4 Strains 400W CFL Veg 1000W HPS Flower

Purple Goose

Well this is my first grow and just got my plants underway started germination 10 days ago and the following pics are ages from 2 days - 5 days out of the ground . I am growing white widow,super crystal,himalyan gold,and armaggedon.Will be vegging 20 plants under a pair of 200w cfl bulbs in bright wing reflectors.

SL-Brightwing_S.gif

Later Ill move them into my flower room which is 5 x 6 lit with a 1000w hps/mh switchable once they are moved in Ill give them another week under mh before I flip them to 12/12 so they can get well rooted in the pots I will be flowering them in.

Here are some pics of the seedlings as mentioned above between the ages of 2 days and 5 days out of the ground on a 24/0 light cycle believe this is called the no mercy plan grin.
S7301549.JPG

S7301551.JPG

S7301528.JPG

S7301549.JPG

S7301542.JPG

S7301542.JPG

Will be transplanting them to 4" pots in about 2 days and begin the feeding. Which will be Gh flora 3 part ,Flora blend,Flora fruit n Fusion, Green Up (Root promoter)Kelp concentrate Foliar Feed,Calmag,superthrive. So I hope to keep this as updated as possible but will probably just update when I have enough good pics as my camera sucks .

Licenced Grower /User By Health Canada all pics are of my own Medicinal Garden .

Re: 4 strains 400w cfl veg 1000w hps flower.

oh yeah, those babies are ready for transplanting (and looking good too). Congrats on your success so far, keep us posted

Well Transplanted the first set of seedlings 11 in this batch 6 White widow and 5 Himalayan Gold Last night into 1 gallon pots. I hope to be transplanting the remainder of the seedlings in the next 3 days they consists of 3 Super crystal ,3 armaggedon and 1 Bag seed which was sold as white rhino all I can say is it was kick ass bud and a very late white widow that took a total of 11 days to germinate but finally hit the surface, The super crystal and armaggedon are un-feminised so will have to sex them but hoping to have about 16 plants from this batch of seedlings . Also have decided that around the 15th of sept I will start 4 Feminized SSH seeds veg them for about 7-10 days then put them to flower with all the rest from what I have read on the strain it should grow into a plant about 4' tall by the end of flower so should end up being the same size as all the others which are indica/sativa hybrids. Anyways will update with more photos in a few days once there is a visual differance in the plants.

Licenced Grower /Authorized User By Health Canada all pics are of my own Medicinal Garden .

Well gonna throw in the pics I have of the seedlings in there new pots taken 4 days ago I believe I am not very good at keeping the journal daily as of yet but will try and get better.

I thought I should add now a little bit about how I am going to be doing this grow I have set up a 6'L x 2'D x 8'H closet into a veg closet split into a mother section on the bottom 4' high light with a 4' long 4 bulb x 40w flouresecent T-12 fixture its not in use yet but will be soon enough once I can take some cuttings from my new plants. Oh should mention this is my first total indoor grow I have experience with getting my plants going for a month or so indoors then putting them outside but this was over 20 years ago so I any and all opinions will be considered and any help welcome. Anyways to continue The upsection is Lite by 2 200w cfl bulbs one at 6500k the other at 5000 kelvin which I have noticed is keeping the internodes nice and tight on the new seedlings.
S73014751.JPG
S73014782.JPG

S73014902.JPG
S73014941.JPG

S73014941.JPG
S73014941.JPG

As you can notice my veg closet is pretty bare at the moment once I have the time and extra money will line the walls with mylar and saw a nice little link for building a cheap co2 generator using yeast and sugar water so in this small of a space I think it should give a fairly noticeable jump in growth.

Anyways the medium I am using is straight promix with only 1 cup of dolomitic Limestone added per cubic foot to help balance the ph and save on calmag ,all the water they get is ro/di with a remineralization stage that adds back in essential minerals so hoping this will keep any and all deficencies to a minimum. I plan to veg the plants in this closet for 30-40 days or untill they are to large for the space at which point I will transfer them to 3 gallon pots and move them under my 1000w hps/mh for another week at 18/6 under the mh to get them well rooted and then will switch to flower I think this should occur around the 8th-14th of october.

