3x4 area to grow: What light for under $700.00?

Do you think you might expand in the future? If so, consider a slightly over sized light that has a dimmer.

Take a good look at our sponsors, who offer discounts for members

Do you think you might expand in the future? If so, consider a slightly over sized light that has a dimmer.

Take a good look at our sponsors, who offer discounts for members
My thoughts are building 2- 3x4 rooms for side by side grows with maybe different lights or different soils or etc??? I want to test different styles out and maybe even different lights as well. I was looking at the ViparSpectra line. Just not sure which one to go with yet. Then have a 2x4 drying room. So don't plan to expand really for inside.. I will use my indoors during the colder months here in Ontario and then grow outside (just to gain the experience) during the warmer months.

Thanks dude!
Anytime! They're usually on here during our nights- but if they haven't answered in a day or so I'll email my contact with them and see what can be done. There is also discount codes that will help save a few $ from the prices you see online. Though I'm thinking, you may consider two lights (P2500 or XS2000) for what you want, price will be slightly higher, but more flexibility for your experimenting different styles.

Anytime! They're usually on here during our nights- but if they haven't answered in a day or so I'll email my contact with them and see what can be done. There is also discount codes that will help save a few $ from the prices you see online. Though I'm thinking, you may consider two lights (P2500 or XS2000) for what you want, price will be slightly higher, but more flexibility for your experimenting different styles.
I really like the XS4000 line. Nice thing with me building the rooms, I can make them fit the light :) I love to experiment and see what I can accomplish. So these one plant grows in each room is going to be exciting. I have 2 earth boxes for my first round and I will be going to Build A Soil for an organic grow. I love reading everyone's grows here. It gives me a ton of insite and ideas to try.

Hey @Rexer , looks like Vipar don’t have any of these 4000’s in production. They posted on another thread here that I asked about. Not sure direction now. Gonna build a room downstairs that will have two 3x4 veg/flower rooms and a 2x4 drying room. So need lights. I can go bigger but really I want to do single plants in each room and go for big yields. Any thoughts?

I own XS4000 great lights value for money is the best way to put it.
You get a lot of light for what you pay.
There are 100% better lights on the market but not at there price point.

My next move would be Mars IF i could not wait , sale on right now on the sp models , and the FC models i think.
I also have a FC3000 and for a sqaure space get a bar light to cover it and the canopy is so even.
The sp6500 is a beast of a light if you can get a GREAT discount if bars dont ring your bell. ;) @Mars Hydro

Yup I'll 2nd that- if ViparSpectra doesn't have anything that you like in stock, then my suggestion would be to talk with @Mars Hydro ; they too are active sponsors here (with member discounts).

While I've never tried any of their lights, I have heard nothing but good things.

Yup I'll 2nd that- if ViparSpectra doesn't have anything that you like in stock, then my suggestion would be to talk with @Mars Hydro ; they too are active sponsors here (with member discounts).

While I've never tried any of their lights, I have heard nothing but good things.
Sounds good. I sent @Mars Hydro a message but have not heard back from them yet. Hope they can help out :).

Well I think I have narrowed it down to 3 lights....

Growcraft X3 500 Watt
Growcraft X3 – 500 Watt DIY LED Grow Light Kit
ViparSpectra XS4000 (if I can find one somewhere in Canada)
ViparSpectra® XS4000 480W Infrared Full Spectrum LED Grow Light
And the Mars Hydro TS 3000
Mars Hydro TS 3000 LED Grow Light for Indoor Plants Full Spectrum 450W 4ftx4ft 5ftx5ft coverage

Cost wise, the Growcraft seems like the one. It was reviewed on LEDGardner as well with some really good results.
Wondering what you all think?

FC-E4800 if i went mars (and sqaure space) but its not.
And Growcraft seems a lot for 500 watt you can get a 650 watt mars light for less.
But looks like a nice light solid par map.
Value for money XS4000 but u cant get.
Now me thats me what i would do (lol) as your in a none square space wait or get the p4000.
Its the same light really other than the 80 watt hell 2 p4000 would be cheaper than the growcraft.

Back
Top Bottom