A Base Treatment Regimen For Cancer

Note: I should have said "50-60%, not 65-70%" in my previous post.

80-90% is a much higher concentration. 1 gram of this higher concentrated oil means there is 800 - 900 mg of THC in 1ml of the oil. I'm assuming the oil is in a syringe with graduated markings, most commonly ml? It's common to consume 1-2grams of oil/day. However, the patient needs to work up a tolerance to this amount, commonly over a month or so. A standard recreational dose of THC here in the States is typically 10mg. So small amounts to start is advised.

Just saw your new post....

"Hi, thank you for responding. It is tar like black and thick sludge. I’m told today it is 50-60 percent or thereabouts as they don’t test every time. “Extracted using isopropyl and then burnt leaving just pure THC.” I have no way of verifying this information other than recommendations from an acquaintance. I should be able to get different product, more concentrated from next week. But cannabis is illegal in the U.K. so there are supply issues unless you know people, which I don’t."

This is what I was afraid of. "tar like black and thick sludge", "“Extracted using isopropyl". This is how I did it when I first started and it is VERY difficult to remove all the Isopropyl alcohol, not to mention it burns the throat and tastes like shit! Sorry, but my recommendation would be not to use it. ISO is poisonous.

A good oil should be honey colored. Ideally it would be tested so you know exactly what's in it and what's not. It's very difficult to dose accurately if you don't know the % of the THC in the oil. Hopefully you can acquire a better oil soon.

I use food grade Ethanol, either 190 or 200 proof and then I use a low temp vacuum purge/distiller to evaporate the ethanol at 100ºF to retain as many terpenes as possible.

If you have the opportunity to acquire the 80-90% oil, ask if it's a distillate or and isolate. A distillate will retain all of the various cannabinoids, terpenes, etc, and/or the extractor may add terpenes back in. An isolate is usually one cannabinoid, ie THC. They "isolate" the THC out of the material. This is ok, but IMO a full plant extract is much better.

Sorry, got to go, more later...
Quoting the reply: “Extracted at about -20°Celcius maybe -15°c, decarbed in a vacuum oven to preserve the terpenes & lower boiling point cannabinoids” The guy confirmed the oil is liquid and honey colour (most of the time). Is this what I’m looking for?

What concentration CBD and RSO is ideal?m here? Thank you
RSO/Cannabis Oil - Ingested. I would start your mom at 10-15mg of THC every 3-4 hours to see how she handles it. You don't want her to be any more uncomfortable than she already is. Every 3 or 4 days up the dose by 5-10mg. She should develop a tolerance. Within this thread are guidelines for, I believe, dosing at 1gram per day. There are differing opinions on the exact amount.

Once you obtain the 'new' oil (be sure to ask for a copy of the test, if it was tested) and knowing the THC (and CBD %) you should be able to calculate the quantity of oil needed to dose accurately.

Typically you'll receive the oil in a syringe with graduated markings. The larger markings will be in units of of 1. The smaller lines will represent either .1 or .2 milliliters depending on the syringe. The volume between the numbers will be equal to 1ml (or gram - they're basically the same). So if your new oil tests at 80% that means there is 800mg of THC in 1ml/gm. With 5 lines between the numbers, each line is worth 20% (.2ml) or .20*800 = 160mg of THC. So if you squeeze out one line of oil you would have 160mg of THC. Is this making sense?

10ml syringe.jpg

If your mom has trouble swallowing the raw oil because of the taste, etc. let me know and I'll give you a suggestion on how to make it palatable.

RSO/Cannabis Oil Suppositories: Suppositories are a great way to dose at much higher dosages. A large gelatin capsule will hold .9ml/.9gm. Using the formula above, that would be .9*800= 720mg of THC in the capsule. You may already know this, but be careful when inserting the suppository. It should be inserted just into the rectum, just past the spincture muscle. At that location there shouldn't be any euphoria. However, If it's inserted to deep it will impact the vagus nerve and the full effect of the THC will impact your mom - negatively.

CBD: Again, you need to know the potency % to effectively dose CBD. There are a lot of formulas on line - here's an example for a person with cancer weighing 120 lbs: Starting dose: 70-75mg - split the dosage throughout the day with a meal. After 1 week go to 140mg. After another week go to 215mg/day. After that add or subtract 5mg./week until the desired results are reached.

Again, this is just one perspective. Questions?

RSO/Cannabis Oil - Ingested. I would start your mom at 10-15mg of THC every 3-4 hours to see how she handles it. You don't want her to be any more uncomfortable than she already is. Every 3 or 4 days up the dose by 5-10mg. She should develop a tolerance. Within this thread are guidelines for, I believe, dosing at 1gram per day. There are differing opinions on the exact amount.

Once you obtain the 'new' oil (be sure to ask for a copy of the test, if it was tested) and knowing the THC (and CBD %) you should be able to calculate the quantity of oil needed to dose accurately.

Typically you'll receive the oil in a syringe with graduated markings. The larger markings will be in units of of 1. The smaller lines will represent either .1 or .2 milliliters depending on the syringe. The volume between the numbers will be equal to 1ml (or gram - they're basically the same). So if your new oil tests at 80% that means there is 800mg of THC in 1ml/gm. With 5 lines between the numbers, each line is worth 20% (.2ml) or .20*800 = 160mg of THC. So if you squeeze out one line of oil you would have 160mg of THC. Is this making sense?

10ml syringe.jpg

If your mom has trouble swallowing the raw oil because of the taste, etc. let me know and I'll give you a suggestion on how to make it palatable.

RSO/Cannabis Oil Suppositories: Suppositories are a great way to dose at much higher dosages. A large gelatin capsule will hold .9ml/.9gm. Using the formula above, that would be .9*800= 720mg of THC in the capsule. You may already know this, but be careful when inserting the suppository. It should be inserted just into the rectum, just past the spincture muscle. At that location there shouldn't be any euphoria. However, If it's inserted to deep it will impact the vagus nerve and the full effect of the THC will impact your mom - negatively.

CBD: Again, you need to know the potency % to effectively dose CBD. There are a lot of formulas on line - here's an example for a person with cancer weighing 120 lbs: Starting dose: 70-75mg - split the dosage throughout the day with a meal. After 1 week go to 140mg. After another week go to 215mg/day. After that add or subtract 5mg./week until the desired results are reached.

May you win the lottery for what you’re doing bro. The World would be a better place with more caring people like yourself. CL🍀 :thanks:

10ml syringe.jpg

absolute gold. professional @medmanmike . many thanks.

i differ slightly on cbd usage, but concur on everything here. i don't feel there is a ceiling for cbd. the doses recommended here are more than sufficient though.

another dosing method / approach is capsules or drinking straight infused oil - like an evoo - extra virgin olive oil. with literally drinking the stuff being preferred. the percentages are lower but the amount used goes up in compensation to equal a similar amount in thc delivery.

the intention is the oil coats the stomach lining in a very direct manner while being absorbed, putting the thc in direct contact over as wide of the affected area as possible. targeted at adenocarcinomas (?), and esophagus - throat - cancer. cancers that occur in the upper part of stomach and upper intestines.

the downside is the patient will experience the euphoria and may also get the same stomach cramp issues associated with high dose ingesting. there's no getting around it. the cbd will definitely help regulate though. the flavour may not be enticing either.

to be certain though, i would frankly do all methods. i strongly believe in a multiprong approach to any battle.

to be certain though, i would frankly do all methods. i strongly believe in a multiprong approach to any battle.

@bluter, thank you! I totally agree to your conclusion! I alluded to your infused oil suggestion - just didn't want to overwhelm Mary Grace, and will explain if she's interested.

That's exactly what I do for myself and some of my patients: dilute the concentrated oil with EVOO and then take drops. Very easy to know exactly how many mg you're getting.

Just an aside.... I have a newer patient who was recently diagnosed with adenocarcinoma of the lung, which has metastasized to the bone(s). Extremely painful. Heavy doses of opioids during the day and self-medicating with morphine at night. She's just completing her initial radiation treatment and is starting chemo. She's not ready to directly attack the cancer with cannabis yet, but agreed to use THC/CBD infused oil at night for the pain/sleep. She's been able to completely stop taking the opioids. I also provider her with some topical pain cream I make with high doses of THC & CBD and she says it really helps applying it directly over the spots where the cancer is in the bone . Got to love this medicine!