Oh might as well add the nutrients I am using which is GH Flora 3 part with additives of pro-silicate,flora blend vegan tea,floranectar fruitnfusion and switching to GH Maxi-Bloom, kool bloom liquid for flower , will also be checking out this Flora Nova Grow to see how it compare to mixing my own from 3 part mix. Anyways hope you All enjoy the grow .

hi nice pics

just a question im from uk and cant find anywhere Dual Bulb Socket thingy's

can you recomend anywhere i can get them from

i checked out ebay.com but nobody that has them delivers to uk :(

good luck with grow bro!!!

You're well on your way...sounds like you covered all your bases brother. I just did a bit of transplanting last night. From two gallon squares to five gallon buckets. The rootball looked like it was so happy and really excited to get more space...that is at 3 weeks. Im in and my fingers are crossed! ;)

hi nice pics

just a question im from uk and cant find anywhere Dual Bulb Socket thingy's

can you recomend anywhere i can get them from

i checked out ebay.com but nobody that has them delivers to uk :(

good luck with grow bro!!!

How do you mean Dual Bulb sockets? Are you reffering to MH/hps Switchable ballasts? Or a Reflector that holds 2 bulbs? I am not really sure what you are reffering to .

Little update After transplant I also gave them there first light feeding of 1.25ml/gal of Gh flora micro,gro,bloom, 5ml flora blend vegan compost tea,2.5ml flora nectar fruitnfusion,5ml pro silicate,5ml Green up (rooting excelerator)1ml superthrive(noticed on bottle it says to use 1ml/gal during activity or stress and I assume activity would be veg and bloom otherwise 1drop/gal) Ph adjusted to 6.2

Noticed though a a bit of blotching I think may be a very light nute burn or its just me not noticing the plants leaves darkening and just being over protective take a look at pics and tell me what you think?

021126.jpg

02775.jpg

03743.jpg

03447.jpg

03159.jpg

02775.jpg

015186.jpg

S7301504.JPG

0756.jpg

0707.jpg

08010.jpg

So these plants are ages 4 days -17 days out of the ground ,and need some opinions on if these strains seem to be leaning more towards there Sativa lineage or Indica as I dont want to let them get to big as I am limited in vertical height in my flower room to about 4' 8" or so.

Oh quick question about ph up according to the bottle it says to put 2 capfuls into 4 liters of water but the ph goes thru the roof so what I am wondering is are we supposed to mix it into the 4L of water and then use that to raise ph? Ive never really ever worried about ph before as I had always just started them then put them outside so ph adjustments just wasnt a big deal.

I had similar looking leaves on one of my plants. Turned out to just be a lighter green coloration of some of the leaves. It is growing well and has some lush green and then some light areas. Otherwise if the leaves are turning on the bottom side and also curling a little bit I would think a bit excessive on the nutrients. My babys are going thru this situation now but new growth seems better once I weakly flushed the problematic plants.

but hey...I really am quite new to this hobby so take what I say lightly :)

Thanks for the input and as I mentioned earlier any and all advice and or opinions will be considered as It has been well over 20 years since I last grew plants and Like I said before all I did in the past was start my seeds in early march and veg under a bank of T-12 flourescents untill the may 24th weekend. So when it comes to indoors its all new to me As I have only recently Obtained My MMAR Card as well as My Personal Use production Licence so I am now all legal and want to make sure I do it right I am allowed a maximum of 49 plants in any stage of growth ,maximum storage of Dried Marijuana is 2205g and maximum posession limit of 300g so I assume this means I can have a total of 2500g. I have to say the canadian MMJ laws are pretty workable for a patient to be able to obtain his medication.

I have also noticed that the plants that show this discoloration are also mainly my White Widows which I have read are very nutrient sensitive so I am thinking I basically found the max nutrient amount I can give them presently without causing any actually leaf burn but I will scale there feed back to 1ml Flora micro,grow,bloom,1ml flora blend and leave the rest where they are as the pro silicate ,flora nectar ,green up and superthrive are just a collection of carbs,silicate of course,hormones ,B vitamins and Humic acid all of which I dont believe can cause any type of nutrient burn so unless I hear differently from any posts will give them there next feeding in about 4 days as I am planning to feed them every other watering.

