Blue Planet Powered 18 Strain Hempy

:popcorn: :hookah:

How's that GDP? My clones started flowering under 18/6 so I decided to discontinue her.
Hey HMG! My GDP's are looking good got one repotted to 2.5 gal hempies along with lemon skunk and mighty grape also transplanted. So 2 more Gdp's and La affie and white urkle getting transplanted later tonight. I was trying to save GDP pics for my new journal but its still probably 3 weeks out so since you twisted my arm hehe... Ill put a few mom pics up too so keep your eyes open tonight.

Nope JS I dont have a R/O system yet, but I really need one. Was gonna get a portable one, any feedback on the portable R/O systems?

I dont really have any solid info on what to get, there are alot of R.O. systems out there. Interested in that as well, as I've borrowed my friends system. Puts out around 12 gallons a day.. Eventually I will need my own, so please share what you come up with.
I am not totally sure about this, but I think I've heard something about, you should get a system without water softener, because of the sodium that gets in the water?? Better read up on this..
Also I know, some systems you can set up with a float-shut-off valve, so it keeps your top-up\spare res filled and turns on\off the R.O. System as needed.

Perhaps 'fied has a good solution for you... I have the Hydrologic "Stealth 100" which is small and effective for my needs. It's really easy to hook-up and use. For a little more oomph, the "Stealth 200" will double the filtering capacity per day.

StealthRO.gif

I dont really have any solid info on what to get, there are alot of R.O. systems out there. Interested in that as well, as I've borrowed my friends system. Puts out around 12 gallons a day.. Eventually I will need my own, so please share what you come up with.
I am not totally sure about this, but I think I've heard something about, you should get a system without water softener, because of the sodium that gets in the water?? Better read up on this..
Also I know, some systems you can set up with a float-shut-off valve, so it keeps your top-up\spare res filled and turns on\off the R.O. System as needed.

You don't want a water softener.

I have the "Freshwater" from the filter guys (Google is your friend). I bought their float valve and keep a ~60G barrel full. My system only does 50 GPD. When I use my RO, I use about 50-60 gallons, so I almost empty my holding barrel. I don't know about your situation, but I had to add a heater to mine.

Thx Hiker:high-five:
I was under the impression that some R.O. Units where using a water softener. But its really two different systems right?
As I understand you could use a water softener prior to running it through the R.O. Unit to minimize membrane blockage. But that should not be necesarry tho.

Thanks for all that great R/O info guys :thanks: I know I was supposed to update last night I had time to upload pics but not time to post them. Hey Fied thanks for the offer Ill be pm'ing you in a lil :thumb:. So heres my new reflector its a lighting sun max 37 x 27, oh yeah you can see my new filter/fan setup in this pic its a can 8 and can 75
IMG_20130305_220705.jpg

Heres some pics of what I got under my 400 next set of clones going in, in 3 days
IMG_20130305_220738.jpg
IMG_20130305_2207531.jpg
IMG_20130305_220823.jpg
IMG_20130305_220900.jpg

Here is some pics of my moms 3 gdp 1 La Affie 1 Mighty Grape 1 Lemon Skunk 1 white Urkle and 1 Qrazy Train. The lemon skunk back left corner, mighty grape back right gdp 3 middle white urkle right middle gdp 2 bottom right la affie bottom muddle and gdp 1 bottom right
IMG_20130305_220923.jpg
IMG_20130305_221017.jpg
IMG_20130305_221001.jpg

Thx Hiker:high-five:
I was under the impression that some R.O. Units where using a water softener. But its really two different systems right?
As I understand you could use a water softener prior to running it through the R.O. Unit to minimize membrane blockage. But that should not be necesarry tho.

Not exactly. If your home has a water softener, you will be better served to branch before the softener. Softeners add salt to the water. The RO system would just have more to filter out. Softeners don't remove anything from the water. All they do is add more 'stuff' to the water that combines with the 'hard stuff' making your water better on the pipes and fixtures. The membrane literature will mention filtering hardwater first. That's fine because any RO system you're considering should be a multi-stage. Those first stages provide the filtration needed to maximize the life of the RO membrane.

Keep in mind, I am no expert. I knew a little about the principles of RO systems before I started this grow, but that's it. I did a lot of research and it can get a bit overwhelming. I finally decided I didn't have time to keep reading and called the filter guys. I talked to one of the owners and he was awesome. I wholeheartedly recommend them. They started out serving the aquarium market, but they understand the needs of us horticulturalists. :)

Thanks for all that great R/O info guys :thanks: I know I was supposed to update last night I had time to upload pics but not time to post them. Hey Fied thanks for the offer Ill be pm'ing you in a lil :thumb:. So heres my new reflector its a lighting sun max 37 x 27, oh yeah you can see my new filter/fan setup in this pic its a can 8 and can 75
IMG_20130305_220705.jpg

Heres some pics of what I got under my 400 next set of clones going in, in 3 days
IMG_20130305_220738.jpg
IMG_20130305_2207531.jpg
IMG_20130305_220823.jpg
IMG_20130305_220900.jpg

Here is some pics of my moms 3 gdp 1 La Affie 1 Mighty Grape 1 Lemon Skunk 1 white Urkle and 1 Qrazy Train. The lemon skunk back left corner, mighty grape back right gdp 3 middle white urkle right middle gdp 2 bottom right la affie bottom muddle and gdp 1 bottom right
IMG_20130305_220923.jpg
IMG_20130305_221017.jpg
IMG_20130305_221001.jpg

Deserves a :bump:

Lookin really NICE up in here Mr.G!
Badass reflector, sweet bro;)

-Keep them pictures coming-

Looks good Mr. GMT Very healthy and vibrant +reps my friend.

Thanks HMG :thanks: my moms look good but I think I can do better in my flower room , getting a R/O system and knowing what I give my babies is #1 on my to get list and should help me out considerably. Hey JS thanks for the bump :thumb:

Zup my man, just wanna let you know, I am very much looking forward too your new growjournal getting started. So come on already ;)
:peace:

Thanks for the motivation JS :thanks: maybe thats all I need was a lil nudge :tokin::reading420magazine::morenutes: thats all Ive been doing lately but since someone is intrested Ill get on the intro page :woohoo:

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom