7 1/2 foot tall sativa - Organic outdoor grow flowering

just a couple more pics

IMG95201409059508420895830.jpg
IMG95201409059508392595428.jpg

hey everyone mid way through week 8 now and shes starting to pack on weight as you can see her tops are beginning to lean :) got those tied up today though so they shouldnt fall over those are going to be some long nice colas i predict :)

2014090695130046.jpg
201409069509220395Richtone_HDR_.jpg

and one other question if i see some foxtailing starting should i cut it off or just let it go? such as in the pic below
201409069509233395Richtone_HDR_.jpg

dad news everyone i found a bad thing today, having so many flowers it was hard to spot any bananas or the male pollen sacks and well.....

so ill be harvesting her, he, it next weekend as the seeds are still very small so im going to give the plant one more week to mature a little more and harvest before the seeds take over. only good news is ill have a bunch of feminized seeds just waiting to be planted i guess :) just trying to look at the bright side of having a plant that hermied,

2014090795145248.jpg

here is a couple more pics of the flowers and i think that the reason the pistols started turning brown could have been from being pollinated?? so just wanted to let everyone know of my misfortune and fortune i guess, not lets hope i win plant of the month so i can get all the neat stuff to grow next season lol.

i would also like to thank antics for all the advice and knowledge you shared as well as conradino and relaxed lester for there help as well glad the flowers were able to produce some nice full fat buds before the seeds attacked and with next weekend being 9 1/2 weeks of flower she might be a good smoke and medication we'll see, at least she didnt hermi in week 2 or 5 this way i still get a decent harvest :)

2014090795090129.jpg
2014090795085954.jpg

Sorry for this hermie man, but that's not the end of the world. With seeds you usually need to go till the end to make sure they mature ok.
My advice is to search for the pollinated branches and leave them on while pulling unpollinated ones now or very soon if they're at least a lil' bit cloudy. Now, I don't know where this genetics came to yr door man, but it looks like a Colombian sativa or very close to it, and these carry hermie traits very often, so you have an explanation at least.

thanks conradino i guess i have a couple more questions then,

1. if the trichomes are beginning to become cloudy and i obviously have to harvest asap is there a possibility that some of the buds or flowers wont have seeds?

2. when harvesting just because of work and the time i have during the week is it possible for me to harvest the tops of the 5 main branches tomorrow and then some of the side branches each day?? while leaving the branches or parts of branches that have "infected" flowers on to fully mature the seeds. or does the entire plant have to be harvested all at once??

3. if it is a colombian sativa have you or anyone you know ever had one?? and are they good smoke, medicine?

if i have to harvest the entire plant all at once it will have to wait until saturday as i dont have that kind of time during the week

So you can harvest only these branches that you think are more or less ready or even their parts. The rest will just continue to grow and mature. But for the seeds you have to inspect every one of them, and yes, there's still a chance that some didn't get pollinated. Then, I dunno if it's really a Colombian sativa, but it looks like one of these for sure. It also resembles some Hawaiian landraces I saw.

ok thanks conradino, also i had someone tell me they think its a hemp plant but i have looked this up since day one because i know sativa hemp and sativa cannabis looks very similar, but hemp doesnt branch out like this, and hemp doesnt form trichomes if i read correctly hemp forms the stem of the trichome but not the little ball on top, would you know anything about that? because this does have the trichomes i just dont know and would like to be sure.

and it looks like a guys Black Maui sativa that i saw

well ive decided since not all of the flowers are pollinated and that after a big search for male flowers that there isnt any so there must be a male plant somewhere that happened to pollinate some of it weather by wind or winged little critters so im letting her go to finish up as usual if theres seeds in some i guess ill have to pick them out and plant them next year, figure i could harvest now and have unsatisfactory medicine or let it go and still get the proper maturity and medicine and just a little extra work when i want to smoke. still would like some input on weather you think its a hemp plant or a cannabis plant though thank you :)

that is advise i got from my 50+ year old aunt who also grows outside lol i had no idea till now either lmao but thats whats going on and shes getting some beautiful colors though :)

2014090895162649.jpg
2014090895163717.jpg

It's not a hemp plant, man. I'm positive bout that :) Are these pistils kinda reddish or they just seem like that on a photo?

are 1000 watt HID lights good for growing, im trying to figure out what kind of lights ill need going the cheapest but still effective route for indoor growing as i ordered bubblicious seeds + 10 other random free seeds from NIRVANA because now that i grew once (even though now it might just be hemp) im really wanting to grow again :)

bubblicious looked like it will bring a good yield and im going to try them indoor and outdoor-(next year) and the other 10 ill just see what i get.

please just help me with the type of lights ill need im on a tight budget for them as well

are 1000 watt HID lights good for growing, im trying to figure out what kind of lights ill need going the cheapest but still effective route for indoor growing as i ordered bubblicious seeds + 10 other random free seeds from NIRVANA because now that i grew once (even though now it might just be hemp) im really wanting to grow again :)

bubblicious looked like it will bring a good yield and im going to try them indoor and outdoor-(next year) and the other 10 ill just see what i get.

please just help me with the type of lights ill need im on a tight budget for them as well

Did you read what anyone said about it not being hemp?

What's the point in asking for advice on lighting, when you didn't listen to advice on that it more than likely isn't hemp?

I don't want to come off sounding mean or anything here.. but like.. if you ask a question, and totally ignore everything someone says about it to help you, why would they bother to answer another question? Personally, I would assume any time I spend in giving you an answer would just be wasted.

So to shorten things, go LED.

Did you read what anyone said about it not being hemp?

What's the point in asking for advice on lighting, when you didn't listen to advice on that it more than likely isn't hemp?

I don't want to come off sounding mean or anything here.. but like.. if you ask a question, and totally ignore everything someone says about it to help you, why would they bother to answer another question? Personally, I would assume any time I spend in giving you an answer would just be wasted.

So to shorten things, go LED.

i am listening to what people are saying i cut a flower off today and am drying it out right now to test it (quick dry) and will probably smoke it tomorrow with a buddy of mine to see what its all about,

i am listening to what im told because im new, and because the more i know the better off ill be, also i was just coming on here to ask about a led light (Pioneer 300W 10band Full Spectrum LED Grow Light Panel) would that be a good light for 2 plants at a time? idk if it just for veg or flower or both...

sorry antics if i rubbed you the wrong way about the hemp tread and just like everyone else i believe its a cannabis plant but we will know for sure by tomorrow of friday when i give her her test run its just since someone told me it was or looked like a hemp plant i freaked out because of all the time i have put into it.

Back
Top Bottom