2L 6pack rack

Got a pic? Sounds interesting.
I did a journal on the first run will be loading 2 racks soon.
I'm adding air direct to the system via an air-stone in the bottom of each 2L.
I'll put a circle of landscaping material on the top of each around the stem.
This will help with evaporation from the bubbles and prevent gnats from getting to my roots.

dadums

I tried the landscape fabric thing and it didn't help at all. I just cut a piece as big as the pot with a little x cut in the middle for the stem and laid it on top of the dirt.

Why? It was not 100% sealed.

My next grow (if there is one) I will duct tape a piece about a foot or so tall by the circumference of the pot, either to the out side or inside of the rim and then fold it down towards the stem and use a twist tie or something to affix it to the stem. Sort of like a burlap sack around a trees root ball they sell at garden centers. I will only open it up to water, or make some sort of flap for watering. The smallest crack will allow the buggers to get in and out.

Man I remember finding this thread before I joined 420. I forgot all about this idea. How did it all work out? I might try this but with straight hydroton.

Still using the 2 original. I'm replacing the plug in the bottom with a barrel tap hope it screws in. I'm running perlite and coco coir 50/50 and looking good. I was all set for perpetual 2 racks in veg 4 weeks apart and a healthy mother. Went to a GLS schedule and everything went into flower. Now I got a part rack going to flower and a bunch of popped seeds. Gnats got my seedlings @$$%^&# starter soil from wallyworld.
Draining once a week makes a huge difference and they can be drained through the front tube. My led's help with my cramped space onle take 3" of space at the top. I've thought about hydro-ton if it was small just want to stay with what works for now.

Back
Top Bottom