A guerrilla grower's take on indoor growing

Oldgrower54

420 Member
Spent the last few days shutting down the garden, and prepping for the Spring. I grow lots of stuff.. ornamental s, veggie's, culinary/medicinal herbs, just love gardening plain and simple.
Last Winter, I tried my hand growing indoors. Single plant, basic equipment, not a clue. 1st was a bust..tried again..bust again, but I learned alot. I'm starting my 3rd go-round, hopefully wiser and a damn sight poorer buying all the crap I need to succeed.
Looking through the window of the tent, at all the gadgets I've accumulated, like some fucked-up Skylab abortion it dawned on me..... I really don't like indoor gardening. Sure it's convenient, controlled, etc. But there's something lacking, that symbiotic un-nameable like the fresh air,birds singing, the rhythm of a garden... Unexplainable to someone not into it.
Missouri now has MM so my days of hide-n-seek, girded up like Rambo are a thing of the past. It'll be a long winter waiting for Spring.

I don't get around as easily as I once did. Maintaining our property is about all I can do. So, I grow indoors. I did have four plants on the back porch last year. Someone decided they wanted them more than I.

I do understand the call of the the outdoors. I gardened from the age of five until a few years ago, both ornamentals and vegetables. Food from the garden was a head and shoulders above what they sell at the grocery stores. I still go out to the farms in harvest season to buy from the roadside stands.

My cannabis growing is all inside now, and as automated as I can get it.

I can gain a sense of appreciation for what you are saying here Oldgrower54.
I grow indoors but I am an outdoors person and a hunter. I think what you are comparing is very similar to the appreciation I gain for nature while hunting. You don't just observe it... you absorb it.
While I do enjoy the control I have over my grow indoors I can perfectly respect the opposite end of the scale from a different perspective.

Grown outside and in, I do prefer a outside grow, where I live I’ve got about a 4 month window of warm weather to do it in. This years outside grow didn't do very well, to much rain I’m glad I started my inside grow in August it’s almost ready to harvest now.
Just covering my bets. Growers luv

72A7D160-DC97-4292-9203-33689376B535.jpeg
0613458E-FBD1-45E0-BF8E-356B436F7A6F.jpeg

Same here..
Outdoor growing is so much cheaper and easier..

I'm not going to give up my outdoor for indoor so I'm only going to dabble with indoor while I'm bored waiting to put plants back outside in the spring, because in the spring all of my legal numbers will be used up outside, so no sense investing a crapload into indoor stuff I'll only use for a while in the winter..

I'm just mostly going to run with what I got, maybe I'll fail, but I'm on good track to start flowering 6 under a 1k in a couple weeks to a month, it will be quite unconventional training because of what clones I have to work with, in borrowed dirt from my outdoor setup which is working well in veg so far..

I hear that, kind of takes some of the fun out of it. But you can still Rambo it up and act like its illegal. :ganjamon:
Where I live I got no chance of it ever becoming legal to grow. The governor has seen to that and the only way to get weed legally here is thru a state run dispensary there’s 4 in the state. And u must have a medical ID card issued by the state in order to purchase any of that s#*t anyway.
I think I’ll pass, and keep growing and flying under the radar as I have for a long time. Growers luv

Federal legalization of cannabis is coming sooner than you think...all that money now wants to expand. Those politicians are already smelling the money. This is one cat that wont be put back in the bag for a very long time....eeeeevvverrryyoneee smoke weed. I had a governor like that once...his kid got caught growing a back yard full of weed. I mean the American government STILL distributes cannabis in tins through the mail to a few patients from decades ago...search youtube for the stock trader smoking a doobie to keep his bone spurs at bay in the capital...the judge told him he can legally smoke anywhere that cigarettes are allowed.

Back on topic, I cant wait to start growing outdoors. :( Never have yet. That sun has to be at least 5,000 watts. :ganjamon: lol

Back
Top Bottom