7 1/2 foot tall sativa - Organic outdoor grow flowering

MarsHydro 300W LED Grow Light IR Full Spectrum Panel For Medical Flower Plants
Model: 100LED*3W
MPN: 300W
Type: LED
jmnkl.JPG
57m_.JPG
57105.JPG

would that light work? its says for medical flower plants so im wondering if it will work for veg too? just trying to buy the right stuff, dont want to buy a 200 dollar light and it just work for the flowering stage id like it to work for both

i read that it does do growth and flowering stages there just isnt a switch to chose which lights to use, is that ok? its a great price being $105.00 brand new but will it work ok if im growing 2 plants under it at a time? i would go 450w but dont have the funds for that right now and from what ive read other people were using 300w led like this and getting good results, just asking because everyone else has or might have the experience with LEDs

Yes it will. Mine will be in my hands this coming Tuesday. I'm not really nervous or worried about it, the only difference is I have to set the LED higher than my CFLs. Otherwise, everything else in my grow stays the same, so it'll be easy to move into LED for me.

It says it covers an area of 3'x2.5' (36 inches x 30 inches) That should easily handle 2-3 smaller/medium sized plants. MAYBE 4. The comparison that I've seen so far, is that typically people use 300 LED watts to replace 600w HID systems, and get similar results. Although I haven't seen any actual clone comparisons yet of LED vs. HID. I also haven't seen any technical specs that state x number of LED watts = x number of HID watts. So I'm only going by what I've seen people doing in comparison.
But at the saame time, don't think you can't have a good yield with a small plant. My Power Flower was only about 15" tall and yielded over an ounce. My Cali Jack is only 14" tall, and although it's still growing, I'm guessing I have at least 1.5 ounces on it.

I plan on growing only one plant under the new LED, to see if I can yield the same amount in 1 plant with an LED, as I yielded with 2 plants under CFL. :)

i think what im going to do for my first indoor grow under the led is make a divider for the grow room thing im gonna make and start 2 plants at the same time let one veg for 4 weeks then put up the divider to put that one into flower while letting the other veg for 4 more weeks and see what the difference is between yields, if i understand correct though the longer in veg and the bigger the plant is allowed to get during veg the bigger the yield, does that sound right?

Wow nice! I dint know you had a thread going for her!

Sorry antic, my fault. I had suggested the seed may have come from a feral/wild plant of some sort. I am not dismissing the possibility that there are some more plant scattered around his area.

Sorry bout the seeds bud! If you don't find any male flowers you should be good to go for using those seeds! Congrats on the light! Looks like the random outdoor grow made you into something of a gardener! Glad to have ya on board!

Wow nice! I dint know you had a thread going for her!

Sorry antic, my fault. I had suggested the seed may have come from a feral/wild plant of some sort. I am not dismissing the possibility that there are some more plant scattered around his area.

Sorry bout the seeds bud! If you don't find any male flowers you should be good to go for using those seeds! Congrats on the light! Looks like the random outdoor grow made you into something of a gardener! Glad to have ya on board!

I was just thinking if he had ditch weed/feral plants in his area, he would have mentioned it. There aren't ANY places near me where it grows, and I've only seen 1 person on the forum talk about it near them, and it grew in large patches, so I had assumed a single plant in one area would have been the result of a tossed seed.

But I think we'll know for sure when he harvests and gives it a smoke test :rollit:

J189RFC-- thanks, and its fine i dont think theres any hard feelings, and yes for sure growing this plant has been quite fun and it for medicine it makes growing that much more interesting.

Antics-- where im from there is ditch weed every now and then, though i have never see it ive been told its there but law enforcement flies around spots it and goes around pulling it out and getting rid of it, i never though of that as being a possibility just because this plant is in my back yard and idk how ditch weed would have gotten back there randomly, but i guess that should have been brought up.

Organic Weed-- im not sure exactly what your asking. but i spotted it growing the first week in may it was about 6 inches tall, it veged until july 15th and started flowering on the 16th, it has been flowering now for 9 weeks and 3 days and still going, ill try and get more pics up today or tomorrow

and antics i went back and read your post where you said you would have to adjust the height of the led light higher than your cfl lighting, why? and how many inches above the plant should the led light be hung? i dont want to hang it to far away or to close so i thought this would be a good question :) thank you

i think what im going to do for my first indoor grow under the led is make a divider for the grow room thing im gonna make and start 2 plants at the same time let one veg for 4 weeks then put up the divider to put that one into flower while letting the other veg for 4 more weeks and see what the difference is between yields, if i understand correct though the longer in veg and the bigger the plant is allowed to get during veg the bigger the yield, does that sound right?

