4x4 1000w SCROG 4xWW DWC w/ Sunpulse 3k Digital Bulb

How do you feel about Sunpulse's Full Spectrum Lamp Set? (3, 4 ,6.4 & 10 Kalvin)

• I love it! I think it's the best thing to mimic real light, and i'd use all 4!

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I like the idea of a 3k MH bulb, but the others seem a little gimmicky

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I'm old school. Give me ole' 60hz and a super hortilux, and it's as good as it gets

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I'm not exactly sure what all this is about! lmgtfy.com :)

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Very nice, those are some healthy looking plants and roots. Got to be doing something correct. Nice job. Would rep you but you now the deal. great job...

At least you have some healthy roots to keep your plants going. Are you thinking about cutting the slimy ones out now that there are healthy ones?

I'm not really concerned about it, no: the plants are gonna get torn out in a couple days: some bud leaves are starting to turn, and I don't want the buds to rot or get moldy or anything like that. They DO look healthy, albeit somewhat undeveloped and a little dry. Next batch, I say!

Great job on recovery. Those are looking like some healthy roots. From the looks of it I think if the slime monster ever rears its ugly head again you'll kill it pretty quick. Excited to see your next grow. Still a skeptic of the bulb but those are some nice looking flowers so love to see what you are able to pull off with a clean run.

:peace:

You're right about one thing, It certainly wasn't a good example of the bulb... I did a few things wrong along the way that i'm sure slowed their growth, but next grow i've got it allllll covered. As for the slime, it's not gonna have time to come back, and I don't think it will. The grozyme is working its magic, keeping everything at bay: the roots are just covered in film still... I would have had to fizzle it off with the h202 that I unfortunately couldn't afford to buy, and still cannot... laugh :) It's seriously thick on there, and required a steady regime of the 28% h202 ( used 2L, and that was just enough to stop everything, and expose some roots) Next res will contain the nutes w/ liquid karma and grozyme straight off. I will also be doing an "advanced top off" method for my bins... allow me to explain:

1. I fill my res with 1/2 strenth nutes, liquid karma, and grozyme. I add in the plants w/ a high water level until the roots start to poke through the bottom of the pots.
2. When they poke through, I'll up the nutrient PPM to the full dose, without draining. This time I'm going to use the 8/16 formula for vegging as well as flowering.
3. When vegging is complete, i'll drain and refill with water, ph adjusted with ClearEx to flush them out.
4. I'll then refill them with the 8/16 formula, liquid karma, and grozyme, and continue to use this res, topping off with water, adding nutrients 1x per week to maintain 1200 PPM @ .5
5. For the last 2 weeks, i'll most likely run a reduced strength solution: about 600ppm, topping off with just water, adjusting ph.

Very nice, those are some healthy looking plants and roots. Got to be doing something correct. Nice job. Would rep you but you now the deal. great job...

It's not me, I swear :) Laugh, I blame it on mother nature and grozyme, lol. But seriously, they are recovering in an interesting manner... And i'm really looking forward to seeing how the grozyme works out in my reservoirs: I hear it keeps roots very white and healthy. No more molasses! Laugh, i'm even a little nervous to add liquid karma to my mix... I think i'll put it in a 2L with some water and shake it for a few minutes: I find it has alot of sediment in it.... anyhow, thanks for the desire to give me rep I guess, laugh, I suppose you know how it goes ;)

As for other news, I'll be installing the mover within a couple days! Can't wait! Also, the clones I took are still foolishly putting out trichromes and pistils, but I noticed the newest leaves wayyyyy in the center are 3-pronged. Could this be the start of the "duhhhh" phase in between flowering and re-vegging? Either way, the roots are getting nice and long, and are loving their newest 1/2strength nutrient bath. Just don't grow too fast and get too big for the seeds that are-a-comin', little ones! I've got them under some clf's now, 24hrs light (no timer... heh) I just want them to switch over at this point: i've never revegged a flowering clone before, so what I'm doing i've only read about. Hope it all works out...

ps: I just checked out Brown Dirt Warrior: if you guys have a chance, I'd recommend looking him up on youtube: he's a BC outdoor grower, 13 part video called "Prohibition"... good watch.

Nuggity indeed! Are you keeping track of the dried wieght of the buds? It'd be nice to know what the total harvest weighs in at and how many grams/watt you got from this grow.

I have measured what i've smoked so far, yes. I don't really expect a proper gram/watt ratio: The plants essentially had their roots cut off for the last 3 1/2 weeks of their life... they're drastically underweight.

