3 auto plants

Hiya Charliewaffles.
Good to see ya.
Yep, for me starting in the large pot takes away so much extra drama in the first 2 or 3 weeks.
Do you soak the medium in the large pot before planting the seed?
I do, so didn't have to water for 12 days. Saves over watering.
Yes starting in the large pots is fantastic. You just learn how to water properly as told by @Emilya and never have to worry about up potting.
Yep I soak the medium prior to planting my popped seeds. I don’t usually water for 7-10 days.
On my latest grow I’ve started watering exclusively from the bottom after the 3rd week or so. I have my 5 gallon pots inside of round dollar store laundry tubs (cost was significantly more than a dollar lol) and I simply dump the water into the laundry tub and let the soil soak it up from the bottom.
So far it’s working out fantastic.

437CC390-59F9-43CE-9B5A-89C8DFE10C52.png

Day 18
Second watering/feed.

Buddha tree silica : 0.25ml per ltr.
Level tsp mycho dissolved.
Topped up with hard water grow nutes to 1.2 ec.
Starting ec of water ~ 0.5 ec.
Ph : 6.3.

20220814_093744.jpg

plants given 3 litres each.

Temps : between 31.6°c and 26°c

The temperature has been really hot the past couple of days, the tent got up to 31.6°c lights off yesterday, so I busted out the ac unit. Temps today are sitting at a nice 26°c lights on.

Humidity : ~52%
With the heat the rh has been really low, so again keeping it up best I can with a little humidifier .

Increased the light to 19k lux, ~320ppfd tha plants are entering veg stage now...so will increase the light to 350ppfd across the coming week.

This week I'm just going to stop any one shoot getting dominance.

Day 18
Second watering/feed.

Buddha tree silica : 0.25ml per ltr.
Level tsp mycho dissolved.
Topped up with hard water grow nutes to 1.2 ec.
Starting ec of water ~ 0.5 ec.
Ph : 6.3.

20220814_093744.jpg

plants given 3 litres each.

Temps : between 31.6°c and 26°c

The temperature has been really hot the past couple of days, the tent got up to 31.6°c lights off yesterday, so I busted out the ac unit. Temps today are sitting at a nice 26°c lights on.

Humidity : ~52%
With the heat the rh has been really low, so again keeping it up best I can with a little humidifier .

Increased the light to 19k lux, ~320ppfd tha plants are entering veg stage now...so will increase the light to 350ppfd across the coming week.

This week I'm just going to stop any one shoot getting dominance.
Nice and healthy. :thumb:
Good work.
Hope you are well Amigo.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Hiya Mbunaaddict.
Good to see ya.

What signals are you looking for when assessing lighting needs?!
If the light is too weak then the plant will stretch between nodes and get a lanky stem.
If the light is too strong, the leaves will curl up at the edges or twist. Also no gap between nodes.

I started my seedlings under quite weak light this time, as it's a new light and I'd never started seeds under it before. So the outcome was the strwberry banana stretched a little.

Luckily others have done the exploratory work before us. So there's a rough guide I follow.

Seedling : 200 - 350 ppfd
Veg : 350 - 600 ppfd
Flower : 600 +
The cieling without co2 is around 1000 ppfd. Some plants can and will take more.
If I'm doing autos I don't go above 850ppfd as they get 18hrs of light even in flowering.
Normal photo period when flowering only get 12hrs of light so can take more light in the shorter period.

Day 22

20220818_091212.jpg

Dark Devil auto. Day 22
As expected the dda started showing pre flower pistils early. I noticed them on day 19.
So, the dda should stretch now as it transitions to flower. I'm happy with the basic shape from the LST, so will just let it grow upwards now.

20220818_091246.jpg

Forbidden Runtz auto. Day 22
All good. Taking the LST in its stride and powering on. Multiple tops appearing. I'm going to just carry on the training.

20220818_091232.jpg

Strawberry Banana auto. Day 22
The sba keeps trying to turn into a wild bush..might be a better candidate for topping..but I will tame her wildness and carry on with her training.

20220818_091314.jpg

Temps: between 24°c and 27°c
Humidity: ~65%

I've increased the light to 22k lux, ~370ppfd.
My plan is to increase the light to 28k lux, ~470ppfd by day 28.

