what little knowledge I have.

Yes even if I dont get to be a mod I'm still sticking around and maybe down the road I'll get my chance.

Back
Top Bottom