5 x Strains All Soil First Medi Grow Whoa!

k im going to cut lights from 24 2 19/5 instead of 12/12 like i recently talked about for a couple reasons.

1 i had that shitty transplant

2 the humidity comes up when i shut the light off

3 i tied a couple of the big ass branches from low on the stalk down tonight, figure another week or 2 of veg cant hurt.

the clones are kickin, not sure what the 2 fim ones are doin yet just seems 2 have half leaves growin out lol

I grabbed like 5 or 6 gallons of distilled and just flushed it hard, got ph readings more like 6-7 so im happy now! Got a fan blowing right at the holes in the new container because now im afraid of overwater damage, considering the amount of times ive made half-ass attempts at flushing this week.

Ordering ppm and digi ph tester tommorow

I find the humidity is the most impotent during budding as this has the greatest chance of mold, also IMO the dryer in budding the higher the resin content.
br

I find the humidity is the most impotent during budding as this has the greatest chance of mold, also IMO the dryer in budding the higher the resin content.
br

hmm well i will def be proof of that if its true because its dryer than dry in my room

Good I will be waiting for the results.
br

IMAG02134.JPG

Tied a couple branches down and i tested soil in many different places and figure i get an average of like 6.4 or so. I just read a couple things talking about how u have to keep soil or liquid moving to get correct ph reading with these cheap meters.

This makes sense so i guess like i said the best way i cant tell is to take a bunch of readings from all over the pot and average it up?

IMAG02146.JPG

Doesnt appear sick really?

IMAG02204.JPG

Im goona lst 2 of the buddah clones as i have already fim'd 2 as well

IMAG02194.JPG

They do look good, not sick.
br

ya if the camera was better i would take pics of the fresher leaves, the seem to have taken some bad shock since the ph problem and the massive overwater due to my lack of action on the ph problem.

Should improve now tho

they all look healthy bro

good 2 hear i guess i problly was over re-acting some when i started to see some signs of stress because i recently printed out the sick plan thread off from here which ended up like 38 pages of shit that can go wrong with a plant lol!!!

But i guess everyone keeps telling me im doing good, being the rookie i am, im here to take everyones word for it lol..

The big buddah is staying about the same but i am watching closely to see that growth speed back up. Soon as i do im probly goona give it its first dose of transition bud nutes and full steam ahead

so all is good the seedlings (jack herer, super lemon haze, blackberry, and skunk) are jumpin out their pots lol

Growth is astonishing can see differences like every 5 hours.

The buddah mother is finally showing signs of new growth, the freshest leaves look fresh again and are straightening out a little bit, i think i got the ph problem fixed.

What does everyone use to test soil ph? I just got one of them soil master things that does moisture light and ph

ok so the digital pens, to make it clear for me, are simply for testing your nute solutions, in order to be testing soil u need one with the electro probes right?

Are the pens and cheap probe soil testers reliable enough to go by for a few months or should i be trying to get a good one as soon as possible?

I was also told to check out the total alkalinity of my tap water as well.

Well ive came to the conclusion that i post alot lol and am very indecisive hehe.

Ive certainly changed my mind enough since ive started the journal about things but, with some trial and error i do seem to be accomplishing things.

I turned the other light on and switched heaters to one of them stand up oil things instead of the small fan blower type.
Also dug up an air purifier or something like that, whatever it is, it emits moisture into the air and last time i checked the humidity was at 30% and climbing and that makes me happy :)

I really need some advice on my ph bullcrap!!! When i flushed last time and followed the directions on the back of the box 2 my soil ph tester i was getting good readings at about 6-7 and thought i was in good shape.

I used like 6-8 gals of water to like 5 gallons of soil and had just flushed a few days prior to when it was in a 3 gal pot with like 4 gals of water.

I realize some of the shock i am seeing to the plant is from all the damn water but i have checked the ph again while not completely following the directions to the ph meter (by this i mean the directions say to test ph in soil during watering, when the soil is still mucky.) So by not following the directions i have only not gotten the water mucky but it is still moist.

My concern is that when i put the probes in and near the root ball of the plant i am getting low low readings like 4-5. When i go out toward the edge of the pot to fresher soil i get readings like 6-7 and my other plants are also reading at a good level wet and or dry soil!!!!

What should i do?

Hydro all the way here, but hey - this is what I got. Mind you, a wee bit tipsy as I write this

As far as the health of the plants, A1 my Man. They seem to be doing very well.

You mentioned humidity in one of your posts - here's how I deal with that for clones/seedlings. Simply place a ziplock bag or small clear Rubbermaid container over her for a week or so. That'll keep the RH higher for them. all the water you put on them will try to evaporate, but either method will keep the RH up in their enclosed env, even if yer thermostat doesn't show you. Think of the cloner domes. Same deal.

Test the ph of the run off water,If the ph is high near the roots on one plant you may have a root rot or other trouble, you can try superthrive or similar products.
good luck
br

Test the ph of the run off water,If the ph is high near the roots on one plant you may have a root rot or other trouble, you can try superthrive or similar products.
good luck
br

well i just transplanted it recently and it didnt appear to have any nastiness visible on the roots, it actually looked good all around.

Last time i flused i tested the run off just before it was about done draining and i got like 6 or 6.5 and i was happy.

What is the ph of the water going in? is the water hard?
br

Back
Top Bottom