@bluter, thank you! I totally agree to your conclusion! I alluded to your infused oil suggestion - just didn't want to overwhelm Mary Grace, and will explain if she's interested.

That's exactly what I do for myself and some of my patients: dilute the concentrated oil with EVOO and then take drops. Very easy to know exactly how many mg you're getting.

Just an aside.... I have a newer patient who was recently diagnosed with adenocarcinoma of the lung, which has metastasized to the bone(s). Extremely painful. Heavy doses of opioids during the day and self-medicating with morphine at night. She's just completing her initial radiation treatment and is starting chemo. She's not ready to directly attack the cancer with cannabis yet, but agreed to use THC/CBD infused oil at night for the pain/sleep. She's been able to completely stop taking the opioids. I also provider her with some topical pain cream I make with high doses of THC & CBD and she says it really helps applying it directly over the spots where the cancer is in the bone . Got to love this medicine!

we mostly go with RSO as a treatment on it's own without diluting into other medium, supplemented by a direct oil infusion from the bud - sometimes referred to as whole plant evoo when using extra virgin olive oil.

the evoo infusion brings terps and more entourage with it. but the concentrations are lower, requiring more consumption. in the end it will work the same. the only difference is in targeting. oils can be better with more specific types of cancers.

RSO is good for all types and a whole body bomb. i personally would not dilute an RSO.

check out instant pot infusion for an easy method of oil infusions. i also do a vegetable glycerin infusion, which is delicious, but would not be as effective as an oil for the OP.

edit : for clarity for @Mary Grace - an oil infusion is a less concentrated form. do not confuse it with what is commonly called RSO - rick simpson oil. RSO is a different method and much more potent than an infused oil such as evoo - extra virgin olive oil.

I also provider her with some topical pain cream I make with high doses of THC & CBD and she says it really helps applying it directly over the spots where the cancer is in the bone . Got to love this medicine!

forgot to mention i also do body thc and cbd body lotions and can easily see an application here. the simple act of applying a lotion has been known to be beneficial on it's own, the added medical cbd/thc benefits in most situations are astounding.

@bluter, I probably should have clarified that I do a QWET extraction, not a true RSO, at 0º to -10ºF with 190-200 proof ethanol. I filter under a vacuum and then do a low temp <100ºF vacuum purge of the ethanol. I get a very clean oil and at 100º or less most terpenes are retained. I find oil made this way to be more versatile. Some patients prefer coconut over olive oil and its easier to make wax, for example.

@bluter, I probably should have clarified that I do a QWET extraction, not a true RSO, at 0º to -10ºF with 190-200 proof ethanol. I filter under a vacuum and then do a low temp <100ºF vacuum purge of the ethanol. I get a very clean oil and at 100º or less most terpenes are retained. I find oil made this way to be more versatile. Some patients prefer coconut over olive oil and its easier to make wax, for example.

that's fantastic.
it's the preferred way to get there. for many it's not attainable, which is why i bring the RSO and oil infusions in.

if need be the RSO and oil infusions can be accomplished at home, a touch more cheaply, if necessary, from the bud. QWET will require a more professional source imo. i realize that @Mary Grace is likely getting a proper QWET. hoping to give a few options.

edit : i would also administer the QWET straight, and use the others for good measure. in that order. i also use coconut oil for my personal pills lol

10ml syringe.jpg

Thank you so much! You’re an absolute legend! Everything’s very clear. The new oil has not been tested. The guy is cooking it as a favour—he’s experienced but unable to test as most of his kit is abroad. THC is illegal here in the U.K., so very hard to get good quality or anyone willing to take the risk. The CBD I found is 1000mg per 10mL. She finds the taste ‘sticky’ so I bought some empty capsules (0 size), which will arrive tomorrow. Could even mix the new RSO and CBS. The suppositories I cooked in cacao butter with 300mg RSO per 2g suppository mould (no particular reason for the concentration, just wanted to start with something asap). Only six of them. She reported not being able to fall asleep. I’m not sure it’s the suppository though. Will refine the recipe tomorrow. What are your thoughts on mixing with olive oil and sunflower lecithin? Thank you for being so generous with your time and expertise!!

absolute gold. professional @medmanmike . many thanks.

i differ slightly on cbd usage, but concur on everything here. i don't feel there is a ceiling for cbd. the doses recommended here are more than sufficient though.

another dosing method / approach is capsules or drinking straight infused oil - like an evoo - extra virgin olive oil. with literally drinking the stuff being preferred. the percentages are lower but the amount used goes up in compensation to equal a similar amount in thc delivery.

the intention is the oil coats the stomach lining in a very direct manner while being absorbed, putting the thc in direct contact over as wide of the affected area as possible. targeted at adenocarcinomas (?), and esophagus - throat - cancer. cancers that occur in the upper part of stomach and upper intestines.

the downside is the patient will experience the euphoria and may also get the same stomach cramp issues associated with high dose ingesting. there's no getting around it. the cbd will definitely help regulate though. the flavour may not be enticing either.

Thank you. It’s a good idea to drink, infused or neat. I tried giving her flax and olive oil but neat and in larger amounts it comes right back up! She takes a shot of olive oil in porridge in the mornings. Not sure she can handle neat THC / CBD / EVOO infusion quite yet. It is a gastric adenocarcinoma btw. And yes, a multi-pronged approach is definitely the way!!

Do you mean THC plus EVOO makes more of a liquid substance, hence easier to dose? Supposing the new oil is in the 60 percent range (conservative estimate), do you mix 1:1? How many drops would I need?

that's fantastic.
it's the preferred way to get there. for many it's not attainable, which is why i bring the RSO and oil infusions in.

if need be the RSO and oil infusions can be accomplished at home, a touch more cheaply, if necessary, from the bud. QWET will require a more professional source imo. i realize that @Mary Grace is likely getting a proper QWET. hoping to give a few options.

edit : i would also administer the QWET straight, and use the others for good measure. in that order. i also use coconut oil for my personal pills lol
It’s vacuum purged BHO

It’s vacuum purged BHO

@medmanmike is referring to something called quick wash extraction technique / quick wash ethanol technique or QWET for short. it is a method using high grade alcohol and frozen cannabis. the alcohol is used to extract the trichomes, cannabinoids, and terpenes, then the alcohol is evaporated, leaving a more pure substance for medical use.

it is easier to work with and retains more of what you need. sometimes referred to as whole plant extraction.

the evoo is olive oil that is directly infused in a heated process. an instant pot is a simple way to get there. it isn't mixing a QWET or RSO with anything else. the cannabis is infused direct in the oil.

Thank you so much! You’re an absolute legend! Everything’s very clear. The new oil has not been tested. The guy is cooking it as a favour—he’s experienced but unable to test as most of his kit is abroad. THC is illegal here in the U.K., so very hard to get good quality or anyone willing to take the risk. The CBD I found is 1000mg per 10mL. She finds the taste ‘sticky’ so I bought some empty capsules (0 size), which will arrive tomorrow. Could even mix the new RSO and CBS. The suppositories I cooked in cacao butter with 300mg RSO per 2g suppository mould (no particular reason for the concentration, just wanted to start with something asap). Only six of them. She reported not being able to fall asleep. I’m not sure it’s the suppository though. Will refine the recipe tomorrow. What are your thoughts on mixing with olive oil and sunflower lecithin? Thank you for being so generous with your time and expertise!!
MG, I typically use EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) that I make for myself and my patients. My understanding is EVOO is better medicinally as it is absorbed quicker than other oils and allows the cannabinoids to get to work faster. Sunflower Lecithin - which I also use - is added to enhance the bioavailability of the mixture. Be aware with using the Lecithin that it will not mix very well so spend extra time on this. Many will mix in the Lecithin, refrigerate the oil, remix, refrigerate again. If you have access to a Magnetic Stir Plate, even better.

Thank you. It’s a good idea to drink, infused or neat. I tried giving her flax and olive oil but neat and in larger amounts it comes right back up! She takes a shot of olive oil in porridge in the mornings. Not sure she can handle neat THC / CBD / EVOO infusion quite yet. It is a gastric adenocarcinoma btw. And yes, a multi-pronged approach is definitely the way!!
Have you tried adding your RSO to the olive oil and putting that in the porridge? My morning dose is added to my coffee - works very well. I always recommend taking the oil with food. It delays the onset and weakens the effects (at least for me) but I get the meds into my system. The bottom line for your mom right now is to get as many cannabinoids into her as you can.

