5 Gallon Buckets

You don't want a constant damp. I would have given them another day. The roots will find the moisture. The further down they go the better. Sometimes the hardest thing to do is to leave them be. Do you have a watering schedule?

One of the plants had a couple leaves that looked like they were wilting. I don’t have a watering schedule yet I was kinda going by how the plant looked. I gave each plant 16 oz water last night just to see how they looked this morning. The soil meter I bought was reading in the middle not damp or dry should I let them get down to the dry side? I did read that over watering doesn’t give the roots oxygen but I am using a mixture of fox farm, Perlite, and coconut coir and the water seems to go through the soil like it’s not there. I will try to let them go for awhile but it’s hard cause I care. Thanks for the advise.

One of the plants had a couple leaves that looked like they were wilting. I don’t have a watering schedule yet I was kinda going by how the plant looked. I gave each plant 16 oz water last night just to see how they looked this morning. The soil meter I bought was reading in the middle not damp or dry should I let them get down to the dry side? I did read that over watering doesn’t give the roots oxygen but I am using a mixture of fox farm, Perlite, and coconut coir and the water seems to go through the soil like it’s not there. I will try to let them go for awhile but it’s hard cause I care. Thanks for the advise.

Attachments

• FF20DDE9-E0A4-4BCD-BA1C-7FF536E5C06A.jpeg
    FF20DDE9-E0A4-4BCD-BA1C-7FF536E5C06A.jpeg
    504.3 KB · Views: 168
Yes. Let them go down to the dry side. Seven gallon pots are large. 16 oz of water is very little and not really going to do anything good. If you are using one of those double pronged detectors for soil, they are basically crap for everything listed that they do except indicate a level of moisture. At least that is my experience. Dry, damp, and soaking are the best you should expect from them. Picking up the pot is also something you should do. After a while you will know how much moisture they have by feel.

What I suggest you do right now is first and foremost ... start a journal. Dates and time of water and feeding. What you are feeding. Lighting conditions and timing. All the stuff you should be doing during your grow. Write it down. If you don't, you will double up, omit, miss time, over/under everything. If you approach this logically and write things down, you stand a very good chance of success

Your plants look good. What you need to do now is make them strong. You will do that by encouraging the roots to expand to the bottom and edges of your pots. So stop watering the main stem. Water from the edge of the pot to no more than half way in. Water until it starts leaking out the bottom. Your roots will sniff the water and move to it. That is how they get big and stable. You will need to water once or twice a week initially depending on RH, temp, and ventilation.

Do you have a PH pen? What are you PHing to when you feed? Are you running a fan to exchange the air under the leaves?

My two cents. :nomo:

Yes. Let them go down to the dry side. Seven gallon pots are large. 16 oz of water is very little and not really going to do anything good. If you are using one of those double pronged detectors for soil, they are basically crap for everything listed that they do except indicate a level of moisture. At least that is my experience.
Dry, damp, and soaking are the best you

Lshould expect from them. Picking up the pot is also something you should do. After a while you will know how much moisture they have by feel.

You were right it looks like the plants are really taking off. Thanks for the advice. I still haven’t watered them and they seem to be doing great.

What I suggest you do right now is first and foremost ... start a journal. Dates and time of water and feeding. What you are feeding. Lighting conditions and timing. All the stuff you should be doing during your grow. Write it down. If you don't, you will double up, omit, miss time, over/under everything. If you approach this logically and write things down, you stand a very good chance of success

Your plants look good. What you need to do now is make them strong. You will do that by encouraging the roots to expand to the bottom and edges of your pots. So stop watering the main stem. Water from the edge of the pot to no more than half way in. Water until it starts leaking out the bottom. Your roots will sniff the water and move to it. That is how they get big and stable. You will need to water once or twice a week initially depending on RH, temp, and ventilation.

Do you have a PH pen? What are you PHing to when you feed? Are you running a fan to exchange the air under the leaves?

My two cents. :nomo:

The picture is from one of my plants the othe plant doesn’t seem to be exhibiting this wilting leaf issue. Both plants are in 7 gallon pots with the same soil mixture.

The plants are looking so much better now since I stopped water.

Attachments

• 9B6ADECB-D608-41FD-B57F-686527E2C6F2.jpeg
    9B6ADECB-D608-41FD-B57F-686527E2C6F2.jpeg
    818.6 KB · Views: 168
  • 232C5A04-4AAB-495E-A767-AAEE6723009B.jpeg
    232C5A04-4AAB-495E-A767-AAEE6723009B.jpeg
    741.9 KB · Views: 174
Are you thinking of training and/or topping them? Don't forget to encourage the roots to spread by watering away from the stem.

I topped the bigger one which is the tangerine auto and was thinking of topping the candy kush. I have done a little trimming on the tangerine just to clean up the bottom and a couple other leaves getting in the way. I can’t imagine have four plants in my tent.

The plants are looking so much better now since I stopped water.
As mentioned earlier it's really hard to not water your plants. And you will need to create a schedule. If you get a chance, read this thread on how to properly water your plant and you will understand the importance of at least having a good watering schedule. Keep at it Buckets, things are looking good and you are doing a great job keeping the girls happy.

Well I topped the Candy Kush this morning, I was going to let it go but seen the potential for more growth. I still haven't watered the plants and they are looking good. Just wanted to add some pictures for everyone to see the progress. The smaller plant to the right is the one I topped this morning I imagine it will take off in the next few days.

Attachments

• IMG_2687.JPG
    IMG_2687.JPG
    671.8 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_2682.JPG
    IMG_2682.JPG
    628.5 KB · Views: 160
I've used the 5 gal buckets with about 2 inches of rocks at the bottom, no holes - watering to a schedule like many folks have stated - been experimenting with a gravity drip watering system too - used CFL grow light and will switch to an LED for my next grow

bucket 1.JPG
bucket 2.JPG

Plants are doing great now that I stopped watering. The house is starting to smell a little. I am lifting the pots to feel how much water is in them verses using the cheap probe I bought. Attached is a picture of the auto flower tangerine and the candy kush.

Attachments

• A7D0B62E-074B-4196-8ADB-B907D2D1D8EE.jpeg
    A7D0B62E-074B-4196-8ADB-B907D2D1D8EE.jpeg
    833.3 KB · Views: 180
  • 76197B67-6EF6-4F94-9AAD-8352D878E8BC.jpeg
    76197B67-6EF6-4F94-9AAD-8352D878E8BC.jpeg
    663.6 KB · Views: 170
  • 85326B56-5198-45AB-866C-9A55C6248730.jpeg
    85326B56-5198-45AB-866C-9A55C6248730.jpeg
    549.4 KB · Views: 155
I've used the 5 gal buckets with about 2 inches of rocks at the bottom, no holes - watering to a schedule like many folks have stated - been experimenting with a gravity drip watering system too - used CFL grow light and will switch to an LED for my next grow

bucket 1.JPG
bucket 2.JPG

Sure is pretty Mr Buckets.

Wick

I have two auto flower plants growing right now and its been a month since I planted. The Tangerine auto is starting to get white hairs on the tops of the plant. Do I need to switch the light cycle on autos or do you let them run their course? attached is a couple pictures from today.

Attachments

• IMG_2719.JPG
    IMG_2719.JPG
    508.5 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_2720.JPG
    IMG_2720.JPG
    480.9 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_2721.JPG
    IMG_2721.JPG
    793.4 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_2722.JPG
    IMG_2722.JPG