Day 22

20220818_091212.jpg

Dark Devil auto. Day 22
As expected the dda started showing pre flower pistils early. I noticed them on day 19.
So, the dda should stretch now as it transitions to flower. I'm happy with the basic shape from the LST, so will just let it grow upwards now.

20220818_091246.jpg

Forbidden Runtz auto. Day 22
All good. Taking the LST in its stride and powering on. Multiple tops appearing. I'm going to just carry on the training.

20220818_091232.jpg

Strawberry Banana auto. Day 22
The sba keeps trying to turn into a wild bush..might be a better candidate for topping..but I will tame her wildness and carry on with her training.

20220818_091314.jpg

Temps: between 24°c and 27°c
Humidity: ~65%

I've increased the light to 22k lux, ~370ppfd.
My plan is to increase the light to 28k lux, ~470ppfd by day 28.
Training is coming along well.
They are taking right to it.
Good color too. :thumb:
Hope you are doing well my friend. :ciao:

Stay safe

Training is coming along well.
They are taking right to it.
Good color too. :thumb:
Hope you are doing well my friend. :ciao:

Stay safe
I'm more than happy with their progress and I'm doing good cheers Bill.
Great to see you back up to speed.
No more marathon greenhouse days without hydration for you buddy.
Might have to train Howie to be a rescue dog as a precautionary.
:thumb:

I'm more than happy with their progress and I'm doing good cheers Bill.
Great to see you back up to speed.
No more marathon greenhouse days without hydration for you buddy.
Might have to train Howie to be a rescue dog as a precautionary.
I'll get one of those little barrels for him to carry. :rofl:
He is laying on my knee snoring right now.
Can't work in the greenhouse on lawn cutting day's anymore.
Best not to cut it at all.
Today is supposed to be nice, hopefully we can get tubing. :thumb:
Hope you have a wonderful day my friend.

Stay safe

Nice. Question, what size grow tent are you using? Thanks.
Thanks GrowNMo

The tent is 80cm× 80cm× 160cm, it's my short tent.
I've got two tents, the other one gets taken down during Summer heat. I usually put second tent up around September when the weather is cooler.
The second tent is similar in size but taller 80cm× 80cm×200cm, I'll need the extra space in a couple of weeks so perfect timing.

Good to have you around GrowNMo.

Hiya stunger.
have you grown out a Dark Devil Auto before?
Yes, just a couple...this one is the 18th I've grown :D
Like most people I got drawn by the colour but I keep returning for the buzz/high.
It has a turned into a daily household favourite. The buzz is a great hybrid mixture, really pleasant.
Not strong like couchlock and not racey either..just right, no body drag just a pleasant high, An all day every day high. Comfortable, like spending time with a good friend that makes you smile.

Then you get the added bonus of flavour..dark devil is one of the most complex tasting bud I've had.
Its baseline is a kush so you get some nice wood and spice tones, like cedar wood and pepper. Then you get a multitude of fruit on top...hints of tangerines,cherry and richness like dates. It evokes the vision of a Marrocan market to me.
Oh and I've since found that if you can long cure it for say 4 to 5 months it develops a creamy chocolate tone also.

I think you maybe able to tell I like it.

Hiya stunger.

Yes, just a couple...this one is the 18th I've grown :D
Like most people I got drawn by the colour but I keep returning for the buzz/high.
It has a turned into a daily household favourite. The buzz is a great hybrid mixture, really pleasant.
Not strong like couchlock and not racey either..just right, no body drag just a pleasant high, An all day every day high. Comfortable, like spending time with a good friend that makes you smile.

Then you get the added bonus of flavour..dark devil is one of the most complex tasting bud I've had.
Its baseline is a kush so you get some nice wood and spice tones, like cedar wood and pepper. Then you get a multitude of fruit on top...hints of tangerines,cherry and richness like dates. It evokes the vision of a Marrocan market to me.
Oh and I've since found that if you can long cure it for say 4 to 5 months it develops a creamy chocolate tone also.

I think you maybe able to tell I like it.
18, wow that is saying something! Roughly, what sort of yield would you generally obtain from the DDa, and did it's yields increase as you gained experience growing it? It certainly is very very beautiful strain when flowering.

Back
Top Bottom