Ultrasonic's 8-Strain DWC Spectacular

Hey all: Just wanted to do another quick update! Things are progressing well, and I have just moved my seedlings into the DWC bins! They're at a ppm of about 600-700, and I had been watering them with 300-400ppms previously. The WW has been in for a couple days, and has done nothing but show great growth, I was therefore confident to move in the rest of them. Below are a few shots with some simple explanations.

This here is a shot of one of the funky revegging leaves. Weird. They're producing normal leaves now for the most part!
IMG_02747.JPG

My biggest of the clones: this one i've tied every top down, below the main stem. This has caused some pretty crazy branching to occur: I counted over 18 "tops" pointin' upwards on this sucker. I'm using the principle that the highest growth will become the new tops (due to a growth horomone of some sort) so by forcing all the tops down, pointing straight down, below the main stem, it forces what would be small, popcorny buds into tops that start to grow upwards. Rinse, repeat.
IMG_02707.JPG

This is the whole plant from the first photo.
IMG_02677.JPG

In their new home! cozy cozy!
IMG_02669.JPG

The white widow seedling! strong, healthy genetics from Nirvana!
IMG_02656.JPG

STRAWBERRY COUGH: Can't wait for this one! The leaf shape looks very cough like.. sort of bulbous and blunt
IMG_02639.JPG

SUPER LEMON HAZE OH BABY I CAN'T WAIT. CAPTIN'S CUPBOARD! Nice razory thing leaves
IMG_02628.JPG

NO shots of the AMS: It's camera shy while it does it thing.

I hate to admit it to myself, but I think my PPP, trainwreck and Master Kush are caught in customs AGAIN! ARGH! Looks like I won't be able to grow these strains :( so My 8 Strain Spectacular looks to be more of a... 4 strain "delight" lol! But, I will be close to my max. plant count of 16.. I'll be doing 14.

-White widow
-AMS
-SLH
-Cough

urrrgh sorry about your seeds ultra. you didnt order the discreet dvd option or anythin bro? The lil ladies are lookin good tho. Im gonna keep my eye on the SLH and the Strawberry cough ;)

Well I ordered from Worldwide-Marijuana-seeds.com, and chose the most expensive shipping option. They send it in a dvd case, yes, but apparently that doesn't stop them from opening it

Have you contacted them? Are they gonna send another one?

I haven't contacted them yet: it's only been i think 9 business days since I ordered, and they ask for people to wait 15.

This IS my reorder, lol :p This was the second batch they've sent me: I can only assume they're stuck in customs because it was there for 2 business days, and when I ordered them successfully, they were in customs for hours.

They have a reshipping gurantee, and they will reship them - it just makes it unpractical for my timeframe (i'm moving out of this house, so this will be my last crop)

thanks for stopin' by dro

Suck about the seeds, but it sounds like all hope is not lost. They still might get through. Other plants look good. That one sure has some funky leaves. Does not even look like MJ. Healthy looking though nice and green. Great job and good luck...

An update on the seeds:

We've had a recurring problem with Canadian orders over the past few weeks and have now ascertained the reason, as stupid as it may sound, is because Canada Post are now rejecting anything without a sender address on the back of the envelope. The problem isn't related to customs opening orders or anything concerning stealth.

We'll get this re-sent once again and I am extremely confident it will arrive this time out given we now know what the problem was.

Best,

The Single Seed Centre.

Interesting. Well, doesn't help me this crop, but I now know wherever I move next, I'll be growing trainwreck, ppp, and master kush :p As for whats going on in the grow room, all is well and happy! Looks like the seedlings have shown roots out the bottom: all except the AMS which is looking a bit... like it won't make it. It had some difficulties coming out of the cube, and as a result is significantly behind. It will most likely be pulled.

Will be lowering the water level, and upping the ppms :) I'll probably be going the full 1200ppm

As of right now, 2 of my bins have hygrozyme and liquid karma, and 2 don't: this was over concerns of possible root issues because of the LK. The LK DOES 'sit' on the roots, but when I move a bubbler under them, or even lift the lid, I see most of it come off in a big sandy cloud.

Pictures when the SLH and cough take on some more defining characteristics: also, I would just like to note once again the amazing strength of the Nirvana WW genetics: all 6 seeds I've purchased in my "growing career" have exploded with growth, producing strong healthy plants.

Why thank you thank you everyone!

I did the little add-back formula, targeted for 1200ppm and managed to get 1000ppm (all the better I suppose :p) I did read that depending on your nutrient solution, you'll almost always get a different result. Anyway, the plants are loving it! My roots are nicer than ever, and these babies couldn't be happier.... I've never had roots so clean.... and large: some of these are easily as big if not bigger than the full out plants I had going before: great news. I've got 4 more weeks of veg time: last grow I only did 10 days. Lookin' forward to some branchy women.

