Mod Elections November 2005

Founder
As time goes by, more mods come, more lose interest in our movement and fade away...

we are currently seeking...

- news hawks
- gallery moderator
- links moderator
- misc moderators

if you see a forum that has been slacking and could use a boost or some cleaning up, list which one you want and why and we will discuss it.

:nomo:

i would love to help in any why possible been around green a long time

im me to talk about it pig316

mykeo said:
hopefully 420times.com does the right thing by making me a mod :bong:

LOL Do the right thing.

I'm around here quite a bit. I'm interested in the misc. mod position, hit me up on the PM.

Im in much favor of some sort of "application process" to register for this site.

Too many new members who type like they're literally 12 years old and armless, typing with their face.

The application process would be like this:

"Thanks for your interest in the 420Magazine.com forums, but before you can post your account must be activated. To increase your chance of activation, please type a short paragraph about marijuana" or something.

Any application with the following words would be automatically rejected, "wuz" "dood" "lolz", etc.

The General section drove me crazy last night as I tried to just read to pass the time. I ended up quickly going to sleep, because reading was too hard (just click on a random thread in General, you'll see what I mean).

Or a paid membership account, with private subscriber only forums and with other options too...

That would be a cool idea. Or well kind of. The subsciber idea would be cool too. Have like an acctual magazine but online only acsessable by a subscriber.

Heh. Keep in mind William that this web sight is GLOBAL. People who might not type in english that often certianly post here. People with dissabilities also post here. My posts are FILLED withy typos, but it's not because I'm bad at typing or young or dumb. I cant SEE my typos unless I spend a long time, nose to the screen, checking my own post. If its a LONG post, as mine tend to be, I dont bother checking the entire thing as it would simply take too long. Just something to keep in mind :)
-PM

William Holden said:
Im in much favor of some sort of "application process" to register for this site.

Too many new members who type like they're literally 12 years old and armless, typing with their face.

The General section drove me crazy last night as I tried to just read to pass the time. I ended up quickly going to sleep, because reading was too hard (just click on a random thread in General, you'll see what I mean).

Or a paid membership account, with private subscriber only forums and with other options too...
You're absolutely right about the amount of kids in here ..........but c'mon man .........Don't make me pay for the one website that I have the most fun with ..........I have friends I've never met here ..........You're one of them ! ...........I think I remember something about an ignore option in user cp or someplace ........Can't that option be put to use for members to ignore certain user s post's ? ? Then you could ignore those post that most annoy (stoned spelling here ) you .......................Or something like that ..........:smokin:

i'm not going to charge to post here, i'm not going to have them tell me why they should post here...more time, more labor...
i appreciate your energy in rectifying the situation, but keep thinking, cause that's not the ticket...

and i do agree 420% about the ridiculous posting...
which was why i ban who i ban, when i ban them...
why would i hold a grudge against someone i don't know?
all i see are postings, over and over again, from the same people, that i do not want here...so i do something about it...
half of the members pat me on the back and say, thank god...i almost left because of that kid...some tell me that was the best contributer to the forums and if he leaves, i leave....and it goes on and on and on and on...you have no idea how many different scenarios...
:smokin:

hash has been promoted to news and school...
smokey has been promoted to lounge...
thanks for taking the positions guys!
and thank the rest of you who have offered so far...
i am still deciding...
and i am still waiting to hear from more of you..
tell me why you want to mod, what you want to do, any experience you may have, etc...
i will not contact you via pm to discuss this...
so, if you are interested, spill it.

your stuff never made it because it never fit within our guidelines...
you tend to stray from the norm a lot...
i would much rather have you spending all of your time on 420times.com posting marijuana related stuff than all the non related shit you post about everything else...therefore, i figured the best way to do this is by making you a news hawk...
please get with hash and ask him what the guidelines are, how we post, etc...
once hash tells me you are ready, i will upgrade your account to news hawk and you can begin posting marijuana related info here...:nomo:

Congrats everyone!!

I would be more than happy to help but, I do not have any experince. I enjoy the site and most of the people who post here. If there is anything I can do I would be happy to help!!

Back
Top Bottom