1st Closet grow: Low 2, CRH, Nexus!

UPDATE:

wHEN i PICKED THE PLANTS UP THE NEXT DAY they looked sick all droopy, and it didnt rain very much. Some of the new growth looked burned almost, like they couldnt handle the SUN.

I trimmed them up, gave them a hair cut, topped a bit, and now theyre growing faster.

I just gave them flowering nutes after i flushed straight water, and they are now on 12/12 (3 days now).

The clone has a lot of new root growth but still tryin to grow new leaves.

Lots, and lots of lights added.

Firemen came while I was sleeping, but I hid everything VERY good, no sign of plant life!

Here you go!

1st Closet Grow: Low 2, CRH, Nexus!: Updates
Question:
I have a black ant problem in my buckets and under them (white ones).
1) What can I use to kill them?
2) Are they a threat to my Garden?

If you can't find borax... look for boric (sp?) acid, most hardware shops will have this, and it's the ingredient in borax that kills bugs (one of several really). It's a dry (powder) product and is usually found in the garden section with all the pesticides.

Won't harm the plants unless you let it get into the soil. It will make soil VERY alkaline if you do.

Hey, I was talking about the ants crawling on the plant, and living in the soil.

Anyways, One of the two Columbian red haze turned out to be male. I chopped him down and threw him out, and his roots were huge almost half of the pot.
GOOD NEWS, The other one is female and has lots of little white hairs everywhere. She has all of the lights focused on her. Except for the CFLs on the female nexus ( Shes on 12/12 from seed).

In the other box I have 1 Female Nexus, 1 Purple Kush, My last lowryder2, and a clone from the male plant (fully rooted). It was my first clone, and was very successful:clap:, so im keeping it in veg with the other ones.

On Wednesday or Thursday im takin clones off of the female CRH right after her feeding. Once theyre rooted they are staying in veg for a while. One will stay as mother plant, and others for breeding and flowering.

I WILL this time take pics, along with my video updates.

Peace \ \ / /

Another option for ants and very simple if you can find it at your gardening store is diatomaceous earth. It's inert; harmless to humans. Sprinkle it where the ants come out and where they walk (so they can't avoid it) and it will kill them.
Diatomaceous earth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PICTURES:
I told you guys I would get them pics up...Finally :bongrip:
Oh Yah I got a new bong 2.
0624081715.jpg

Gets me really stoned 2, was $60, but gave it to me for $20.

I built a new bubble cloner thing to replace the old one.

Before:
Veg/Clone box.
phptvDf6cAM.jpg

After:
phpRtxbayAM.jpg

phpOa02VHAM.jpg

php8sXnb6AM.jpg

Temperature Gauge thing
phpyt2QJGAM.jpg

Lowryder2 Last one
phpVMDcYsAM.jpg

Clone from male CRH:
php54MOlWAM.jpg

Heres the Flowering room:

phpnLU9vjAM.jpg

Columbian Red Haze, Day 23 Flowering. Topped and super cropped
phppJZNZGAM.jpg

Up Close on hairs from bud site:
phpKZ5hDbAM.jpg

NEXUS Started from 12/12:
phpc5It0VAM.jpg

What do you think?

Oh yah today is feeding day for CRHes and the low2s first feeding.
:ganjamon::rollit:[

I bought this stuff from peavey mart, it's a READY-TO-USE Plant Growth Regulator. It doest say what it does but I bought it anyways.

Directions:
Ready to use and stimulates the formation of fruit. Also fruit can be formed without pollination. Do not apply to leaves or fruits.Do not make more than five applications per plant season.

How to use:
Aplly a fine light spray directly to the blossom clusters. Do not spray clusters more than once.

Question:

The question is where on my flowering plants would I spray this stuff?
Would it be on the buds and not on the leaves?

Maybe I'll spray just one of them.

Please any feedback would be appreciated!

Cannabis is a seed bearing plant, not a fruit producing plant. The stuff you have increases fruit production somehow. Maybe there's something in it that will help your flowers, but why try to fix it if it ain't broken?

What are the ingredients? My advice is to NOT use it unless you know there is something in the ingredients that will help your plant.

I looked on wikipedia for 4-chlorophenoxy acetic acid/ 0.005%
(Present as diethanolamine).

I got this:
Diethanolamine, often abbreviated as DEA, is an organic chemical compound which is both a secondary amine and a dialcohol. A dialcohol has two hydroxyl groups in its molecule. Like other amines, diethanolamine acts as a weak base.

Production:
Monoethanolamine is produced by reacting ethylene oxide with aqueous ammonia; the reaction also produces diethanolamine and triethanolamine. the ratio of the products can be controlled by changing the stoichiometry of the reactants.

Reactions:
Morpholine may be produced by the dehydration of DEA with sulfuric acid.

Safety:
DEA and its variants are suspected of increasing the risk of cancer. DEA can combine with amines present in cosmetic formulations to form nitrosamines (N-nitrosodiethanolamine), which are known to be highly carcinogenic.[2] Studies also show that DEA directly inhibits fetal brain development in mice by blocking the absorption of choline, a nutrient required for brain development and maintenance.[3] DEA is also associated with miscarriages in laboratory studies.

It is also hygroscopic, so should be stored in an anhydrous environment whenever possible.

Maybe its a bad idea???

It's not for bud. It's to help tomatoes set fruit better. Since the flower on a tomato plant falls off as the fruit develops, the chemical would not be a risk to people eating tomatoes.

Remember, anything to do with the DEA is a bad idea.

Back
Top Bottom