It's recommended to get the cannabinoids as close to the cancer as possible - ie for cancer stomach, swallow the meds. Colon, suppositories. You get the picture. In your mom's case she's not tolerating the oral delivery well. Here's a couple of tips:

1) Add Peppermint Oil (edible essential oil) to the RSO/Cannabis oil. I add 10 drops to every ounce of oil that I make. Adjust to taste/effect as needed. This might help your mom with the taste but more importantly it might ease the stomach nausea.

2) If you are still giving her large doses orally, I would try backing off until her stomach can tolerate it. Then play with the amount as her tolerance increases. Use suppositories for the balance of her daily dosage.

3) If she can tolerate holding the RSO/Canabis oil in her mouth for a length of time, swirling it around in the mouth for a minute or two she'll absorb some of the cannabinoids so there won't be as many when she swallows.

4) Are you familiar with Tacking? Tacking is taking the raw RSO/BHO, and attaching a rice size amount of the oil to a dried gum and letting it sit there until dissolves. Be careful as a poorly crafted oil can irritate/burn the gums.

5) By mixing the RSO with EVOO, you can then use that oil mixture for cooking, baking, salads, etc just as you use any oil. Excess heat will destroy some of the cannabinoids so I would research that further.

Hopefully others will chime in with their favorite tips.

Do you mean THC plus EVOO makes more of a liquid substance, hence easier to dose? Supposing the new oil is in the 60 percent range (conservative estimate), do you mix 1:1? How many drops would I need?
Yes to more of a liquid and easier to dose. Let me explain how I make my "infused oil".

Based on the potency percentage, I measure out the raw oil (RSO or QWET as @bluter described) so that I get the equivalent of 600mg of THC. Let's say your oil is 60%. Again, that means that 1ml (1gr) holds 600mg of THC. I put that in a stainless steel bowl (so I can heat it - a microwave bowl works too) and add in 29ml of EVOO. That gives me 30ml of the mixed oil (I also add a few drops of Lecithin and Peppermint oil at this point). I warm the bowl up on a coffee cup warmer and wisk it together. The oils blend easier when warmed.

I put the oil in a 1oz bottle with a dropper. There are 600 drops in 30ml (20drops/ml). This means that each drop 600drops/600mg = 1mg of THC (or CBD) per drop. It's very easy to dose this way. At present I'm on a maintenance dose so I put 6 drops in my coffee for my morning dose. You can also add in CBD oil which I do: 600mg of QWET CBD oil so I have a 1:1 ratio - THC/CBD.

You, obviously, need to work with larger amounts but the process is the same. You probably realize also that the more EVOO you add the weaker the solution. You can add more RSO to less EVOO - 2ml RSO to 15ml EVOO will double the strength and so on. The higher the ratio of RSO the thicker the solution will get.

Hope this helps.

Good oil.
Thank you for all your help. Apologies for the delay—we’ve spent a week at the hospital. Shortage of doctors, administrative errors, junior doctors striking for higher pay meant we got stuck in the system, being bounced from ward to ward. Meanwhilst, no support at all—not even a saline drip until day 3. Mum really deteriorated from the stress of it all.

The original RSO (tar like syringes) gives mum heartburn and she can’t take it at all now. So I’ve started putting it into suppositories, half a gram in the morning and then another in evening, mixed with cacao butter. The new BHO she can handle with no gastric side effects, but hates the psychoactive effect and only takes a pipette throughout the day, which is 90mg THC at most. Ma doesn’t believe anything will work anymore, so compliance is poor.

I’ve heard mixed opinions on suppositories. Do you think they work in terms of providing cannabinoids systemically?

Do you know anywhere I could buy high potency and quality RSO in the U.K. to continue with the suppositories?

RSO seems to have a lot of plant lipids and other substances, hence the tar like colour and consistency. I can’t quite understand how a gram of RSO can be 60 percent THC (600mg) with all of these other things mixed in, whilst a much purer looking BHO in a pipette contains only 90mg THC according to the source. I obviously don’t understand the cooking process, so perhaps you could shed some light please?

Back
Top Bottom