Time for an update that will bring this journal up to date these pictures taken this morning Sept 4 . The Oldest plants in this picture have been out of the ground for 16 days as of today and the youngest seedling is 5 days old so there is quite a big difference in sizes. Will be updating this journal every saturday from now on unless there is some development that I want to document. So here we go enjoy the pics you will notice the oldest of the plants are also showing a fair amount of secondary growth activity since there feeding 3 days ago.
S7301509.JPG

S7301510.JPG

S7301508.JPG

S7301507.JPG

S7301506.JPG

S7301505.JPG

08010.jpg

0707.jpg

S73015411.JPG

S7301543.JPG

S7301546.JPG

S7301557.JPG

S7301560.JPG

S7301561.JPG

S7301557.JPG

So there we go Next update in 7 days.
Oh in an earlier post I noticed a typo where I placed these plants as old as 4-17 days old I actually did the math and my oldest plants are 16 days since breaking soil and youngest is 5 days.

Posted watching closely :reading420magazine:

Thanks for dropping by The Butcher and thanks for the tips on the SSH as I am going to basically keep my flower room on 12/12 I am thinking I will start my SSH seeds once I have weeded out the males from the regular seeds in this grow. BTW how do they look to you so far ?

Okay was at the hydro store today was looking into getting a wetting agent to make foliar feeding more effective and thought maybe would get some AN wet betty but the guy at the hydro store suggested that instead of buying an expensive wetting agent he suggested I just use 1 or 2 drops of ivory liquid soap??? I checked out the info on it and it is a biodegradeable non ionic surfactant according to other info on its label it also wont remove natural oils from skin ..

So question is would anyone actually use it on a plant the guy at the hydro store swears by it stating he doesnt use any wetting agents except for ivory hand soap.

Thought I would do a little update just show you all what nutes and additives I have purchased basically going by all the research I have done I purchased my nutes based on ease of use ,versatility of use,enhancement,and protection. So based on my budget I purchased these products.
S7301562.JPG
This little utility nute is a rooting nutrient its designed for use in a hyrdroponic cloner it claims to be able to feed a clone before it even has roots, but I purchased it mainly as a tranplanting nutrient according to its instructions its only to be used at 5ml-10ml/gal Twice so I have used it once when moving the seedlings into these 1gal pots at 5ml/gal and when I move them to the 3 Gallon pots I will add it at 10ml/gal with a normal feeding.
S7301563.JPG
This one speaks for itself I have ro/di water system with a re mineralization filter and I have amended my soil with 1cup dolomite lime per Cuf but I have noticed many journals that showed soil grows with cal/mag def in flower so I figured well hey.
S7301565.JPG
Old time staple of growing from every journal I have ever seen I plan on using the feeding schedule on label to get me started as I have stated before I used 20-20-20 miracle grow in my youth for veg and 15-30-15 at flower so I am open to all suggestions on formulas that work well with all 3 parts or just 2 parts I will take notes on everything that appears to work and give it a try at some point and time especially if I dont see the growth I hope for this time.
S7301564.JPG
From most research I did I found that this type of stuff will really toughen up a plant and make it more resistant to stress from heat ,cold pests ,fungus, you name it label says it increase the cell strength of the plants an seen many other people using silicate so figure it wont hurt.
S7301566.JPG
Went with these additives as I am still a newbie and going to train myself in the philosophy of feeding the soil not the plant and try and create healthy biological structures as everything I have read says if your soil is alive and healthy your plants will be the same. So the vegan tea is a no animal additives so all research shows that this type of nutrient is more easilly broken down by organisms in the soil as it is all vegetable in nature and unlike animal compost doesnt attracts as many harmful nasties, The flora nectar is a basically a mollases malt and can extract with some added rock minerals. And of course Flora nova isnt an additive just a gift that was given to me and I let it creep into the picture but will be experimenting with it on a couple plants in this grow.
S7301567.JPG
My flowering nutrients going to check out the maxi bloom as it has had a bunch of good reviews and have seen a few journals on several sites where it has been compared as a dry modification of the lucas formula but i dont know I just figured with the liquid kool bloom and the vegan tea ,flora nectar and pro silicate that should be enough to worry about for flowering as I figure as long as I get nice big healthy plants and give them at least a decent amount of what they need during flower I should be pretty happy. Anyone ever use this stuff in flower would love to hear from ya.
And finally all of it together.
S7301570.JPG
Noticed there were 2 things I never mentioned in this shot you might notice on the right side back row a bottle of natura foliar fertilizer this is a kelp foliar fertilizer with chitosan I think it is spelled and in the front row is a bottle of kelp concentrate foliar fertilizer from homegrown hydroponics. Gonna try both of them as I have done a lot of research that all says foliar fertilizing is extremely effective and that nutrients applied as a foliar are found in every part of the plant from roots to tip within 60min so figuring how kelp is so high in plant growth hormones this would be the best way to go.

