4x4 1000w SCROG 4xWW DWC w/ Sunpulse 3k Digital Bulb

How do you feel about Sunpulse's Full Spectrum Lamp Set? (3, 4 ,6.4 & 10 Kalvin)

• I love it! I think it's the best thing to mimic real light, and i'd use all 4!

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I like the idea of a 3k MH bulb, but the others seem a little gimmicky

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I'm old school. Give me ole' 60hz and a super hortilux, and it's as good as it gets

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I'm not exactly sure what all this is about! lmgtfy.com :)

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
if your yield is only as strong as the lights why hassle with the hydro? there is too much time and money invested in a hydro when a couple more soil plants equal the hydro yield. Soil is so much easier to support as well with tomatao cages and bamboo. With a hydro plant you just get a monster and its damn tough to support. If I go back to hydro i will have them in their own stages with levels of screens to support them as they triple in the stretch. gl

The plants look friggin awesome. AWESOME!

As far as the roots go - I had the same color roots - I agree with you - pretty sure it's the Liquid Karma. That stuff works like a champ, but if you cut back just a hair, the roots stay white. There's actually a thread about the Liquid Karma and the brown roots. Everyone came to pretty much the same conclusion - don't sweat the brown roots too much if you know everything else is right. I use Sweet, but I can totally imagine the Molasses does the same thing.

Keep it up. +Reps for not panicking.

One other question - how's that chromed reflector working for you? Does it not create a super hotspot?

Root Rot (pythium) causes the PH to drop while brown slime causes it to rise. Pythium stinks, the slime is odorless. Rot responds well to cooling down the res and adding more bubbles, the slime doesn't care. The slime will start out clear and your plants will appear healthy for quite some time, they will just stop producing roots. Eventually the slime can turn yellow, and after strangling the roots it turns brown because true pythium sets in, and it finally gets an odor. There are several root conditions which can cause slime, doesn't mean you have the dreaded brown slime. If you do determine you have brown slime algae, forget the sterilizing products. They simply will not work. Beneficial microbes are the answer.

Great white is fungi, and is indeed the best on the market, however ZHO powder is a fraction of the cost and does an excellent job. You will also want some bacteria with the fungi, so pick up some aquashield. The ancient forest EWC is really the magic ingredient here, be sure to pick some up. A bag lasts a year. Follow the tea recipe and instructions and you will never have root problems again, no matter what condition you have. There are several reason to make the tea and use it instead of just adding the great white directly to the res.

Back
Top Bottom