You will need two lights for this strategy. You probably know that, but I thought it was worth mentioning anyways.

Thanks.

and antics i went back and read your post where you said you would have to adjust the height of the led light higher than your cfl lighting, why? and how many inches above the plant should the led light be hung? i dont want to hang it to far away or to close so i thought this would be a good question :) thank you

CFL's are vey forgiving. You can put them 1" away from your plants.

LED's are far more intense. They need a minimum of 8-10" - I recommend closer to 12-20.

It's all about the spectrum and how much usable light reaches your plants. With CFLs there is minimal usable spectrum. With properly designed LEDs there is much, much more. So much so that it can overwhelm your plants.

Get those lights too far away and plants will s-t-r-e-t-c-h to it. That is bad as well. I've found about 10 inches is perfect for my light and conditions.

Yes it will. Mine will be in my hands this coming Tuesday. I'm not really nervous or worried about it, the only difference is I have to set the LED higher than my CFLs. Otherwise, everything else in my grow stays the same, so it'll be easy to move into LED for me.

You are going to love it! I sure do.

You will need two lights for this strategy. You probably know that, but I thought it was worth mentioning anyways.

Thanks.

shuffledemon i was hoping i wouldnt need 2 light for that, this is how i was thinking of doing it tell me if im wrong though so i can change my plan, but both plant will be under the 1 300W led but when i put one into the flowering cycle could i just move the light over so now its centered over the 1 plant that is in veg since the one thats in flower wont need it and will be in its dark period? lights on will be the same for both plants but one plant will have lights out sooner than the other, just curious and if you dont think that will work ill just have to either grow both the same or just one at a time until i get another light

shuffledemon i was hoping i wouldnt need 2 light for that, this is how i was thinking of doing it tell me if im wrong though so i can change my plan, but both plant will be under the 1 300W led but when i put one into the flowering cycle could i just move the light over so now its centered over the 1 plant that is in veg since the one thats in flower wont need it and will be in its dark period? lights on will be the same for both plants but one plant will have lights out sooner than the other, just curious and if you dont think that will work ill just have to either grow both the same or just one at a time until i get another light

That definitely _could_ work. The question you have to ask yourself (and be honest!) is will you do that every day without fail? Anything left to a manual process is risky, to me. Everyone is different, of course, though.

Ensure that night is black. I've read stories of people having power bar lights on only, and having constant hermie problems until that was taped over and effectively blacked out. I'm suspicious of that particular claim, but the point stands - black needs to be black.

Good luck!

im going to give it a go ill probably use one of the free seeds i get as the plant that will go into 12/12 first so that way if i forget one day to move the light and get that one into the darkness then at least it wasnt one of the seeds i bought kind of sort of lol itll be a test for myself if i fail ill just put both into 12/12 after that

Shuffledemon is right on with his numbers. I plant to start mine at 18" above the canopy. I'll make adjustments from there as needed to keep the light footprint focused on the plant. I plan on growing from seed to harvest on LED, full spectrum.

alright im back with the all important question, when dealing with auto-flowering plants,

1 can you LST? and to what extent? dont want to cause to much stress to a plant built for speed.
2 can you top the plant? if so when is it ok and when isnt it ok?
3 how does the plant determine when to flower? is it days of growth, height, root mass? also with it being an auto-flowering plant does it matter if it is planted in a 3,5, or 7 gallon system? since im guessing it only makes it to a pre determined size???

a few things i have read so far are that you shouldnt top them due to the fact that they are plants with genetics for speed but in your (everyone and anyone) experience is it ok to top it young and LST to produce more branches? i also read that when put in a 3 gallon pot or bucket whatever, it will get 2-3 feet tall the bigger you use the bigger the plant, now obviously the bigger the pot the bigger the plants potential but with it being auto-flowering it reverts back to question 3, what determines when an auto-flowering plant begins to flower? i also read that auto-flowering plants should be planted from seed (after germination) in the pot that its going to stay in until harvested as they cant handle the stress the way a regular non auto-flowering plant can?? please if you have the knowledge help answer some of these questions as the seeds i bought are auto-flowering, and it would be nice to know everything i can before i start one.

thank you!! :)

Back
Top Bottom