So don't judge me man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol ;)

Well sonic I've been slimed. One plant I have has been turning yellow faster than the rest for about a week now. Lifted the bucket to take a look at the roots and there it was! slimy smelly roots. The bubbler wasn't in the water all the way and not oxygenating it and even with cold res temps and bubblers in ever bucket still got it! Needless to say hygrozyme and H202 are in the res! But none of the other 15 have it.

Oh noes!

Just make sure you treat regularly with h202! It doesn't take long for it to neutralize itself with all those bubbles and all that slime.

Good luck with your plight! You'll have to post some pictures, or at least an update. Feel free to post them here if you wish!

Ultrasonic

Ultra, the bud looks great for bud that was pulled way early. I admire the bounce back, and the new root growth looks healthy bro. Keep up the good work :goodjob:

im gonna try and check in more often, sorry i been aloof, jr is gettin big, and school's been bizzy.

new grow is gonna rock ;):popcorn:

Hey Ultra. Sorry about the troubles with the roots and all, but I know it'll go better with the next round. Still, those last close-up photos are great.

I'm also interested to see what that bulb can do after reading the info on their site and others.

And, I saw that documentary/film, "Prohibition." Craaaazy! Had my heart racing at times!

Ultra, the bud looks great for bud that was pulled way early. I admire the bounce back, and the new root growth looks healthy bro. Keep up the good work :goodjob:

im gonna try and check in more often, sorry i been aloof, jr is gettin big, and school's been bizzy.

new grow is gonna rock ;):popcorn:

thats a 10-4 drojo. The buds smoke really well, they're... very sweet tasting. Like berries: actually, damnit, that's it! It tastes like the berries in Cap'n Crunch cereal :p Really nice, never had that in pot before. Thanks for still hanging around despite your busy reality :peace:

Hey Ultra. Sorry about the troubles with the roots and all, but I know it'll go better with the next round. Still, those last close-up photos are great.

I'm also interested to see what that bulb can do after reading the info on their site and others.

And, I saw that documentary/film, "Prohibition." Craaaazy! Had my heart racing at times!

Troubles are all behind me man, no worries. I am also interested in seeing what this bulb can do: laugh! My next grow with what should be 16 plants under the mover is well underway: checkout my update in my new thread, conveniently located in my signature :roorrip:

Now have you ever been that scared in a movie theater, 'cause I haven't :p That vid. was great, and I hope more people get the opportunity to watch it.

Just finished watching "Prohibition" as well. My adrenaline is still flowing! Great video of what it must be like growing outdoors. Personally I have enough excitement growing indoors. I think all growers must get nervous/excited when the plants only have a few more weeks to go!

I can't imagine just sitting around with plants OUTSIDE just sitting there! I mean, I know It sounds ridiculous, but there are so many dangers: you're right... I prefer my walls :rollit:

Check out my update in my New Thread, come one come all!

IMG_01912.JPG

Okay, so you've got the nod from our 420 veterans: sonzor, PitViper and DroJo, and they've seen it all so it's no faint praise. Just have to say, from my newbie perspective... woo hoo! Those are some fine buds, especially considering what you've been through. Well done bro. Can't wait to see what you'll do with your next grow.

Well thanks for the following all the comments everyone! My new grow is all set up, and the whole 4oz I pulled off these DESTROYED plants has been gratefully consumed!

The bud was very nice and got me higher than anything i had smoked in a long time. I suppose I just regret that there wasn't more of it... Guess that's why I'm doing 16 plants in my next journal :p Since it wasn't cured i'll only speak of the flavor in the vaporizer, since the pipe was bit harsh.

The bud had a slight sweet berry smell that reminds of captn crunch berries (lol). The vapor was smooth, mildly lemony, and instantly cerebral. Large vapor tokes were hard to hold in. It was one of the more flavorful vapor experiences i've had.

If any upgrades occur this next grow, it will most certainly be a propane co2 burner.

Sounds like you enjoyed you harvest and am looking forward to you new grow. Great job... + rep

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

I’m proudly moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress - 420 Magazine

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

hey whats going on brother?! nice plants you got here, i see you had the same issue i ran into, the bloody root rot. well for my next round of d.w.c. growing i found that hygrozyme if used in conjunction with your nutes per every or every other water change will prevent and in some instances even stop and eliminate root rot, it allows dead roots to be composed and tuned into nutrients for the root zone. awes fucken stuff! it also helps your plants root to uptake nutrients due to healthier stronger root zone. just like removing dead or wilting leaves, we need something to remove the dead and rotting roots. and unless you plan to go at it with magnifying glass n tweezer i recommend hygrozyme.

Back
Top Bottom