I figure this should be enough stuff for a new grower to work with to cover most of my bases oh and forgot to mention the superthrive which covers B vitamins and other hormones also noticed how it says on the bottle use 1ml /gal for stress or activity I am going to assume activity would be veg and flower and the idea of 1 drop per gal is for maintaining plants in one state for a long period of time.
So I think that covers all the neccesities and a few things to just help with plant general health but if there is anything that I missed please feel free to mention it.

So as you can tell I was really bored and very medicated and wanted to be busy tonight but please feel free to post any comments on differnt feeding schedules using these nutes if they are familiar to you , and I should mention I have just decided I am going to pick up a bottle of flora nova bloom and check it out as well on the plants that I use the flora nova grow on.

Damn talk about doing your homework +reps

Thanks for the reps I figured it was best to understand what all these nutes did as well as what the independent minerals ,hormones and vitamins do as well within the plants life system. I would estimate that in total I have read the marijuana growers guide by ed rosenthal about 10 times now it is the 96 revision of the original, also read the marijuana growers bible about 8 times now and then hundreds and hundreds of hours going thru the very best information available and that is right here in our own grow forums and especially journals I have also spent quite a few hours searching other sites that I wont mention on this forum for respect of the 420 community.

But I have used all the info I have accumulated on a vegetable garden this past summer and by keeping in mind that when I feed my plants I am not really feeding the plants I am feeding the soil and more importantly the beneficial microbes , and symbiotic fungus's like myocorizahe these micro organisims feed on the nutrients and sugars break them down into even smaller more easily absorbed pieces.

Of course the nutrients that arent broken down by the beneficials are still absorbed by the plant but just not as easilly that is why I have found that most plants dont really start to grow fast untill they have been in the ground at least 2 weeks after the first 2 weeks growth rates will increase exponentially. But as I have said all my knowledge is strictly academic and as its been 20+ years since I last grew any pot .

And the most important part of growing cannabis is not to baby it dont stress on every little thing it is a weed and it would grow out of a crack in the sidewalk if nobody killed it. And personally in the past I found the plants that took a bit of abuse over the summer to be the ones with best yield and potency ,I equate this to the saying what doesnt kill you makes you stronger.

Actually I need some help with a ph question I know the soil I used for the plants i am growing now had a starting ph of 7.5 I amended it with 1 cup of dolomite lime per cubic foot and I have been watering at a ph of 5.8-6.0 the runoff is 6.6 as far as I can understand this is what I should be getting but there is no trade for experience.

Hey bro i think i missed you question in the last post. Any who if you google image ph soil chart you might find that helpful? I kind of assume you have already come across it since you have been doing some extensive HW. If you would not mind informing me of these other methods you used to gain some knowledge please send me a PM. Cant ever learn too much. I am more leaning to the soil-less method of growing as I like the idea of having complete control over my grow. Hempy seems like a good way and might be a method you could try amongst your soil grows. :) :nicethread:

Well as I mentioned before the cannabis grow bible and the marijuana growers guide which are 2 excellent books for a begginer they give you all the info you need to start off and be successful then I searched all of the forums on this site especially the grow journals ,grow room setup and every posting I can find on nutrients .

Ill send you a pm on the names of the other sites I have used for further information one has an incredible posting on water chemistry and a wicked type of hydroponic setup called the Bio buckets which is a type of DWC but instead of using air stones you use high power pumps to circulate the nutrients 20 times an hour and have them return to the main resevoir and dump in forming a 12" waterfall that will aereate the water the whole Idea of this system is no res changes all that is ever done is add backs of ro water and nutrients . Ill send you a link to the water chemistry bio buckets and a super cool bio system that looks like something out of a nasa hydroponic experiment.

I do have the ph uptake chart but what I was meaning though is according to all info I have read if you have soil ph of 7.5 by watering with 6.0 water there should be a change in soil ph to 6.5 as the 2 ph levels should meet in the middle which seems to be the case as when I water with 6.0 I get 6.5-6.6 run off and I just wanted to check that I am calculating this all properly .

Back
Top Bottom