I wish I could take some photos: maybe i'll do a video. I'd like to show you all the crazy training i've done to these plants. Most of the time they think they've fallen over :p. My "prize" plant has no identifiable main cola: tying it down has forced the growth hormones to the other tops, making them shoot up. Then I tie those suckers down! What i've noticed happens is smaller shoots on the stem - i'm talking the little ones that get pinched off - end up thinking they're the tops: They get fat and beefy, while the others catch up. It's been working wonders. The main stem literally grows totally horizontal, about an inch high off the top of my bin, and more and more tops keep poppin' thru, in a nice, even canopy.

ppms: 950-1050
ph: lowered to 5.3 last week, was 6.0 before nutrients, 5.5 after.
Humidity: 50%
Air temp: 75F
Water temp: 72F (never goes higher)
CO2: ? (sigh)

The SLH and Cough are taking on some unique characteristics: clearly different from the WW. Can't wait for these delights! I'll be posting some photos of them tomorrow (lights out right now). Also I just found out that I'll be able to comfortably veg for 1 full month, though 3 more weeks will probably be good enough. I want to finish up, have a week to clean up, (hole repair + paint) + do some bud drying, then give my landlord his/her 3 month notice.

I'm gonna go drool on usul's buds now

nice grow ultra ,,,,,,,,,,,,, your training looks excellent , should really produce , will be keeping trac of your grow .......................... SMOKR1

You're really giving it to those girls - and it looks like they like it!

Seriously, it's good to see how the plants respond to your training - would you call it LST? I'm planning to do something similar in my next grow when I'll be cultivating plants with a tall growth habit - kind of like your SLH. The LST (combined with at least one FIM pruning) will be a pre-ScrOG sort of thing.

Are you planning to do any ScrOGin' on this grow? Seems like you have plenty of space so it's not really necessary... but it could be fun ;)

Grow on bro!

p.s. geez, look at all the acronyms in that post. Maybe I'm starting to get the jargon down. But it also reminds me of all the years I spent working at Microsoft. Shudder... what a hell hole...

nice grow ultra ,,,,,,,,,,,,, your training looks excellent , should really produce , will be keeping trac of your grow .......................... SMOKR1

Thanks alot man, nice to have you along! The WW really responds well to this type of training! I'll probably be drawing up a diagram to show exactly how i'm making the plant grow.

ultra obviously likes it rough :biglaugh:.. lookin good bruh

*whip crack*

You're really giving it to those girls - and it looks like they like it!

Seriously, it's good to see how the plants respond to your training - would you call it LST? I'm planning to do something similar in my next grow when I'll be cultivating plants with a tall growth habit - kind of like your SLH. The LST (combined with at least one FIM pruning) will be a pre-ScrOG sort of thing.

Are you planning to do any ScrOGin' on this grow? Seems like you have plenty of space so it's not really necessary... but it could be fun ;)

Grow on bro!

p.s. geez, look at all the acronyms in that post. Maybe I'm starting to get the jargon down. But it also reminds me of all the years I spent working at Microsoft. Shudder... what a hell hole...

Thanks bud :) Yeah, from what I've read, this is still very much LST. Apparently, when you cut anything (FIM, topping) it becomes HST (high stress training). It could be really cool to grow the plant like I am, and scrog all the tops :p I'm not scroggin' it this grow, Perhaps next grow in a much smaller area, but with the same amount of plants (ideally 16 in veg and 16 in flower). I'm just letting the SLH and cough grow naturally, since i'm not exactly "familiar" with how they develop, AND they're just seedlings, nothing like the largely developed flowering clones (which I only ended up taking as a safety... thank god!)

BTW your babies are looking fantastic! I'd say that you've got it down already... your hydro experience got you to hunker down and really examine your plants. Plus your first-timer scroggin'?! Pfft. You're pro already :p

One thing thats important to me is getting a co2 setup going. That will have to come next grow though :(

Just wanted to post that I created a youtube channel so I could do a couple videos of my setup: I really feel a vid would do it justice. Keep your eyes out for my first ever youtube production :p

Check us out

Very cool! :bravo: Man, your setup is rockin' and you've got some seriously great gear - the 3-display temp/pH/ppm monitor and the environmental controller are especially cool. I just wish the camera would pan around a bit more slowly so I could take it all in.

p.s. thanks for the compliments (blush). I'm definitely still a newbie but am doing my best...

Thanks all :)

Yeah, One tends to "think" they do okay with a camera. I am one of those people :) Clearly I need to take an hour and a few tokes to figure out the best way to film the old room.

I'll try for another video today!

My apologies for another mediocre video, but just wanted to post a quick shot of how hard i'm tying these down.

Just checked ph: nice and stable, 5.5-5.8. I'll be adding more nutrients and additives in a few days so i'll hit 1200ppms: right now i'm at 900-1000, and the plants are loving it: especially the roots. Never had nicer roots: must be the hygrozyme. That combined with the Liquid Karma make for very dirty clean roots :)

I'll be posting a better video in a few days when I can get a little help, but for now:

YouTube - All Tied Down: Garden Sneak Peek

Back
Top Bottom