Ultrasonic's 8-Strain DWC Spectacular

ultrasonic

Hello Community!

I would like to welcome everyone to my second ever grow journal! I have learned so much from my earlier journal, when I grew only 5 plants. Now that I realize the potential, I've made some upgrades and increased my plant count. Allow me to briefly outline my setup below:

Strains:
1 strawberry cough
1 blue cheese
1 super lemon haze
1 pure power plant
1 master kush
1 trainwreck
1 AMS
1 White Widow seed
9 White Widow clones

Upgrades:
1. 6 foot light mover added
2. Most ventilation increased to 6 inch duct, up from 4
3. 1 more bin added: 4 plants per bin. This is up from 1-2 plants per bin
4. Only 1 more bin, but DOUBLED my air input by getting a second piston pump. My 1st was 18w, and this one is 20w

Method/Equipment:
I will be growing DWC style, LSTing the plants as much as possible to increase their density and yeild. The bins will hold 18-20 gallons, and make great reservoirs. I'll be using the 1000w Sunpulse 3k bulb, supplemented with 200w of CFL's to aid in side illumination (they will hang down lower, and more off to the sides, but can be plugged INTO my mover). The lamp is aircooled with 450CFM, and will be very close to the tops of the plants. Nutrients will be GH Lucas Formula + Liquid Karma + Grozyme. I plan on a nice long 1 month veg.

Startup:
Seeds will be sprouted in water and grozyme, then moved into rockwool plugs, then into cubes. I will start them as soon as my final few arrive (should be tomorrow along with my light mover rail... motor arrived today) The room is currently in 12/12, but I have another 24hr closet going with the aero WW clones, waitin' on them to revert. I do have a small "to do" list:

1. Mount light mover and light
2. re-duct venting for lamp
3. prep bins for next grow
4. cleanup of all that leftover garbage from my last grow :)

I hope everyone follows along, and I'll be posting some updates as soon as my last 3 plants finish up! :peace:

Well I figure it's time for some update food!

• The room is 85% configured. All I need to do is clean hydroton, and attach airstones!
  • I've got 5 seeds started! I think my other 3 got stopped by customs, and I don't want to have to wait for them to be reshipped. I ordered from worldwide-marijuana-seeds, and they have a shipping guarantee, will reship for free. 5 seeds + 9 clones = 14 plants (at best) instead of the full 16... 4x pots per bin, 4x bins
  • Will post pics when there is some action :) Shouldn't be too long! (strawberry cough is one fat seed... have that going with AMS, Blue Cheese, Super Lemon Haze, White Widow... one of each seed. The clones are WW, btw.

IMG_01912.JPG

IMG_01902.JPG

IMG_01894.JPG

IMG_01886.JPG

IMG_01874.JPG

IMG_01855.JPG

:cheer:

Very clean room brother! Love the strains also.

Will stop by when i can Ultrasonic

THB

Cleanliness is next to Godliness :smokin:

Love to have you hang around, thank you!

A little update: 4 out of 5 seeds have already popped after soaking for less than 24 hours in water w/ a bit of liquid karma and grozyme.
The only one to not pop yet is the Blue Cheese (which I really want). I went ahead and put the ones that did pop directly into rockwool plugs.
Also, I should note, the ams came completely free of it's shell: something i've never seen before.

I love your hydro setup bro. I can see you have spent some quality time setting up.
Props and reps to you buddy, ill think I'll follow this journal with xcitment and curiosity.

Hey Ultrasonic. I don't know much about hydro yet, but to me that setup is looking like it's ready to rock! Thanks for the photos. Man, I can't wait to see the plants in there, in full bloom. Do you have that bud curing now?

:popcorn:

Hey Hi and Hello everyone :) It's been a little while, but i've been trying to get things together, and trying to give the plants a little time to do something picture worthy. All my clones are still revegging, which is okay, because i've got a full 2 months scheduled in for veg time, plus seedlings. It looks like I'll end up with at most 15 plants, at least 13. I'm waiting on those 3 more seeds to arrive, upon which they will be germinated immediately. Trainwreck, PPP and a kush variety that I cannot recall.

The blue cheese... my "captains cupboard" strain, failed to pop :(

As you'll see in the pics below, I've got some junk on my roots. I'm pretty convinced that it's just normal from the liquid karma (used I think a 1/2 or 1/4 dose). I've read that some people keep sponges attached to the wall of their tanks to allow this stuff to colonize, as it needs something to attach to... I assume it's best if it's not the roots. Not sure if I'll try this though........ I just plan to go chemical for the rest of the grow, especially for the flowering stage, lol. Considering going straight chemical for my next grow, assisted with Dutch Master Zone

Well, guess i'll just throw out some pics... took these a couple days ago. They're on the reveggin train, and some are further along than others. Like I said though, it's okay because i've got seedlings trying to catch up. A couple of the clones still have lots of thc on them... it's nice to rub them and smell what I used to have *dream* :rollit:

New "supermacro" feature I found in my camera... makes for interesting shots
IMG_02457.JPG

these are under a raised 1000w right now.
IMG_02412.JPG

IMG_023810.JPG

IMG_02368.JPG

look at the sediment and residue from a 1/4 dose of liquid karma! Sheesh! No wonder adding a full dose in with all that molasses made my last grow go crazy!!
IMG_023211.JPG

IMG_02257.JPG

IMG_02228.JPG

IMG_02194.JPG

IMG_02186.JPG

Conclusion: I WILL be using flowering clones again: these suckers branch out like madless! My largest one has about 18 branches coming out of it, and it's only 6-8 inches tall (well, 3 inches tall if you consider that it's pinned down lst style :p) These are in a 1/2 strenth solution with liquid karma and hygrozyme. They seem to be responding well, though I don't think I'll be adding any more karma, or if I do, it will be very little at a time.

More as the action develops. will probably update when seeds arrive, so sometime before the end of the week.

I'm back baby!

You got yourself some great strains. Can not wait to watch those seeds grow into big, budding ladies. Im in for sure...

Thanks sonzor, i'll be glad to have you around as usual :)

I was just looking at the photos and I wanted to mention: the roots look kinda slimy, but thats because there's water running down them from the hydroton above (water level is still quite high)

Makes it look slimy I think, but I assure you: all is good. I even lowered the light today when I saw how happy everything was. A note on the seedlings: It's really interesting to see WW and SLH next to eachother... they look quite different. SLH is already quite razory.

Back
Top Bottom